[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you thought you had a great idea >tfw you spent $1,300

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: Untitled.webm (468KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.webm
468KB, 720x480px
>tfw you thought you had a great idea
>tfw you spent $1,300 getting your idea started
>tfw you spend hours on end until you could finally get it right
>tfw you walk into RiteAid one day
>you glance over to your left
>see webm
I just realize I wasted time and money trying to perfect this one thing, but a fucking company so small as RiteAid made it possible like it was nothing...

Khaled was right..
>>
File: press.jpg (371KB, 1487x837px) Image search: [Google]
press.jpg
371KB, 1487x837px
If you don't get it, I was trying to make 3D iPhone cases (custom made).

No one was doing it when I started 2 years ago (except for this one company that stopped doing it after the iPhone 4).

I bought their old equipment, bought the software required, paid for new dies, practiced until I could finally get the effects to show.

Then all of a sudden, I find out RiteAid already has this option available on their website...

really? Really??
>>
File: 3Dsample.gif (423KB, 242x450px) Image search: [Google]
3Dsample.gif
423KB, 242x450px
>>1080663

It's called Lenticular Printing
>>
>>1080655
I don't really know what else to say other than I'm sorry man, that really sucks.
>>
>>1080655
What Khaled said?
>>
File: the app.png (355KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the app.png
355KB, 1920x1080px
>>1080674

Yea, was even planning on making an app and all...
>>
you tried
you failed
now try again
>>
>>1080655
Order one from them and make yours better. Its a giant corporation so by definition its probably shit. Kill them on quality.
>>
Do it anyway? Market in places that have not heard of RiteAid.
>>
>>1080682
That app could have potential though, I wouldn't stop.

Even if you fail again, it's a learning experience.
>>
>>1080668
I know the feels man. Put 1k into a website idea I had. Men's fashion based..... Found out two days ago there is a website with the same exact format....
>>
>>1080655
I remember that there were lenticular cases for the Nokia 3310, that was late 90's.
>>
still push it out
that's only rite aids? maybe they don't have their product in walgreens, or CVS, or walmart, or target...

does rite aid own 100% market share?
>>
>>1080689
yeah this. personally i never even knew something like this existed and there are probably millions of people across the country that have never heard of it either. people with kids and shit might like this to have cases with fancy prints of them and their kids.

you should still try putting some advertisements out and see what happens.
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (82KB, 800x434px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg
82KB, 800x434px
>>1080676
>>
>>1080655
Dude, you got some drive. That counts for a shit ton. As said before, try again. And dropping just over a K to try to get something started isn't too bad. Not like you have a 100k in debt trying to get some brick and mortar shit together.
>>
Bro approach the company with your equipment, app, etc. and see if they'll buy you out

Then come up with something new......or maybe that company will see value in your effort and hire you.
>>
You can still sell it you doofus.
>>
>>1080663
>>1080691
I too know those feels guys. I had this idea for a social networking site called Facebook but it turns out there was already a social networking site called MySpace that did it first so I gave up and applied at McDonalds.
>>
>>1080655
Then you compete with them?
what's the fucking problem
>i was going to make a company that makes burgers but really fast
>I'm gonna call it fast food
>oh whoops mcdonalds is a thing
yet mcdonalds isn't the only fast food ya dumbass
one other company ONE is competing with you and you're going to call it quits?
you should be so fucking lucky it's only ONE

now you make your thing and you out compete on cost, quality or simply marketing, make your product cool make people want it, i didn't know i could even get lenticular pictures on my phone case until this post, that says that company isn't making it it's thing, you can make this your thing and still make money
>>
>>1081089
This. Only retards get discouraged if their product idea already exists. Non-retards see it as evidence that there is a market for the product and focus on the marketing and either differentiation or reaching a wider audience than competitors.
>>
>>1080663
>>1080655
>>1080668
Nigga I had 3D tazos like this in 97.
>>
>>1080655
your biggest mistake was custom made
>>
>>1080694
RIte Aid is actually being bought out by CVS.
>>
File: Capture.png (275KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
275KB, 1919x1079px
OP here again, had to run some errands.

