[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

App experience thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

Hi /biz/, I have found a trustworthy app designer in India who is designing some of my app ideas for me. I hope to make it big on Google Play. I was wondering whether anyone here has had any success/failures in the app game? Please tell.
>>
How much is he charging?
>>
>>1088650
$ 2000 dollars for two apps.
>>
>>1088653
We have set goals for him to reach and I will pay him after reaching those goals btw. I found him on freelancer.
>>
>I have a great idea for an app
>just need a programmer
>poo in the loo
>>
File: 1441293664195.jpg (144KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1441293664195.jpg
144KB, 1024x576px
>>1088648
OP ignore all the haters here, at least you're trying. Even tho this could fail you're getting experience instead of sitting behind your pc and doing nothing.

Godspeed OP
>>
>>1088656
You better pray to god he knows what the fuck he's doing. I've heard horror stories about the design incompetencies of Indian devs.
>>
>>1088710
Well, no goals no pay my risk is limited I guess. He already supplied a demo which looks good.
>>
>>1088700
Thx no guts no glory
>>
>>1088726
hahahahahaha just wait until you ask someone to maintain the code and they tell you it needs to be re-written
>>
>>1088733
You had this experience? Have you launched an app?
>>
>>1088726
Indians don't have a very good head for design or aesthetics. you'll probably have to redo their work or constantly ask them to revise the thing.
>>
>>1088778
Ok.
>>
>>1088771
no I am a programmer professionally in the US and have heard horror stories
>>
>>1088771
I don't mean to put you down - many Indians are great programmers - but if they are they are probably already working in the USA
>>
>>1088792
What are your prices compared to India?
>>
I have not had good experiences with freelance Indian code writers. I don't know what the problem is exactly but they think they're pros when in reality they are amateurs.
Not to say your app won't turn out well but if you don't understand the process behind what he's doing, you won't be able to really review his work and make sure it's good.
Anyway, good luck. Let us know how it goes.
>>
>>1088801
salaried developers make 60k-120k a year depending on experience and freelance charge anywhere between $50-$200 an hour
>>
>>1088801
most consultant's i've seen make $75 an hour and then their firm takes another $75
>>
>>1088804
I will :)
>>
>>1088816
I don't have $ 50,000 to develop an app
>>
>>1088710
I witness them almost every fucking day. Its fucking beyond me why people go to that shithole for "IT"
>>
>>1088648
If you don't have a marketing plan and (big) budget nothing will happen. Your app will just drown in the sea of shit which is the app store.
>>
>>1089327
Again I would like to hear some real life experiences instead of xyz is impossible or xyz is shit. Has anyone actually played the app game?
>>
>>1089327
>>1089376
Yes this is my personal experience so I can elaborate a bit. I've developed a couple of apps for Android play store and they all did horribly.

While I think the quality was good, I did not do any marketing and promotion. The result is that the apps will never appear in the searches on Google play because they don't have many downloads and not enough ratings. So really my point is, even if you DO get a decent binary from the Indian you will make no money. It's only half the work and $2000 is laughable for marketing.

So at least do some research and come up with a plan for ASO and getting noticed on the store where you intend to publish.

Don't be fooled by the Flappy Birds of this world, they are flukes. For the one successful Flappy Bird, there are 100000 horrible failures which don't get noticed.
>>
>>1088804
>they think they're pros when in reality they are amateurs.

Caste.
>>
What stops the guy from just taking your ideas and selling them himself?
>>
>>1090225
Can you say which apps? So I can check them out and learn?
>>
>>1090451
Nothing but the trust in his company. His company has 40 employees.
>>
>>1089376
I am an app developer myself. That said, the quality you'll get in India is, in most cases, horrible. It takes good money to get a good app.

Lesson I learned though is that you won't make money unless you can make it near the top 1-3%. Those flappybird apps, don't plan on getting lucky like that, its like the odds of winning a lottery. use analytical sites to see what the competition is doing in the same area as you. Also if there are other very similar apps, your only hope is to get better reviews while offering a cheaper pricetag.
>>
>>1089327
This. OP is very late to the game. Right now, the android app market is super saturated. Having a big enough budget for advertising and promotion matters more than the quality and uniqueness of the app.
>>
You fucked up lad.
Indians are awful programmers, and the goods ones always program "defensively" , meaning they will intentionally fuck up their code base so only they themselves understand it. It's a by product of the fact that many companies really abuse and treat them as 100% disposable.

If you want a good app for cheap go with commi bloc or ex-yugo countries. I've heard good things about Bulgarians and Russian programmers.
>>
>>1088804
Just ask them for samples of their work prior to hiring them.
>>
>>1088804
>they think they're pros when in reality they are amateurs
This.
Same with Indian engineers. Not even ONCE!
>>
OP,
If you need a design for your app - write me to [email protected]
I can help you
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.