[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: Ceo.png (264KB, 720x649px) Image search: [Google]
Ceo.png
264KB, 720x649px
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>1084530
>allowed
That implies it's something that could be changed by placing restrictions on something. This isn't true. It's only fixed by adding additional policies. This is the current natural equilibrium, not 50/50 representation.

I reckon in hte future that will become more like 70/30, but I could never imagine things being represented at any more than that considering the median man is probably a whole standard deviation bolder in teh business world than the median woman thanks to testosterone.
>>
>>1084530
"Allowed?" Most publicly traded companies have board of directors stacked with men, they want masculine leadership and want to scratch the backs of men that they have worked with. Thus, you have a patriarchal structure at the top of companies.
>>
All those companies hire hot women who are too stupid to threaten their positions, it's been going on forever.
>>
Yahoo has all the female executives.
>>
>Women have different interests and goals than men.
>"But muh grrl power."
>Women are far less likely to even simple business deals like haggling for starting wage or a fat raise.
"B-But we shouldn't have to have the same professional qualities men do! We should be seen as the same thing while not actually being anything near it!"

Also, the most powerful 'female' CEO is a man. How does this make you feel?
>>
File: 635610818733165134-ELLEN-PAO-2.jpg (627KB, 3200x1680px) Image search: [Google]
635610818733165134-ELLEN-PAO-2.jpg
627KB, 3200x1680px
lmaoooooooooooooooooooo
>>
File: img-marissamayer1_160141420863.jpg (2MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img-marissamayer1_160141420863.jpg
2MB, 1800x1200px
thank you for hiring me and paying me $117 million over 5 years

now i'm going to spend $1.1 billion fucking dollarydoos on Tumblr

whoops it's valuation is already down over $200 million

but hey im a women in tech girrrrrrrrrrrrrrl power
>>
Women have different interests than men, mostly. They overwhelmingly major in badly paying studies, whereas the best paying majors are filled with men. That's nobodies fault, it's just how people are.
I doubt there's some big global male conspiracy going on keeping women away from well paying jobs, fact is, men (on average) just work harder, for longer hours, network better, etc
>>
when OP posted why is this allowed, I honestly thought he meant, "why is CNN allowed to publish garbage op ed pieces like this"
>>
I heard somewhere that frankly its a closed network effect.
Successful people are successful
Rich white guys are successful
Who is likely to have a proven track record
Rich white guys, duh.
I want to be around successful people, I want to help successful people. Where do I find them.
Oh they're rich and white, better go be like them.

Not that I care, I'm rich and white.
Most melanin excessive people into business that I've met have several mental and behavioral challenges to overcome.

Women IMO have an extremely limited capacity for creativity, and men are all too glad to show them all the cool shit they do, so they never really flex that muscle. I've never met a high powered woman so I couldn't really tell you what's going through their head.
>>
>>1084530
>why does daddy government not give me free things instead of me having to compete fairly for them or build my own business

you disgust me.
>>
>>1084866
This is exactly what I thought. "Well OP, it's because the United States guarantees freedom of press so no matter how retarded or bullshit something is, it's perfectly legal and protected by Constitutional law."

PS young professional *women* from 22-28 make ~10% more than men of identical age and occupation. More women graduate high school, more women get accepted to college, more women go to college, and more women graduate from college. Anybody who thinks men are disproportionately advantaged in the workplace simply don't know how things really are. They're just unaware.
>>
public companies have shareholders who vote...
so this is actually the sexist shareholders fault
>>
File: womaninherplace.png (129KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
womaninherplace.png
129KB, 250x236px
>>1084530
When I was 16 there were no girls interested in nerdy things like RC planes and programming, you would have a hard time finding female friends if you mentioned these things. It is obvious why so few women develop a passion for STEM besides biology.

It is no secret why gender disparity still exists despite the enormous efforts to fight sexism. It is not due to sexism. Simple. Sexism is a minor factor at best and when it occurs there are many people ready to back up the victim and lawyers pushing for lawsuits. It is due to women's own attitudes, something mainstream feminists refuse to discuss since their audience is mostly women. The only time I have seen anything done about it is in trying to remove "gender roles" from toys, but this has more to do with homosexuals than encouraging women's interest in science and any habits they pick up as children will likely evaporate once they are teenagers and hormones kick in.

Liberals fought against raising girls to be housewives, but now the liberal establishment indoctrinates girls to be bimbos instead.

It should be allowed because it is an effect of liberal stupidity, no one should have to pay for their mistakes.
>>
>>1084530
Men still act as primary bread winners and value money and success more so that women when it really comes down to it.

Obviously theres a ton of other factors,
>working hours
>pregnancy leave
>Men tend to risk more which is a large part of business

Also i've read that most women from wealthy enough families are more likely to receive money from their parents which naturally decreases their financial independence.

That goes for both men and women, which is why its IMPERATIVE that you reject any financial help from parents unless you desperately have to.
>>
>>1084530
1) these numbers will be way off in the next 20 years, for better or worse.
2) Apparently it's politically incorrect to say thay women and men have different brains (on average obviously) which results in them having different careers.
>>
It's ok, currently 99.9% of all ethereum is owned by men.
>>
>>1085262
Naw bro traps aren't men. They prefer to be called non-gender specific.
>>
File: gw.jpg (51KB, 632x425px) Image search: [Google]
gw.jpg
51KB, 632x425px
>>1084565
and look at how well they are performing.
>>
File: triggersp.gif (318KB, 250x309px) Image search: [Google]
triggersp.gif
318KB, 250x309px
>>1084530
why does the media ONLY focus on the gender disparity of White collar jobs?

not once have i ever heard someone bitch about lack of women in the diesel mechanic field.
>>
Why don't these bitches change their major from wimminz studiez over to business and start their own fucking company, then? Why do they expect a man to GIVE them a job at the head of his company he made? Go out and earn it.

Just like it's always wimminz studiez and psych and art majors who bitch there aren't enough women in STEM. Well go fucking get an engineering degree then. They just whine and expect other people to hand them things. "Feminism" in action.

>>1084565

Isn't yahoo tanking after buying dumblr?
>>
>not starting a hedge fund that actively shorts all public companies with female leadership
>>
>>1085342
>not once have i ever heard someone bitch about lack of women in the diesel mechanic field
Or as roughnecks, welders, trash collection, construction, etc.

It's almost like women don't want to do manual labor.
>>
>>1084530
Because we live in a meritocracy
>>
The whole world isn't hyper-liberal America.

You think a company in the middle east or Asia will have many female execs never mind CEOs?

Women don't even want to be CEO, they want a cushy desk job with as little responsibility as possible. A job where they can spend all day on Facebook.
>>
Because you can't bullshit that a woman can do as good a job as a man, a man may care about his image in the morning and at night, but that's all a woman cares about.
>>
>>1085629
Would that 4chan could be capable of discussing the legitimate differences between men and women that SJWs reject without having robots and /pol/acks shouting off about how women are literally satan.
>>
File: hahaha-on-your-face.jpg (17KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha-on-your-face.jpg
17KB, 413x395px
>>1084565
>>
>>1084530
Because women in charge is risk and people don't want more risk than they need. Men have a proven track record of leadership. Women can barely lead themselves through life without the help of men.

I wouldn't hire a female to run my mail to the post office let alone run an entire business.
>>
>>1085431
im going to profit from this. ill post results on how this performs.
>>
>>1085738
I believe women can be competent, that competence is just rare in this society in which they're frequently coddled.
>>
>>1084530
Its absurd because it begs the question of why more women simply dont start their own god damn companies
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.