[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

populat scams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1454146522321.png (334KB, 632x413px) Image search: [Google]
1454146522321.png
334KB, 632x413px
The free market lets a lot of shit slide right now. I used to buy papa johns pizza under the asumption that the ingrediants ere better. Turns out that they put the cheapest shit possible in their food but still charge twice as much as little ceasers, and theyjust count on people like me being fucking retarded and beleiving their adds.

That being said, what are some other scams that arent perecuted for some reason? Primerica comes to mind.
>>
>>1069206
Why is this a "scam"?

You willingly bought it. It's called marketing, news flash buddo: 90% of the most popular products aren't all that much superior to their (often much cheaper) competition.

iPhones cost much more than many other phones yet I'd be hardpressed to find iPhone hardware beating any of them.
>>
>>1069206
A: If you think Papa John doesnt make a better pizza than Little Ceasar, put the pipe down
>or
B: Dont fucking buy it

Go take this shitty thread and circle jerk it on r/feelthebern. /biz/ is a jewish board that sees through your lies
>>
>>1069261
>>1069277
Actually OP is onto something. Basically all of what they teach you in business school is how to avoid competition, whether it's by branding or market segmentation, or whatever. The whole point is to not compete with the other guy with the superiority of your product.

So in that sense capitalism != a free and competitive market. We're trapped in a local maximum.
>>
>>1069323
Op is not onto something.
Except maybe weed.

It isn't the quality of the ingrediants that influences the final result in the case of fast food, but how many additives you stick in, the shelf life, the sauces, and finally the opinion based taste.

I think papa johns tastes better, and that is kind of what I am looking for.
>>
>>1069332
Marketing obviously plays a huge role that OP is ignoring.

Apple iPhones are not any better than lets say Google Nexus 5(or whatever the new one is), in fact logically the nexus 5 should far outsell iPhones because it's cheaper, comes unlocked and has great hardware.

And yet it doesn't.
>>
>>1069353
Thats because the nexus 5 is a cheap piece of shit compared to an iphone.

Iphones are objectively just a better piece of hardware. You're deluding yourself android faggot
>>
>>1069332
>quality of ingredients doesn't affect fast food
Wot?
>>
File: well.png (96KB, 809x961px) Image search: [Google]
well.png
96KB, 809x961px
>>1069358
>Thats because the nexus 5 is a cheap piece of shit compared to an iphone.

But this is not true.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6378&idPhone2=5705

Pic related. Tell them apart, which is which?
>>
>>1069358
>>1069370
In fact the Nexus 5 BTFOs it.

>twice as much RAM
>Much better processor
>Nearly everything else is identical(weight, size, etc is literally equal except by a millimeter or two)

Only camera is a little bit better.
>>
>>1069206
LifeLock is a big scam. If you get your identity stolen or someone makes a bunch of fraudulent transactions on your account, they literally do nothing. If you read all the fine print you'll see the most they will do is notify you that your identity has been conpromised and that's it.
>>
>>1069370
Nexus on the right. It was released a whole year before Apple made something that could compete on specs.
>>
>>1069378
And yet if you look at the pricetags Apple iPhones are much more expensive and Apple is doing far better in sales.

Also I got fucking trolled by this meme company

>TFW I bought Nexus 4
>Tfw they reduce the price a few months later by $100 and discontinue Nexus 4 and release Nexus 4

Fuck my life up senpai
>>
>>1069206
>what are some other scams
Given the deregulation since the late 70s, everything is basically a scam with no real oversight on maintaining standards.
>>
>>1069332
>the chemical quality doesnt matter
Ill carry your legacy o 30 years from now anon.

Also they advertise as using better ingrediants.
>>
>>1069359
it's VASTLY overrated.

whether you take a $50 steak or a pount of $5 beef scraps - once made into a burger, 95% of people can't tell the difference anymore.
>>
>>1069261
You lie about your product and it's not a scam? On what fucking planet? Randtopia?
>>
>>1070473
It's not a lie, you mong.

"Better ingredients, better pizza. Papa John's." is different than coming out and saying, "Our ingredients are better than Pizza Hut's." Besides, the difference in quality is qualitative, not quantitative. Better isn't something you can measure with a simple metric. I think Fruity Dino-Bites taste better than Fruity Pebbles, but they cost less.

Believe me, if they could find a quantitative difference that was associated with quality, they'd use it. If marketing can find a single metric and harp on it, they will. That's why everyone wants 4k TV's now despite the fact that the resolution is useless for 99% of people. The number is bigger and therefore better.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.