[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How To Chargeback in this case

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Yo /biz/, I got a legal/credit card issue I was hoping for some help on.

I recently purchased tickets to a concert from a third party ticket broker (scalpers) because they concert i wanted to attend was sold out in 2 minutes.

I purchased the tickets at what the merchant informed me was 209$ total (double the price of the original tickets) over the phone, using my credit card and billing information.

Later that day, the concert opened up thousands of new tickets because they had moved to a new venue, (tons of available tickets at original price)

I got my credit card bill and my bill was at a whopping 299$ (3 times the original ticket price) because the merchant A) either lied about the price of the tickets or B)she did not warn me over the phone about Canadian to American exchange rate. (the 209 was American dollars, but she clearly knew i was a canadian citizen for multiple reasons and chose not to warn me)

I wanna know what are my options legally as to not having to pay money for these tickets (issuing a call back) as the merchant has a no return policy. I have not received a confirmation email telling me that my tickets have been shipped (they said it would take a day max, and it has been 4 days)

TLDR

>Bought third party tickets for double price
>OG tickets went back on sale
>Got credit card bill
>Was triple price, not double, because merchant didn't inform me of exchange rate
>Was done over the phone, no physical transaction
>merchant has no return policy
>>
>>1086056

bump cause i can't sleep on this.
>>
What are you doing nigger just ring your bank and tell them to reverse the charge that you never authorised.

Banks in Australia anyway will reverse all credit card charges.
>>
>>1086056

Call the bank that issues your credit card and say you want to dispute the transaction because they're over billing you and you never agreed to the amount.

That's what credit cards are for. To tell shady merchants to go fuck themselves.
>>
>>1086127

what about the whole terms and company policy shit? Am i going to get fucked over their fine print?
>>
>>1086124

Also, is this not fraud? I can't just say i never authorized it.
>>
>>1086148
I work at a CC company.

It's kinda stupid to do this because if they have a certain amount of information (CVV, billing address match, exp date, terms of use, recording of call), it'll just be billed right back to you after awhile, also that amount in credit will be withheld from your use while they await the company's response.

You should call your credit card company, ask them to conference them on the line and usually they'll refund it because there's a big scary bank on your side.
>>
>>1086148
You can and then they find out you're losing and you get sued for slandering the merchant because this is not fraud
>>
>>1086148
>>1086168
Also, if it comes down to some pissy shithead caring too much about refunding your money...ask to speak with a manager/supervisor. The manager won't want to hear much shit because they're busy pretending to work as is and usually they'll throw whatever you're asking for just to shut ya ass up.
>>
>>1086172

I read the sites terms, and in (pricing) it clearly states that it is in American (U.S) dollars. But this purchase was done over the phone, and it was not made clear by the merchant (she clearly knew I was Canadian) that the price would adjust according to my economy.

Honestly, what is my course of action? Call the ticket site and explain the situation, or call my credit card company right away?
>>
>>1086168
You realize financial institutions cans conference a third party and just start talking about your financial transactions with them. Where do you work? Zimbabwe?
>>
>>1086179
Just call your credit card company and be honest that you were unaware of the exchange. Or suck about 300 dicks for $1 each
>>
>>1086188

Ill call them first thing in the morning. Thanks for help guys, can't help but feeling salty over this stupid transaction, I went from being okay with paying double for the tickets, to paying TRIPLE.

I'll bathe in bleach if my Bank/Credit card company doesn't clutch for me.
>>
>>1086206
They will... everyone you get on a phone is graded based on meeting customer need, satisfaction, rapport, etc.

Just say you weren't aware of the exchange and are having problems getting them to refund it on your own.
>>
>>1086183
Haha, of course. It would have to disclosed by the credit card holder that conferencing the 3rd party is alright. Once that's done, free reign. And really, what I'm saying is the bank will be on the line just as back up, the person making the transaction will do 90% of the talking. The bank rep won't discuss anything else but the transaction that's being disputed.
>>
>>1086228

So you're telling me that i'm not in a hole/screwed

1) no refund policy
2) the fact that i was not fully aware of what i was paying because I didn't realize 100% that the price agreed over the phone was not Canadian

Many people are telling me that i'll probably get my money back, but i can't help like feel im going to get squashed tomorrow because of the ticket site's terms. I wish they could just keep their damn tickets and refund me my money. They haven't even shipped yet.
>>
>>1086234

So i should ask for a conference call with my bank and the merchant? What's my most surefire way to get refunded.
>>
>>1086251
Not necessarily screwed/dickbutted.

>>1086270
Yes. That's the best way, particularly if you ask for the disputes department.

Worst case scenario is the company tells you to fuck off and you dispute the item and have your CC company research the matter.
>>
>>1086301

Thanks man, ill update thread on results, calling now.

Incoming fail.
>>
>>1086056

Well. Called the merchant, told me to fuck off.

Called the credit card company, told me they couldn't do anything because i didn't read the terms and conditions of something that is non refundable.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.