[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Must-read /biz/ books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: books1.jpg (80KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
books1.jpg
80KB, 500x375px
I am soon going to start studying economics in Germany and I just watched 'The big short' and it got me interested in stock trading.

Do you recommend any books to read before I am going to uni? Especially books regarding stock trading.
>>
Think and grow rich
>>
>>1091312
the intelligent investor.
>>
Not a book but if you want a very interesting introduction to how people in competition think, try this...

It's a Yale University class on game theory. It's free, the lectures are on video and you can download all of the class material, notes and tests.

VERY interesting class...

http://oyc.yale.edu/economics/econ-159
>>
>>1091416
I do know if I should listen to a teacher that has not done any actual money ( from what I saw).
Like Bernard Shaw said : "He who can , does. He who cannot, teaches."
>>
>>1091431
You wouldn't refuse to learn how to count because the person teaching you wasn't a successful trader.

You can decide for yourself if the theory is useful, the theory is separate from trading itself, though possibly useful.
>>
>>1091437
Good point, I just have a hard time to see why someone with a lot of knowledge in economy is not financially very successful. Maybe he prefers to observes stuff idk. I will listen to him because the subject look interesting by itself.
>>
File: finabooks.png (1MB, 1792x793px) Image search: [Google]
finabooks.png
1MB, 1792x793px
>>1091312

Since you are going to school for this and will hopefully end up with real work in the area, you should probably read pic related.

They are the current go to books on institutional investing.
>>
Can anyone recommend a book that will teach me the basics on handling/saving money?

I finally have income and while it's not much, I'd like to not be retarded with it.
>>
Read books by popular economists and read about economic theory/thought e.g. Friedman, Keynes, Hayek, Krugman, Stiglitz, Kahneman, Piketty, Niall Ferguson, Bernanke (audtobiography on GFC) and Greenspan (audtobiography).

Nearly all of these books by above authors and the many others are accessible to noobs.
>>
>>1091823
Spend less than you earn and save the difference.
There isn't much else to it, when you're ready start reading about how to invest.
>>
richest man in babylon
>>
>>1091312
an introduction to high finance
>>
>>1091823

I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi

Shit title, its about learning how to handle your money not get rich really
>>
File: bizlit.jpg (2MB, 1345x1450px) Image search: [Google]
bizlit.jpg
2MB, 1345x1450px
>>
>>1092633
also Rich Dad Poor Dad books
>>
>>1092637
Is this legit?
>>
>>1091672
Anyone know where I can grab a free pdf of efficiently inefficient? Google gave me nuttin.
>>
Are Trump's biz booksnworth reading?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.