>>1080685
Already on my second idea, it's a service that might change the way we do things.

>>1080689
>>1080694
>>1080688
>>1081101
>>1081106
True, but the amount of work that goes into making just one print is insane. Also I'm now just finding out there are printers out there that can do the job and even cut if for me. Though they cost $20,000-$500,000.

Also there's already another company doing something similar called: GifPop.

>>1080692
>>1081139
But where they custom?

>>1081044
They have everything I have + more

Not saying I'm not doing it because of competition, but the amount of work that goes into it doesn't add up as of now. Also Etsy banned me for some dumb reason.

Thanks for the insights though
>>
How you dis dumb?

Didn't read the whole thread but here is some advice.

Everyone can be doing what your doing. Its all about who markets it will.

If fgt-aid is doing whatever you are doesnt mean you cant make money on it.

For example I had no idea fgt-aid had x product but now i know thanks to you. and if i wanted this thing i would buy it.
>>
Lol thanks for this thread guys.
I was working on an app and I thought it was original,
but a guy I talked to said he used similar software before.
After some research, I found out that I have 47 competitors, with
similar software and even similar business plans.
At first it was a letdown, but it's comforting to know that
other people saw value in the same things I did.
Anyways, I'm planning on making my
software better in new ways, to BTFO competition
>>
>>1080655
Just do it anyway, dude. That's neat enough to where people will buy it if you make whatever they want. Shit, even nerds on here would buy rare pepe 3d cases or whatever. You already spent the money on the equipment. It's doable.
>>
>>1081089
Ok ok you right. Might work on it some more when I establish my current one better.
>>
>>1080655
Make them and sell them anyway.

1. Not everyone is going to know this type of product exits.

2. Not everyone knows they want one of these until they see it.

3. The first person to show it to them when they are actually going to buy it wins.

Sell it online. People aren't going to order these custom shits at the store. Make sure you show up first for "3D iphone cover" google searches because that is what people are going to look for.
>>
>>1080663
>iPhone 6 die
>die

You wanna know how I already knew you weren't gonna make it?
>>
>>1080655
>>1080691

what is market research?
>>
>>1081623
>not a die
The word "die" is also a noun, meaning a "device for cutting or molding metal into a particular shape" or "an engraved device for stamping a design".

What else would it be called?
>>
Facebook wasn't the first social network
Google wasn't the first search engine
Microsoft wasn't the first pc
Apple didn't make the first iPhone

Get a good website and start cranking them out. Start online marketing and networking like a mother fucker. Be better than them and be unique. Find out extra stuff you can offer and offer it. Read trust me I'm lying to get a couple marketing ideas if you are drawing up blanks.
>>
>>1080663
This is why you research well before you invest.

It's just 1.3k right? So not much of a loss and you could still earn a bit.
>>
>>1081334
>Shit, even nerds on here would buy rare pepe 3d cases or whatever.
He's right you know.
>>
>>1080655
How much for a rare pepe 3d case?
How many can you produce per month?
>>
>lenticular printing
No. You need to be precise with this shit. I used to work with a startup company like this, and you HAD to be careful how you got your lenses, because this also meant reprinting the same piece over and over until it matched the lens.

You spend more money than it's worth and lose about 3x more profit. There's a few companies in Las Vegas that don't even update their website for this specific reason
>>
File: 1439860497016.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1439860497016.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>1082663

>Apple didn't make the first iPhone

please explain
>>
File: IMG_1613.jpg (698KB, 1959x1469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1613.jpg
698KB, 1959x1469px
OP here again, 3rd ID

>>1082768

Exactly, I know the many machinery out there that can shit these things out like nothing.

But even then, you would still have to align each of the customers individual photos (unless you could create a program to do that).
Even then, there's still room for error that could ruin an entire batch.

>yfw this box was full when I started running test
$70 down the drain

>>1081334
True, well it's out in the open if anyone wants to grab it. Plan on coming back to it one day if my other idea is successful and I have capital to spare.

