[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here dgaf about "deadlines" at work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (50KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 446x362px
what does your boss say when you miss the deadline
>>
>>1073723

Unless my superior has given me a hard deadline, I really don't care if the people I manage bring it in a little late. However, some kind of excuse is always necessary and if it's something along the lines of "I've been tired lately" you're really only going to get away with that once or twice. Personally, I always take into account the task vs time allotted time given and assess if it's easy or something that someone will have to actually put effort into in order to be on time.

So I guess to answer your question, unless I specify it's a hard deadline, I won't care if it's accompanied by a reasonable excuse. However, if it becomes a pattern, and I mean like... more than twice then obviously you just look to fix the problem.
>>
File: 1323214925002.jpg (29KB, 333x477px) Image search: [Google]
1323214925002.jpg
29KB, 333x477px
>boss tries to get me to do bitch work
>makes up a bullshit deadline to get me to do it
>dont do it
>nothing happens
>>
>>1073723
I've never missed a deadline. You must be bad at your job
>>
>>1073723
I only accept reasonable deadlines (i.e when it's clear the task is business critical AND the time allotted is sufficient). In those cases my sense of personal responsibility nags me, so I am on time.
If it is a bullshit deadline, I counter with either: 1) I don't have the bandwidth to accommodate this task at present or 2) I can do X by -my deadline-
>>
>>1073879
>1) I don't have the bandwidth to accommodate this task at present or
>2) I can do X by -my deadline-
This desu. People respond surprisingly well to being told their deadline is unreasonable if you give them another deadline. Sometimes they argue it and insist it must be sooner in which case you can either go to your direct superior or a shared superior (however high up that may need to be) and present them with the valid reasons you can't get it done in the requested timeline including the any other higher priority projects you are working on. They may decide that some of your projects aren't as high of a priority and then you can adjust your timelines based on that.

Ultimately things aren't going to get done faster than you can possibly do them and intelligent people realize that. Make a reputation out of not BSing your time estimates and people will respect them.
>>
>>1073845
Jamal, McDonald's isn't really that important of a job.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.