[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im nor sure if anyone here is familiar with a plant called "kratom",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0604.jpg (186KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0604.jpg
186KB, 800x1200px
Im nor sure if anyone here is familiar with a plant called "kratom", but its this southeast asian tea leaf, related to the coffee plant, that gives you a nice opiate-like buzz. Its legal in the USA, aside from a couple of states that have banned it for god knows why. Theres dozens of sites selling it online in either small quantities of powder, or bulk by the kilo.

My question is this:
Im in southeast asia right now and will be traveling through some of the world's best kratom-growing regions in Malaysia. If I could find a quality local grower and convince him to ship kratom back to me in the US, could this be turned into a profitable business?
The online competition seems pretty pretty competitive. It might be possible to start selling locally at first to all the smokeshops in my area, but I imagine that wouldn't turn too big of a profit. One other thing thats kind of discouraging is that the legal status of this stuff in america is a grey area and basically the govt has the power to shut it down at any time and have been threatening to in many states.

Worth attempting it or no?
>>
>>1082688
The FDA will sieze it at the border, look up June, 9 2015.
>>
There's a huge market established already. Good luck seeing an operation through like that while touristing.
>>
Side effects associated with chronic kratom use include loss of appetite and weight loss, delayed ejaculation... SOLD!!

now to see if my work allows it
>>
>>1082766
It's entirely possible to get addicted to it, and going off it sounds pretty damn unpleasant.
>>
>>1082784
Its as addictive as coffee. Don't fall for the "omg its as bad as heroin!" media bullshitting.
>>
>>1082794
Coffee is extremely addictive. And kratom has worse withdrawal effects.

Betel nuts, kratom. These things are worse for you than cigarettes.

FUND IT
>>
>>1082804
Whatever you say man. Most of the research done on kratom concludes that it is generally harmless and with only slight withdrawal symptoms. I used to take kratom all the time, and withdraw was literally nonexistent.
>>
>>1082688
I do kratom for a year then quit. Had no withdrawl but this thread made me buy a kilo
>>
>>1082688
op there is already a worlds largest distribtutor some where out in south east asia

its called http://www.bikhuk.com/

you cannot compete with them, they are the walmart of the kratom world, you would have better chance at success if you make distributor deal with them
>>
>>1082814
>>1082857
Hows it feel compared to prescription opiates?
>>
>>1084011
A good cup of kratom tea feels like 15-20 mg of hydro, so about 2 Vicodin. I personally find it more pleasant of a buzz than pills. You get that nice warm fuzzy feeling, the awesome body high, and the mild euphoria, and it lasts for a good 4+ hours
>>
>>1084011
If you like opiates, you'll like kratom. The alkaloids in kratom act on the same opiate receptors in the brain so it feels very similar
>>
>>1084206
Fucking sweet. Thx. Getting that fo sho. I work labor and am constantly in pain but dont wanna be addicted to pills
>>
>>1083986
Thanks anon, Ill look into it
>>
>>1084216
I worked construction for 5 years, and the kratom really helps with pain. I had a cup of kratom tea every day instead of coffee and it made the workday so much fucking better. Much safer than prescription pills for sure. Good luck man
>>
File: 1449689320965.jpg (77KB, 653x590px) Image search: [Google]
1449689320965.jpg
77KB, 653x590px
Here in Canada some suppliers are having issues importing it

I'm high on kratom right now though feels good man
>>
>>1084225
Just got some from a local shop will take it and update when I get home

Im >>1084216 btw
>>
>>1085855
What kind did you get? post a pic of it?
>>
>>1085857
It's called Mayan and its in a capsule
>>
>>1082688
Buy ethereum
>>
>>1085864
The proper dose for capsules is usually 8-10 pills at once. Or, if you want them to kick in faster like i do, you empty all the pills out into a cup, add hot water, and make tea. The taste can be really bitter so you might want to add juice to it after
>>
>>1085886
So I bought 16 half gram capsules to try it out and if it works ill probably go back and buy the powder. She told me to start with 4 capsules and go from there since Im not trying to get high as balls.. Whats up with the millions of different types
>>
>>1085905
Yeah idk why theres so many types, but the best strains I've had are white vein and malaysian. The stuff sold at my local smokeshop is decent quality but Ive bought from kwikkratom.com and it was really good stuff. If you don't feel anything from those 4 pills after half an hour, take another 4. From personal experience, 4 pills isn't enough and you only really get the effects when you take 8+. Ive taken 15 before and while i did get hig has balls, it wasn't terrible and i could still function
>>
>>1085933
Is this something you can get on amazon? If so, what brand/ what product?
>>
>>1085952
Ive never bought off amazon, but you might be able to find it there. Like I said, I bought a kilo of powdered kratom from kwikkratom.com and Id recommend their stuff. The green strains are the best imo. When you're dealing with raw powder instead of the pill capsules, 1 heaping tablespoon is a good dose to make tea with
>>
>>1085933
>>1085956
Cool good info. I just took 3 like a bitch lol. Ill take more in a halfhour if nothing happens
>>
Legit one of the best things I've taken from this place. Able to not be completely decked after work from pain. Thanks OP and other anons ITT
>>
www.goodlookingloser.com

This guy sells it, along with other stuff...
>>
>>1082688
in Malaysia we call it ketum it's quite illegal but fairly easy to get.. Farmers and hard labours consumes it alot. pretty fucking cheap too.. try smuggling bits of it in tea bags lol i dont know im no smart guy
>>
Bump coz why not, might order some
>>
>>1086450
>try smuggling bits of it in tea bags lol i dont know im no smart guy
There should be a way to ship it legally without smuggling it. Theres a big market for this stuff so all thee companies are getting their product legally somehow. Maybe its legal to ship it from indonesia?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.