>>1082763
$3.50 neetbux per piece
could probably get you 50< a month if I did it all in a day.
>>
File: 1310572247573.jpg (4KB, 212x251px) Image search: [Google]
1310572247573.jpg
4KB, 212x251px
first off

your dream isnt fucking dead you giant retard

if you can simply SELL the cases CHEAPER
THEN RITEAID...

are you really this inept? of course you ARE.. who the fuck spends 500 $ on a machine that doesn't even do a specialized feauture (it looks like a normal fucking press) ?

NEVER MIND THE MACHINE IS 345 ON SOMEONE ELSE WEBSITE WITH FREE SHIPPING

tut tut you didn't do your research.

sleep on it and look at your business critically you can salvage this but you need to get your shit together

it might be more effective to print pepe memes or whatever meme is hip now that guy from emporer's new groove seems too be this years hottest meme try printing that as it's very new and doesn't have any merch yet.

try again you need too give 120% right now you are at 60%
>>
I agree, its simple in writing
if you do it better/ cheaper or better and cheaper
youll win
>>
>>1081106
Not completely related but my buddy gave me advice for the opposite problem. I was not sure if there was a market for something I want to start selling since no one had done something similar. He said my problem was just anotherway of saying first to market.
>>
>>1080655

So you have a similar product, the fact you didn't know means it's still pretty obscure.

Just turn the marketing machine up to 100 and make the public that you're the ONLY 3d phone case maker; the others are pretenders.
>>
>>1082789
>$3.50 neetbux per piece
>could probably get you 50< a month if I did it all in a day.

even if you would make 100 a month you would just earn 350 $ with out calculating ur expenses...
you are doing something wrong...
>>
>>1081176
>Already on my second idea, it's a service that might change the way we do things.

Let me guess, you invented Uber? Or is it Tinder?

nigger, do your research BEFORE plunging into a business
>>
>>1082663
>Apple didn't make the first iPhone

Oh dear.

>>1082781

I think that he thinks every smart phone is an iPhone.
>>
>>1082781
Infogear iPhone
>>
>>1080655
>1300
Nigga if you had said 13k I would be sorry for you, but losing a 1300 dollars investment is almost nothing.
>>
File: Jake from statefarm.jpg (5KB, 265x200px) Image search: [Google]
Jake from statefarm.jpg
5KB, 265x200px
>>1082824

>Let me guess, you invented Uber? Or is it Tinder?

m-maybe it's a little of both...

>>1082819
>>
>>1082663
Follow this advice. I started an education company mainly to fill time/resume builder until I found a job. It's now my full time gig and we're in 4 counties across CA.

Everything we teach can be found online, yet we still make money. Just do it. People will buy it.
>>
>>1080655
you can still do it man, just because some little indian faggot started selling them in CVS doesn't mean you can't do it better than them, have better customer service, and better quality. Competition is good.
>>
>>1080655
>>1080663
why don't you just get an actual job instead of constantly fucking around with your retarded nigerian money making schemes?
>>
File: list.jpg (695KB, 1209x693px) Image search: [Google]
list.jpg
695KB, 1209x693px
>>1083479

Feel like most of you aren't even reading the thread, I'm not-not doing it because of competition. It's the work that goes into it that makes it impossible. This guy understands >>1082768

So as most said, I should have done more research than going into it headfirst.

>pic related
this is an example of what setting one up looks like, except there's over 1000 lines you have to align instead of 50 like in this picture. If you're off by one line, the entire thing fails.

Anyone is free to grab this if they want, heck I'll even send you my samples + copy of software. I'd like to see it completed, I'm just not going to put more time/money myself.
>>
>>1080663
The thought of having a single competitor stops you dead in your tracks? You weren't cut out for business.
>>
alright, this is hopeless
>>
Just buy ETH bro, get your money back.
>>
>>1080674

this.

Sorry OP.

I have had this happen before.

But I always Googled my idea to see if anyone else was making it before I got started.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.