[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any auditors here, how is busy season going so far, it fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (15KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 240x232px
Any auditors here, how is busy season going so far, it fucking 10 pm here and i won't be done till the crack of dawn.
>>
>>1076684
You internal or external?
>>
pretty good honestly, how far in are you
>>
>>1076689
Public accounting, Big 4
>>1076704
my client is being an ass, so about average
>>
>>1076684
Question for OP: I work as a bookkeeper for a large company, I manage their fixed assets.

I have no idea what I'm doing, I had no training, and I honestly am not experienced enough for this job.

We're being audited - how do I draw the last amount of attention to my shit so I don't create any red flags?
>>
>>1076783
If the company is already doing fraudulent shit, you being a basic book keeper wont mean shit, your job is gone either way, just dont cash somebody check through your own bank account, and unless you're embezzling money from the company you really shouldnt worry.
>>
>>1076783
Need more info. Is your company publicly traded? What is the nature of the audit? Big 4? How do you keep track of your FA and evidence retention? Do you use a financial system? Is there financial controls governing your department?
>>
>>1076795
It's a private company. It's just the annual audit, I guess it happens every year at this time.

There's no "fraud" going on, it's just sloppy as fuck. When I took over the job, a handful of the accounts were already out of balance. No one was there to train me - the man who had the job before me up and left. I inherited a mess and they pretty much said "here you go!"

So, a handful of the FA accounts were out of balance when I started. I didn't even know how to balance them because I didn't know what certain events in our system triggered the debits/credits to what accounts. Each month the amount they are off just snowballed more and more. When I present the issue to our controller he says "close enough!" and just makes an adjusting journal entry to balance.

It's just very sloppy and I'm worried I could be accountable. Which is sad because it is a really nice company I'm working for. The pay is great and the benefits are phenomenal.
>>
>>1076803
That not your job, that the controller job, if the company has been doing this shit for awhile and this happens annually something must be right for them to continuing so. Fixed assets is a tricky situation because of all the depreciation accounting magic going on, that could be my guess one why things look out of balance.
>>
>>1076803

In that case you're off the hook. If the controller is making the JE and signing off on it then that's his ass. The good thing is that you're not a public company so you don't have to worry about the SEC, and even if you did FA is not covered under Sarbanes Oxley so there would be no key controls to worry about in your department. Your controller should watch his ass though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.