[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are rich people (mil+) such dickheads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: 1409259916646.png (2MB, 990x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1409259916646.png
2MB, 990x1060px
Why are rich people (mil+) such dickheads?
>>
Because confirmation bias, evidently.

Why are all pot smokers dirty hippies who wear rainbow beanies?
>>
>>1076906
Because they're not.

You, in all likelihood have met little to no "rich people". The only ones you've seen are the ones on TV or on the internet - those ones are generally egotistical and assholes because they're playing a certain character OR because that's the type of person it attracts.

You've probably comes across tons of very "rich" people everyday, they just dress normally and act normally. That guy training at the gym quietly in normal-looking clothes? He could be a millionaire, so could any of them.

It's not like they'll be wearing a rolex and driving a Lamborghini, that's just showoffs.
>>
>specifying mil+.
>Implying $1 million qualifies as rich in the US now.
Maybe if you live in Iowa. Half the houses around here are over that.
>>
>>1076918
fuck you
>>1076926
suck my dick
>>1076932
lick my asshole
>>
>>1076943
You're the asshole.
>>
File: Batman.jpg (35KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
35KB, 480x480px
desu I have lived with pretty poor people and they can be massive jerks

>playing loud music as they drive in to the apartment complex at 3 in the morning
>leaving a dog out in the rain
>swore I heard domestic violence once
>take parking spot for three hours and leaves only when the tow truck comes and doesn't even bother apologizing
>>
>>1076906
People who wear their money are like this, which is a rather small portion of "rich" ($1m+) people
>>
>>1076906
More pics like that?
>>
>>1076932

Yeah, and their owners are mostly in crippling debt.
>>
>>1076906
why is OP such a faggot?
>>
That's simply a characteristic of the human psyche. If you're rich, you're almost always going to attribute it to yourself and conclude that this makes you better than non-rich people, despite that in 99 out of 100 times, becoming rich had to do with either pure dumb luck or cheating the system.
>>
>>1076918
This.

>>1076926
I'm rich myself and most rich people who became rich later - on (from rags to riches or by hard work) are normal people.

People who got rich or are rich while doing nothing for it are the assholes of society.

>>1076906
>>
I helped managed a unit complex on the Gold Coast and it was full of wannabe rich people that were being dragged down by debt. The top 4 units were actually full of successful entrepreneues and they were all down to earth and based.

The richest guy there looked like any other Aussie but he'd always come down with a coffee and Tim Tams and chat away with us, it was a real eye opener of the mentality that actually rich people seem to have. Very good communicators, very positive and friendly and the wannabes below them actually fit the stereotypes most people have of snobby rich guys.
>>
>>1076906
Great economic power, average responsibility.

Face it, you'd do the same thing.
>>
>>1077085
>in 99 out of 100 times, becoming rich had to do with either pure dumb luck or cheating the system
No. Most wealthy people (who didn't inherit it) got there through legitimate business practices and good decisions. You'd be pretty stupid to believe that all rich people cheated their way there
>>
>>1077085
>>If you're rich, you're almost always going to attribute it to yourself and conclude that this makes you better than non-rich people, despite that in 99 out of 100 times, becoming rich had to do with either pure dumb luck or cheating the system.

When did this become a "shit poorfags say" thread?
>>
>>1077085

>the 'luck' thing again

Everything is luck, you were born a neckbearded male and not the Japanese schoolgirl you wanted to be, which for you is unlucky.

Can you say someone who was born very business minded and charismatic eventually got rich by 'luck'? Sure, as long as you knowledge that EVERYTHING is luck, including your own fortune that you're not a AIDS starving niglet in Mozambique.

>cheating the system

You fail to see that most 'systems' do their best to prevent any of this shit happening. If someone was smart enough to cheat it, then that's just that.

Tell me, what's your super green ethical way of getting rich? Basketweaving? Yeah fuck off you'll stay poor forever.
>>
>>1076906
They aren't so much dickheads as they are extremely disconnected from the rest of society and reality
>>
>>1077432

The harder you try the luckier you get
>>
>>1076906
They are not.
They are years ahead of anyone here,smart as fuck and they know it.
>>
>>1077613
Pretty much this

I used to work at a heli-skiing lodge where most of our clients are millionaires. Most of them had earned it themselves and were nice as fuck and generally lovely people.

Some people are entitled cunts but that was usually new money or people who got lucky.
>>
File: 1454026533494.jpg (64KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1454026533494.jpg
64KB, 798x770px
>>1077432
NECKBEARD BTFO. muh luck. Muh entitlement.
>>
>>1077565

Yes, that helps too. By always trying hard you're eliminating the negative outcomes every day until you land the positive outcome.

>>1077667

Me BTFO or the fag who doesn't understand life that I replied to?
>>
>>1077677
The one who still thinks being rich = asshole.
>>
>>1076906

New money is human garbage. Old money however are fairly normal people.
>>
>>1076906
Depends what you do with the cash. It's not acquiring the income that's demonized (generally) but what you do with it. If you do a Bill Gates and give it mainly to charity and those who created your income (microsoft employees), you're a legend. If you become an "instagram millionaire" , ie someone who has money and wastes it, then you're admitting that polishing your vacuous materialistic ego is more important to you than helping others.

Being rich doesn't make you a dickhead, denying your duties towards others makes you one.
>>
>>1077565
that wouldn't be luck, that would be effort. Although I don't agree totally, I'd quote John Rawls to show his opinion on this matter:

"Even the desire to better oneself is determined by past outcomes"
>>
>>1077239
Honestly I've found this as well.

In my dealings with rich/well off Aussies, there seems to be a disconnect between having wealthy and being from "high society" (generally).

Go figure.
>>
>>1076906
It's mostly the ones who made the money through illegal means, inheritance or loopholes that are dicks. The rest are either normal people or normal people that have more money than you so you project your insecurities onto them.
>>
>>1076906
For someone reason, people tend to exhibit sociopathic tendencies when they're rich. Even if you make a poor person FEEL (through a game or something) as though they are rich, they will do the same thing.

http://www.livescience.com/18683-rich-people-lie-cheat-study.html
>>
I find those who worked for their money to nice and down to earth, tend to be skilled communicators.

Inherited wealth however, and I see a lot of out of touch people and sociopaths.
>>
>>1076985
You heard domestic violence once? Wow!
>>
All the rich people I've met (10 million+) are very generous and nice

all of the old money people or upper middle class people I've met are incredibly stingy and mean.

One is a group of producers who will always be okay and the other is just desperately holding on to what they have
>>
>>1078692
no no no

old money is full of elitist cunts
>>
>>1080261
>http://www.livescience.com/18683-rich-people-lie-cheat-study.html
holy shit that comment section is aids
>>
>>1077126

> are rich while doing nothing for it are the assholes of society

Can vouch for this first hand.

Try going from that back to rags.
>>
>>1077057
Which is my point. You literally have to be a millionaire just to live a middle-class lifestyle in the Bay Area or Long Island without being constantly in debt.

I make more money than OP probably will in the next 5 years, and I have to rent my house. My mother-in-law lives with us because we both work and can't afford a sitter.

But no, if OP knew what I make, he'd probably spit in my food.
>>
>>1081223
it's okay you can tell me.
>>
>>1076943

2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18
>>
>>1077085
>I work hard
>I get compensated for my hard work
>PURE LUCK
>>
>>1080363
This. Trust fund babies are a perfect example.
>>
>>1076943
WOW HAHAHAHAHA YOU REALLY GOT THEM THERE, ANON!
>>
>>1076943
you must be very rich
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.