[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Just hold anon! >Never realize your losses it will surely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-02-09-19-15-48.png (142KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-09-19-15-48.png
142KB, 768x1280px
>Just hold anon!
>Never realize your losses it will surely go up eventually!
>Stockpicking is not a meme
>John Cramer isn't a scammer or anything anon!

T-thanks Cramer.
>>
>>1085764
By ethereum
>>
>>1085764
That's what you get for using the Jewbox
>>
>>1085764
>this haphazard of a portfolio

Learn how to portfolio, bruh.
>>
>>1085764

>buying individual companies

lol
>>
>>1085772
What is a Jewbox?

>>1085778
>>1085782
I-i just wanted to test out how being a kewl daytrader would be like. Apparently not very well.

What is wrong with my portfolio anyways?
>>
File: c4jt321.png (310KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
c4jt321.png
310KB, 580x282px
>i invest long term
>>
>>1085787
You've invested all of your money in a handful of companies. You stand to lose a lot of even one of those companies performs poorly. Wouldn't you prefer to spread out your investments over hundreds, or thousands of companies?
>>
>>1085816
>Wouldn't you prefer to spread out your investments over hundreds, or thousands of companies?

Yes and I do that by purchasing ETFs with real money.

But this was just for fun and to test if it will work or not.
>>
>>1085816
This would be done with a financial product, by the way, you're not actually going to buy individual shares in hundreds of different companies.
>>
well?
>>
>>1085787
>What is wrong with my portfolio anyways?
Well, you picked shitty companies for one.
>>
I like using that app to test memestock
Im down %40 on LABU and up 15% on DWTI
>>
>Doesn't hedge in his portfolio
>All his picks move in the same direction
>>>>>>Penny stocks

Dude, if you're not gonna buy index funds, at least buy a good mix of stocks that hedge each other a bit. Like, if you're gonna fuck around with stuff that does well in a bear market, pick a few that do well in a bull to diminish your risk.

Honestly, has no one ever been taught portfolio theory here?
>>
>>1086492
Wouldn't that equalise your shit?

So make 30% off oil then lose 30% of some other shit?

Got any links to learn more about this?
>>
>>1086493
I think he means like beer and fast food stocks doing good in a recession. Those stocks will still give a return in a better market. Not following?

McDonald's did really well in the recession, but chipotle, 5 guys, etc, have been doing really well now that the economy is better. People have more money for better quality.
>>
>>1086497
>McDonald's did really well in the recession, but chipotle, 5 guys, etc, have been doing really well now that the economy is better

Exactly so why would I get both of them?

Wouldn't it more or less equalize my gains? Since when we're in a recession half my stocks would be doing poorly while the others would be doing well and the opposite during a bull period.
>>
>>1086499
>>1086493
It's unlikely that you'd pick two stocks with perfectly negative correlation. You'd also fuck around with weights, so unless you weighted equally and somehow found two stocks that had that perfect negative correlation, you'd be fine.

Key thing is you want to optimize your portfolio, which means maximizing return while minimizing risk. If you know how to use solver in excel, you could put in your stocks and their betas (because the beta of a stock measures correlation between the stock and the market) and optimize to find your weights for the optimal portfolio.

I only know this because I took an investments class and we went over this. I mainly fuck around with commodity etf's cause they interest me, and I think investing in companies is boring.
>>
>>1086520
Cool thanks anon. I'll look into this more.

As I said this is just memay stocks, in real life with real money I just buy one s&p ETF whenever I have enough that trading fee is a very small percent
>>
Cramer is a con man. If you fail using his strategy he can just chalk it up to not doing your homework. Whatever that means.
>>
>>1086622
Why isn't the SEC taking him down?
>>
If you're trading on Robinhood, is there any reason to hold a stock if you don't think the price will go up within the next 3 business days?
>>
>>1086520
More info in this process in excell please
>>
>>1088122
how tell if beta is low/high? basically is 2 high or low? or it depends on the sector?
>>
>>1086520
>how tell if beta is low/high? basically is 2 high or low? or it depends on the sector?
>>
>>1088127
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGhGz8trZtw

You should search around on YT for a good tutorial. I don't really wanna do it right now.

>>1088312
Depends on the sector desu. You're gonna have higher betas on stocks in things like the tech sector and lower betas in things like industrials.
>>
>>1086497
Except McDonald's has posted massive losses because of Japan's market for foreign food drying up. Fast food might continue to do well in the US, where poor people waste their money, but the foreign market is going to disappear. Can McDonald's, or any fast food chain, survive a foreign demand implosion?
>>
>>1088362
But McDonald's is still popular in fat fuck countries in the middle east. Is Japan a huge part of McD's revenue? I dunno anything about the company.
>>
>>1086499
You lower returns (on average) but also lower risk(on average).

You don't net 0 Because that implies the stocks are perfectly inversely proportional and if that were true we'd be millionaires.
>>
>>1085771
Is this a bot that just autoposts that whenever a new thread is created?
>>
My inlaws told me I was stupid for not buying redhat at its ipo. That was back 20 years ago and it subsequently went down 99%.

History does repeat and rhyme so use it to your profit
>>
>>1088362
>massive losses

You mean billions in profit
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.