[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US anons, I have a question for you. I am under the impression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1449919861403.png (8KB, 408x286px) Image search: [Google]
1449919861403.png
8KB, 408x286px
US anons, I have a question for you.
I am under the impression that all education above highschool is something you pay for. What do you do if you start studying towards a degree but realise that its not right for you? Do you just continue studying since you/your parents have already invested money or what?
>>
>>1085109
PhD programs pay you to go but it's not as much as just working right after undergrad for most fields. Modern day PhDs are just people who don't know what they want to do, because everyone can get the same resources pretty easily online or through seminars/conventions.

Anyway yeah some idiots continue others change majors. The people taking it as an "investment" are not learning anything anyway so it doesn't matter what degree they get, they just need good grades. Contrary to how people have said for millennia to make money on cheap stories, most kids adjust and find good jobs for themselves. Economy is good enough that they can blow retarded loans into school and then work it off slowly while having fun at some easy office gig or planning/designing shit.
>>
>>1085109

>What do you do if you start studying towards a degree but realise that its not right for you?

then you are studying a degree that's not right for you

what are you asking here?
>>
Florida has FAFSA, which basically pays you to go to college. Adding any scholarships on top of that is like earning minimum wage for free every semester. Plus it's tax deducatable, which is at least $1,100 if you paid for full-time.

Until you take Summer biology anyway. And the teacher fails you even though you wrote him a letter clearly stating you wanted him to drop you from the class like he politely told us to. And FAFSA drops you for a bug, fat F that was undeserved. And your mom's like, "The fuck, dude? We're way to poverty-stricken to pay for your schooling without this." And you see that teacher from afar sometimes, years later, two semester credits to your name, wondering why you feel legitimate hate for someone for the first time in your life. And you're doing perfectly fine now, but your endorphins are screaming, waiting to be released through carnal bloodlust for this man's life.

But certain states and scholarships are great for college.
>>
>>1085145

>relying on scholarships

only poor kids and asians can do that. Most college students aren't lucky enough to be born poor or soulless enough to quality
>>
>>1085145
damn, i feel fucking entitled at the moment
>>
>>1085159

shit happens. I know a lot of kids that had similar things happen to them. I went to a UC that had to institute grade weighting (I can't remember the exact name) that gave out a predetermined number of As, Bs, Cs, Ds and Fs in an attempt to cut the number of students attending the upper-level classes (due to teacher shortages). In the end, it fucked over a lot of people because even kids getting 90 percentile scores were failed and lost all their scholarship credits and ability to continue in school

shit's fucking brutal, I feel legitimately bad for people who have to go through it today. State schools are so much easier
>>
>>1085109
You most often pay as you go, like paying for the next quarter/half year. So if you find out you don't want to study Polynesian basket weaving, you only lose money equal to half a year of study at most.
>>
>>1085109
>parents
>invested money

Shit man I wish I had some rich ass parents to afford that shit. Basically you change your major and end up settling for a job you don't really like and if you're lucky, after like 5-7 years once you're drowning in student loan debt and can't afford a house or a car you can just kill yourself and all of your relatives so your loans just default and the government doesn't know who to go after
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.