[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLM Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1385847058325.jpg (758KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1385847058325.jpg
758KB, 1920x1080px
What's up /biz/ ?
I quit a big MLM this week... I'm willing to answer some questions and discuss some opinions on it.

>never invested a dime in it
>made money without fucking people over
>i quit because these fucktards think they are entrepreneurs and run a legit business, which they don't
>i learned a LOT
>>
>>1082869
no one cares sorry mate :\
>>
>>1082879
Shame, the business model was very wel thought out.. i really wanted to have some opinions on it
>>
Fuck younique and arbonne. Why is my Facebook feed littered with these new mom's bragging about this shit. Bitches, you crazy if you think a moisturizer is worth 50 dollars
>>
>>1082887
Damn, those products are the worst ! Aloe Vera MLM's are the reason pyramide schemes are still a problem, you have to buy a starter pack in those companies...
They don't realise they are their own costumers
>>
Sounds like Amway breh
>>
How did you make money without screwing others over? The whole point of mlm is to build a new level of the pyramid. If you signed people up, then you screwed then over.
>>
What MLM was it? A big one around me is Visalus and that Beach Body shit. People are so fucking stupid I love it.
>>
Why would you ever join one
>>
>>1082887
i dont understand how MLM companies are able to adapt so quickly

arent people familiar with them being scams or hard to make money off of for the most part? why are they still so popular?
>>
>>1082956

Your average facebook tard has no idea what an MLM is or how it functions.

They just see pictures of cars and stacks of money on their feeds
>>
>>1082906
It's a brand that sells something and adds valua that way, you didn't have to pay to get in. So if someone wanted to start, why would i screw them over if i signed them up ? they could just leave and lose nothing.
>>1082936
its actually a multinational where a piece of the company is MLM, it's a legit business.
>>1082945
Free lessons in almost every aspect you need as an entrepreneur. ranging from time-management to persuading a client.
i really learned a lot of stuff that i would never learn at school.
>>1082956
>>1082960
And when it's too late and they do recognize one, they are already talked into accepting it.

I really don't hate MLM, as long as it adds value without needing to sign up new people
>>
>>1083278
>you didn't have to pay to get in
So it was lacking the most vital part of being a pyramid/MLM scheme.
Are you sure it wasn't just a business selling their product?
>>
All mlm schemes are doomed, even those which are not entirely based on signing people in. It's always the bonuses from singing more people in that attract interest, the profit margins when you're solely selling products are just too low. Eventually there are more people selling or interested in joining than actual product buyers.

Just face it.
>>
Mlms are scams. I hope they become illegal everywhere soon.
>>
>>1083288
see
>>1083289
it's still an MLM, because the upper levels made profits if there are more people working "under" them...

is it a bad business model ? no... it gets work done by people that work and the brand doesn't have to pay shit to people that don't do anything.
>>
>>1082956

Hope and greed.
>>
>>1082869
>never invested a dime in it
>made money without fucking people over
how, what did you do exactly

>in b4 you start shilling something
>>
>>1083320
it was a sales job, I sold actual products ( good products ).
>>
>>1082869

They all work the same don't they?

Some shitty ass overpriced product is a veneer for a pyramid scheme basically which relies on you recruiting people and getting them to recruit and pay you.
>>
>>1083352
true, yet the products are not in that way overpriced.
>>
File: 1368291336001.jpg (22KB, 450x449px) Image search: [Google]
1368291336001.jpg
22KB, 450x449px
>>1083360

Right, but the main focus is always the recruiting stream and selling "intro" packages.
>>
>>1083429
That's true in most of them, especially in those who don't add needed value... for example the aloe vera bull shit, its not something that has a lot of demand... they just create a crap hippie story around it to make people buy it and think they are better or more healthy than the average person...
Then you have those mlms that do sell value, for example telecom services and insurances... those mlm offer some great products and prices. They just rely on using the new recruits network to sell the products to. Is it wrong ? No. Is it a lazy way to create a target group ? Yes. Are you an entrepreneur ? Yes, but it's not a durable entreprise...
>>
Big time scamway member here. Making 6 figures from my "business" and enjoy the freedom that is my dream. Answering any questions.
>>
Almost got sucked into an MLM company just a few days ago. They never give you the details upfront and won't even do so even when you ask them. The company's logo isn't even displayed anywhere outside of the building. They keep saying that you'll know everything once you've join by first paying them a "background check" fee and coming to their important meetings. They use cheap tactics to encourage you to join, like getting pretty women to talk to you, inviting you to speak with the "CEO", etc. Everything is just smoke and mirrors. It wasn't until I researched the company online that I found out what it was really about.
>>
>>1084503
I never understand that people think they run a legit business when they have to lure people in...
There are some respectable MLMs out there, there are even more real pyramide schemes that scam you right away...
>>
I got hired at an insurance company not long a go. It's a small, local place but I was always suspicious of insurance sales.

After talking to other employees I find that it's salary (management confirms its around 28k/year starting) and works on a very tiny commission, maybe 5-10% and I will be working more on account collections and bookkeeping with sales as a side goal. My only concern is that I have to pay for my own license fee (limited life so no tests) and finger printing.

I'm still insecure about this job and don't know what warning signs to look for that I'm getting duped. Suggestions? I also got drug tested and they won't let me start working til my fingerprinting comes back clean
>>
>>1084603
Just look at what they have to offer you and what you have to invest.
For example: you have to pay a 100 dollars for a starter kit but you get something valueable ( the kit ), some basic lessons in sales and a nice pen.

Its just a hundred bucks man, try it and you'll see what you get from it.

If you have to invest 500dollars for a box of overpriced shampoo and you get no training or value in return... tell them to fuck right off
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.