[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Website bullshit general... What the fuck should I write on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: geocities-thumb-570x342-122030.jpg (93KB, 570x342px) Image search: [Google]
geocities-thumb-570x342-122030.jpg
93KB, 570x342px
Website bullshit general...

What the fuck should I write on my crappy wordpress site for my consulting business? I can only list the stuff I do so many times.

Where do I get fucking pictures? How do I fucking pick pictures in this sea of grabage stock photography? I have a single product that I make and plan to sell, but it has very limited market appeal.

Where do I get a logo that isn't shit and isn't $100?
>>
1. Write articles on the easy parts of your consulting business. Shit people are googling for that is easy to do. Then of course, at the end of each article, recommend your own services that provide way more than the article described.

2. unsplash for some general stock photos.

Or go actually take pictures of people using your product. Call your family if you are desperate.

3. I know some people that do logos
>>
be careful on the stock photos. i had getty images sent me some legal extortion letter over it. they wanted over 3 grand for a single picture.
>>
File: geocities-izer.png (476KB, 901x732px) Image search: [Google]
geocities-izer.png
476KB, 901x732px
>>1081347
I will try to write some articles to fill out the site. But even the front page is difficult. There's only so much generic bullshit that I can write. I feel like SOMETHING needs to be there.

I have the camera and lighting gear needed to take good product shots. I'm mostly referring to filler stuff. I'm not sure whether my product should take center stage, as I mostly do engineering-related consulting.

Screenshots of Arduino/PLC/VB.NET code don't make for interesting content. Neither does some breadboarded crap I'm working on.

Do any of these people you know have sites? I've been on fiverr, and it seems like a scam. Everything is based on getting you in the door for <$10 and then upselling you to the $75-100 mark with the shit you actually want/need.

>>1081356
I would buy the photos.
>>
>Selling microniche products

You fucking pennypinchers, I swear. That's what Amazon is for.
>>
>>1081389
It's something I fabricate and assemble. I also provide engineering-related services (automation and design).
>>
>>1081391
Share a little info and I can help.
>>
>>1081415
I'm making an affordable copy of this product: http://www.hogsaddle.com/

Other stuff I do includes industrial automation/programming and prototype design.
>>
>>1081429
How's your website traffic?
>>
>>1081436
non-existent. I haven't done any work aside from buying a domain and setting up wordpress.
>>
Was making steak and eggs. Absolutely delicious.

>>1081437
It all depends on how much you have to spend. 99designs is a good place to get a logo made if you have a general "feel" for how you want it to look.

If you want to design your own website then start asking for help in >>>/g/wdg
otherwise just hire someone for 30-40 an hour that has a good portfolio.
>>
>>1081387

> Logo

How much are you looking to spend? What type of logo are you looking for?
>>
Fill in your keyword in Google Keyword Planner. See what other keywords are related to your keyword. Write new articles with those new keywords.

And don't waist your time/money on a logo, nobody cares. It's all about the content.
>>
>>1081776
$50? I already have a 3D rendered rough draft.

>>1081787
Logo and introduction. Would you spend money on a site that is just a base wordpress theme? I know I wouldn't. I'm also dealing with businesses that are spending actual money on my services... A level of professionalism is required.
>>
is it wise to put various things that have no relation to each other besides being things you want to make and sell on a personal website? example: say if i wanted to build grand pianos but then also did landscaping
>>
>>1081843
I have a personal site where I hose source code, applications, and projects I've made. It is separate from this one which serves my business venture(s).

I'm not sure that a product I have designed and made is unrelated to the design/development and automation services that I provide.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.