[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ogre?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: amzn.png (25KB, 542x445px) Image search: [Google]
amzn.png
25KB, 542x445px
Is it ogre?
>>
Good time to buy?
>>
>>1066880
great time to buy

this is the first time amazon has actually missed earnings so investors are spooked. It's not a big miss though, and most of their numbers are still phenomenal. Prime memberships continue to sell like crazy, and AWS is operating with insanely good margins

it's only going to go up
>>
>>1066877

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>1066877

>P/E ratio 921.65

Wew. I knew it was high, but holy shit.
>>
>>1066931
'murrica
>>
I can't even afford one share!
>>
>>1066932

Not 'murrica, just the tech bubble. Netflix has a P/E ratio of over 300, and twitter doesn't have one at all because it's loss-making. I'm deeply skeptical.
>>
>>1066972
a high or a non-existent/negative P/E ratio could be justified for manufacturing companies that are just getting started and are expected to see a huge growth in sales and profits. but these software and e-commerce companies which have already been established... it's ridiculous. like spotify are looking to raise 500 million dollars from investors. they already have a 45% market share and are operating at a huge loss, it's fucking pathetic. what they're doing isn't exactly rocket science either. i will probably never invest in anything that's primarily software-based because i'm a software developer myself and i can tell you that most people are very bad at making software and even if they were good at it then it's still easy for competitors to copy it. just the fact that spotify forces you to listen to songs through their shit filter with no option of turning it off is enough for me to not use their service let alone invest in their company.
>>
>>1066886
Can you or anyone tell me how to buy stock?
>>
>>1066936
>/biz/
>>
>>1067202
also,
>/biz/
>>
I bought 10 stocks. It´s going good.
>>
>>1067198
>just the fact that spotify forces you to listen to songs through their shit filter with no option of turning it off
I don't use Spotify but I'm curious, what filter are you talking about?
>>
>>1067227
they modify the songs so that they are equal in volume... which wouldn't be too much of a problem if they weren't equally as LOUD which is a no-no if you care about audio fidelity as the loudness introduces distortion due to the limited dynamic range of digital sound. deezer is even worse at this, like compared to google play music (which i might actually end up paying for, although they have far worse automatically generated music playlists) you will have to turn the volume down quite a bit on spotify and deezer to get the same perceived volume as on google play music or with plain music files.
>>
>>1066886
>company whose entire value is built on future expectations misses expectations
yes great buy uncle warren /s
>>
>>1067233
>this is somehow a flaw in the business plan
>>
File: amazon.jpg (32KB, 315x562px) Image search: [Google]
amazon.jpg
32KB, 315x562px
I don't get it. From my understanding, Amazon is one of, if not THE, only retail entity doing well in America.
>>
>>1067238

Seriously this

Amazon has already stated that they give zero fucks about their losses.

Their goal is be a total monopoly and to even put Walmart out of business.

They want to be the only place you buy every product in your life, including your groceries, and they'll even deliver it to you same day via drones.
>>
>>1066931
I cannot fathom how retards buy meme hype stocks like these. Literally put your money in a slot machine, less risky.
>>
>>1067730
obviously if your only product is shit then something is flawed

they used to have a setting to turn it on/off but they removed that features like years ago

i would consider subscribing to spotify premium if they restored this feature but nope they sure seem to like bleeding money and the execs don't give a shit because they get ludicrously rich regardless of what happens
>>
>>1067749
>P/E ratio 921.65
if you bought the entirety of amazon then at this rate it would take almost a millennium for it to pay for itself
>>
http://investorplace.com/2015/11/amazon-com-inc-netflix-nflx/

lmfao just because it has a lower forward P/E ratio than fucking netflix doesn't mean it's a good investment

look at fingerprint cards for a better comparison. it has a forward P/E ratio of around 10-12 and it's extremely likely to grow high percentages (not thousands of percent but tens or hundreds of percent) in the upcoming years. synaptics which is a murrican competitor to fingerprint has around the same forward P/E (off the top of my head) but the difference is that synaptics is shrinking (due to losing customers to fingerprint) and fingerprint is growing like crazy due to having the superior technology, patents, performance and price per performance.
>>
>>1068622
actually it could 1000%+ within the next few years, i meant tens or hundreds of percent in YoY percentage growth
>>
>>1066877
THE DUMP HAS BEGUN

IT'S HAPPENING

SHORT SELL AND RIDE THAT NUKE ALL THE WAY TO THE EARTH
>>
>“The stock is up 375x since the IPO in 1997 and the company continues doing what it has been doing from the beginning — driving growth and market share to maximize long-term operating profit and free cash flow dollars,” said Stifel analyst Scott Devitt, who has a buy rating and $750 price target on the stock. “Should we now start debating whether it is over this time or just buy the dip and move on to more legitimate debates?”
nice argument scott lmao wtf
>>
you're generally better off doing the exact opposite of what the analysts tell you. that all the analysts and brokerages are bullish should be a warning sign and an indicator that the stock is overbought.
>>
>>1067202
you go to one of the big stock market companies on the net
set up an account
depending on which stock market company, you may have to deposit some initial funds or connect a checking account
sometimes they wave the fee for a while, but expect around 7.95 per stock trade/purchase eventually.
>>
>>1068015
That really doesn't mean much as a stand alone. They could have a shit ton of assets that you're counting as "paying back".
>>
>>1066877
Honestly it boggles my mind that amazon is still allowed in the S P 500
>>
>>1069366
>$7.95
Holy fuck, I would be paying more in fees than I would for my actual trade.

Fuck that
>>
>>1069366

Interactive Brokers has a trading price significantly lower than that.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.