[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Courier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: vic.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
vic.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
I want to be a freelance courier. Basically I want to go on long relaxing drives and get paid for it. Do I have a chance? I can't find anything on craigslist. Does the job even exist? I have a reliable car and a chauffeur's license.
>>
Work for uber, but just use it as a platform to give out your business card.

Then drive private for cash.
>>
>>1071780
This doesnt sound half bad...
>>
>>1071786
Yeah it can be really good.

Just be a nice trustworty guy and keep selling your services.

Eventually you'll get a few guys with money who need a courier/driver several times a week, and then your making several hundred a week in cash. Cause you can help with all kinds of stuff, getting their laundry, groceries, etc
>>
>>1071780

Unfortunately, my car is too old for Uber. You need to have a 2000 or newer. Mine (in the OP) is a '99.

Sounds like a great idea though.
>>
>>1071777
>long relaxing drives

become trucker
>>
people need rides/things delivered. they just don't know you exist. market yourself in the local community.

there are alternatives to uber by the way, and there are courier apps as well.
>>
>>1071899

Except being a trucker is stressful.
>>
>>1071847
Sweet ride, every drive is long and relaxing in a crown vic.

I'm interested as well, but the only apps im finding for this sort of stuff are for Europe.
I need an American Uber, but for parcels, and with no schedule.
>>
>>1071847
you could always lie... If I had a fun thing to do like that I'd get a 4 door sports car to have fun while driving.
>>
>>1073193
Are there really no courier networks you can join in the US? We have loads in England. Maybe america is not the business paradise ive been led to believe it is by hollywood movies
>>
Dead trade. Email and certified mail, shitters.
>>
What would you courier (other than drugs and humans), that FedEx and UPS can't do better, faster and cheaper?
>>
>>1073405

Ive heard of medical supplies or something like that needing quick transport. Even UPS can't go straight from pickup to destination.

I have a friend who used to shuttle veterinary samples from one city to another about 2 hours away. They provided him with a car, though.

I still don't really know how it works.
>>
>>1071847

This. I'm not getting some Prius lease for Uber simply because my vehicles' age starts with 19.
>>
>>1073493
I forgot about medical. Most nonperishable packages can wait for overnight delivery, but biological samples and drugs cannot. I suppose rock star couriers are the guys who transport organs across country.
>>
>>1071777
You need to find a courier company to contract with. Its more of a pain in the ass than you think. I did it for a couple years as a second income. I would pick up at 1 am 6 days a week and deliver drugs to nursing homes. 200 miles for about $100/night. Good thing is you can write off your miles on taxes so it ends up aa negative income. I needed one saturday night off after 2 years and they wouldnt give it to me. I said I wont be here..they said then dont be here monday. So I found a night job starting that monday. Guess who was frantically calling me at 130 monday.
>>
>>1071780
>use it as a platform to give out your business card.

I feel like this violates Uber's TOS and could get you blacklisted if they found out
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.