[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help on something that involved part ownership in something.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: h8h5fjmf[1].png (18KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
h8h5fjmf[1].png
18KB, 512x512px
I need help on something that involved part ownership in something.

Let's take the UFC as an example. For those of you have don't know what it is let's say that it's a sport organization that organizes fighting events.

I am wondering what an arrangement would look like in a fighting organization where every fighter who is currently fighting in the organization is part owner in the organization. The problem is what happens when a fighter leaves the organization or stops fighting completely.

The idea behind it is that the fighters put their health on the line but it is the large owners to take most of the benefits. So it would be more fair in my opinion if the fighters could get some of the profits.

Another similar example is the NFL. I don't know how exactly it works but i think they have some profit sharing scheme. All teams get some of the NFL profits. But in my organization instead of the teams sharing the profit it would be the players. The football players would be part owners in the NFL

So how could you deal with the fact that some players or fighters would leave after a few years. Would they be forced to sell their shares so they can be given to the new athletes? Or could you have a profit sharing plan in place without the participants being part owners?

I am not looking for a discussion like "the NFL does a good marketing job and it's sound capitalism to have a shareholders take all the money".
>>
>>1082981

you could have ownership updated yearly by number of fights
>>
Ownership by group is a stupid concept
>>
>>1082981
Just pay them a percentage of profit from each event.
>>
>>1083258
not so much stupid as it is ignorant

OP I think you should do far more research on the operation of sports leagues and franchises, then go back and ask yourself why this might not be a good idea
>>
>>1083500
I think this would be the easiest way. No need to do a bunch of paperwork for becoming part owner and then leaving when it's all over. Just put it in the contract that you get a percent of the profit.

Also, i meant the question in general terms. Not just about the UFC. I only used the UFC as an example becuase most people know what it is.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.