[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twitter Reports Q4 Decline in Users

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 18j57r6ka56bujpg.jpg (18KB, 320x267px) Image search: [Google]
18j57r6ka56bujpg.jpg
18KB, 320x267px
http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2016/02/09/twitter-citi-charts-possible-user-decline-in-q4/

Hey guys, just wanted to remind you that dot com bubble 2.0 is upon us so feel free to sell off all your FANG shit and panic. Alright, that's all I've got, take it easy!
>>
You know, now that I think about it, I DO have an actual question:

How come LinkedIn and Tableau can send out earnings forecasts that aren't great and their value gets fucking TORCHED, but worthless shit like Twitter reports that it's even more worthless before and no one bats an eyelash?
>>
>>1086954
Twitter is something I've noticed a bunch of fucking moron teenagers use. The vest thing to happen was for me to buy these contracts for a strike at $14 on TWTR because twitter is one of those cyclical technologies that disappear with the generations maturity.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 800x720px
>>1086954
Because it's main income stream is selling user data to the NSA and GCHQ via Palantirs PRISM program
>>
Using Facebook and twitter is like inviting a CIA agent to come and live in your house.

Why do you think it's fucking banned in China and Russia?
>>
>Twitter declining in users
It can't happen fast enough.

I wish we could go back to the days when you wouldn't see tweets ticking along the bottom of the screen for a tv show (like the Price is Right).
>>
>>1086945
Good thing I started my position yesterday. Will average it out for the next few months, if price keeps low.

They have been putting about 80% of their cash into short term investments. Quarterly revenue has been growing, and quarterly operating expenses have been dropping.

Though, they do have like a 90% float with a 10% short interest. They went public and are using the shareholders equity to invest in infrastructure and other short term investments.
>>
>>1086945
facebook is going to crash BIG!!!!
>>
File: 1446082212723.png (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446082212723.png
61KB, 500x375px
>>1086945
The real question (if this is the beginning of a trend) is where the users are going? This happened with MySpace to Facebook. Then Facebook to Twitter. Then there was branches to Instagram, etc.

If you found where the users are going, could be a huge new investment.
>>
>>1087445

AIM chatrooms
>>
>>1086945
>ban free speech
>surprised when less people use your tech to talk
>>
Look at Twitter's stock and all of their previous earnings reports. Look at the company and its business model.

Twitter is a propaganda tool. It's not designed to make a profit.

As the guy above said, it exists solely to mine data to the government.
>>
>>1086945
I wonder if this has anything to do with the new rules Twitter made about "hate speech".
>>1087453
I think people will start sending messages to eachother across ARPANET
>>
>>1087445
To nowhere, people are tired of social media and have realize that no one cares about what you think or post. Facebook is dead, twitter is dead.

Everyone is using snapchat and instagram and even those are starting to die off.
>>
>>1087487

This.

You always have to look at what 18 year old girls are using- if they're using it, everyone else will start using it soon too.

The girls I've talked to, most of them have twitter,facebook,snapchat, instagram but they only use instagram.

And they use instagram "sometimes" or "less and less"

Do the market research. Chat up girls wearing a suit.

The information is important. You can also sometimes get laid.

I've been shorting twitter, facebook, for a long long time simply because the girls I've talked to have said they've stopped using it.

And now, I reap the rewards.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.