[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there something I'm missing when thinking this isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Is there something I'm missing when thinking this isn't possible?

Apart from the risk of not being able to diversify your portfolio and bearing the risk of your investments heading south each week how is this not a bad idea?

With the right research and knowledge, say taking the to research a range of stocks that have the possibility of increasing 5% over the next week? It seems possible if you take the time to research each company and have the balls to risk it. It doesnt seem that impossible to find a stock that will rise 5% each given week and sure you may take some loses but this could be minimized by staying alert and dropping out of the investment before things get too bad right?
>>
Hard part is getting 5% compounded weekly every week for two years
>>
>>1071977
>It doesnt seem that impossible to find a stock that will rise 5% each given week
Then do it faggot. We'll all be worshipping you as a financial god, and you'll be the wealthiest man in the world.

(Or you'll inevitably fail, lose money, and stay a NEET poorfag. One of these alternative is quite likely.)
>>
If you started at 20 years old, by 40 years old you could own
$1,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

So why not?
>>
>>1071977
The simple way to refute this plan is by simply saying:

If you think a stock is going to go up 5% this week and are right - then professional investors with a lot more resources than you all over the world will already have anticipated it themselves and acted accordingly.

You, personally, will not beat the market. Especially to the degree you are suggesting.

Also brokerage fees etc. etc.
>>
See you all in two years.
>>
>>1072002
>Also brokerage fees etc. etc
$10 a hit. Ouch.
>>
You are overlooking the fact that you have to get it right every single time. One 20% drop and you'll be knocked bak several weeks. And if you see your 5% opportunity in a short, what are you going to do? Go short with your whole account? You just discovered the principle of compound interest, which is the ABC of investing, and you think you found the Graal. Hate to bring you down, but better that than ruining yourself.
>>
>>1072405
I think it's fair to say that if hedge fund managers with access to some of the brightest minds in the industry cannot outperform indexes in the modern day, this guy probably won't either.

Even if he's a sharp motherfucker (and who knows? Maybe he is?) there are marginal returns on investment.

>>1071977
The more you grow your starting capital the harder it becomes to offset all sorts of shit:

Taxes, lack of liquidity (imagine having enormous positions in a stock that you cannot liquidate for at least 60 days without crashing the stock), inflation, and everyone wants a piece of your wealth too, from gibs to politicians, to judges.

You need to hire legal counsel. You need to grease the right hands and line the right pockets.

You can probably do alright for yourself early on, but when you hit a Bill Gates/Warren Buffet/George Soros type level, good fucking luck m8.
>>
>>1071977
Yeh man go for it. 5% gains a week? Super easy and realistic
>>
>>1072028
why don't you just trade cryptos? Everyone gives them a bad rap, but many can easily move 5% per day, the fees are extremely low, and it's unregulated right now.
>>
Or you could have a diversified portfolio of ETFs making an annual return of ~7%, making additional monthly investments of $1000, and be a millionaire in less than 30 years.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.