[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumb ass shit your family/friends say about business and personal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 5498e9e2555da.jpg (160KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
5498e9e2555da.jpg
160KB, 1200x800px
>Investing is risky business!
>Investing your money is for people who already have a lot!
>The stockmarket is rigged
>The stockmarket is random and completely unpredictable, so it's best not to bother
>I play computer games
>I just keep my money in my savings account, that way it collects interest and I can save up!
>Saving for retirement? Haha i don't plan to be alive that long.
>I'm too young/old to start a business
>I do not listen to Maybach music
>All the good business ideas were taken already
>All the smart products or services were already invented before me
>____? Nah that's nonsense! Just get a regular job ya dummy!
>Anon, you need to pay for us when we're older, we raised you afterall
>Cmon bro lend me $100, i need it to buy more Vemma, trust me it will make us earn MILLIONS
>Reinvesting your profits? That's retarded, why earn money if i don't spend it on fun?
>Live within my means? But Shaniqua/Johnny has that new iPhone 9s deluxe platinum edition, I need it too...
>I only work 40 hours a week but i wish to get rich
>I don't actively work on improving myself
>What's the point of books? I'm done all my reading!
>I play videogames lol it's fun!
>>
>>Investing is risky business
>>The stockmarket is rigged
>>The stockmarket is random and completely unpredictable

These are actually mostly accurate
>>
I have a cousin that's a stoner metalhead/goth/punk or something like that.

He claims to be an anarchist. I asked him what it is and heard the most ridiculous explanation ever:

>Everything is fair and square. For example, I'm good with electronics and you're good with guitars. I do you a favour, and you do me a favour. No money involved. No one is getting rich. Right now, it's unfair because whatever we're good at, Samsung is getting rich.

I tried explaining some basic economics, e.g. how would you value the favours?

>You just don't get it, man.

The guy is 23. Not English, but that's roughly how the conversation went.
>>
>>1084586
Not exactly. Index Investing is a good use of your money instead of letting it rot in a bank account.

>>1084589
Average memechist.png

Not even an Anaracho Capitalist kek.
>>
>>1084589
In defence of his position mutual bartering with favours/goods works fine (and worked fine for 100ky) as long as you're in a group small enough that you know everyone and can keep track of who owes who what mentally. The problem is when there's more than about 200 people that is impossible without records (currency).

Just tell him that our current system is the same thing as before but scaled up, Samsung just makes shitloads of money because they do favours for lots of people.
>>
>>1084620
knowing who owes what to each other is still currency, whether you write it down or not does not define a currency

a pure barter system has probably never existed except in very niche situations or as a hobby, because why?
>>
>>1084644
>knowing who owes what to each other is still currency
Technically no, but it serves the same function. Actual currency also has the advantage of making it easier to use favours you've done for person a to get stuff from person b, though in small groups it's still usually easy enough to arrange things like this.
>>
>oil at a new low and forecasted to get lower
HURR DURR GOOD TIME TO BUY AMIRITE??
>>
>>1084580
>Create a large list of semi-related topics just so you can disguise your stealth bait for triggering gamers.

Here's your bump.
>>
>>1084981
To be fair vidya games are a huge time sink

but aren't all hobbies?
>>
>OP posts this every day yet you still reply
>>
>>1084580

The old man:

>Don't ever buy anything in the market son, I lost 20,000 in a mining company when I sent money to some broker, based on his recommendation.
>Plays the Lotto on a nearly daily basis for the last 25 years

I keep telling that even if he wins a jackpot, he will be poor within 12 months because of his poorfag spirit.
>>
>>1084580
Gotta love this super helpful copypasta

Thanks OP
>>
>>1085026
Another poorfag trait is letting your NEET son who talks shit about you on the internet live in your house.
>>
No one I know says that shit
>>
>Saving for retirement? Haha i don't plan to be alive that long.

lol got me
>>
well?
>>
>>1084580
>I cannot afford to put money into a 401k
My brother as he throws away an effective 5% raise due to available 401k contribution matching.
>>
>>1084586
>These are actually mostly accurate
Spoken like someone who lost their ass in the markets.
Tell us how much it was, anon.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.