[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food Packaging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: pop.jpg (9KB, 236x207px) Image search: [Google]
pop.jpg
9KB, 236x207px
This is a long shot, but does anyone here work for or have experience with a packaging supplier?

I am in the middle of creating a frozen food product and I am trying to figure out a sleek packaging design that will allow the contents to be easily removed without the chance of the product sticking to the inside.

I can obviously go with a poly bag like a Popsicle is contained in, but that is not modern and sleek enough. It is essentially a cylindrical piece of ice measuring 6" long and 2" in diameter. I have been in contact with silicone and glass bottling manufacturers through Alibaba, but I feel the cost may be too great. Plus, if I go with a glass bottle I will definitely need some kind of coating so the product does not freeze to the glass.

I was thinking some kind of thick (maybe 3mil) shrink wrap/vacuum seal poly bag may work but I'm not sure how that process works yet.
>>
You could just try calling a popsicle company and asking them how they do shit.

You'd be surprised.

Especially if you make some shit up, like its for a manufacturing course you are taking at college.
>>
>>1078380
why can't it be a wrapper similar to popsicles? Go to the store and buy the most expensive ice creams on sticks you can find, and you'll see that they are also in plastic wrap, that's probably for a reason.

So why does it have to be different for you?
>>
While we're on food packaging does anybody know a source for cellophane from wrapping candy that I can get custom sized/printed? Sounds easier to find than it is.
>>
>>1078380
it all depends on what kind of frozen food product it is? what is it? a little thing like a popsicle? a frozen chicken nugget? a frozen pizza? frozen water????
>>
>>1078797
It's a frozen water mixed flavorings
>>
>>1078890
I recognize those from YEARS ago, I don't know if they still have them in a lot of grocery stores now, but they were packaged in cylindrical cardboard containers (like you get Pillsbury dough in) with plastic stoppers on both ends. The inside was coated with a food safe coating that would stop the cylinder from leaking and sticking. I'd look into that, maybe.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.