[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ You of all boards will be able to give me some well-rounded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: ddddddd.jpg (75KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
ddddddd.jpg
75KB, 894x894px
/biz/

You of all boards will be able to give me some well-rounded advice.

I have potential to begin a pizza delivery job on $16 an hour.

I am aware that this will take its toll on my car, but I am in desperate need of a job as I am due to start university in one month.

I have ZERO work experience and this opportunity might be the only one I get in a long time.

Should I take the job for the simple reason of gaining experience in a workplace?

Thanks
>>
>>1066509
Yes
>>
The experience will be pretty useless. The only redeeming value in this is a bit of cash and maybe some work ethic/tendency to keep busy
>>
>>1066519
I disagree, resume padding is always a good thing when the other kids don't have that much.
>>
$16/hr for pizza delivery is a high wage.

Take it.

It's an easy fun job, and you'll occasionally run across the hot women who get their kicks out of flashing you.

One tip though... get a spare set of keys for your car, and leave it running as you go to the door. (lock it first, which is why you want spare keys).

The biggest wear and tear on your car from pizza delivery is the starting the car over and over again.
>>
>>1066532
Fair enough

>>1066533
>remove starter
>disassemble
>clean shmoo with electrical contact cleaner
>reinstall
>>
>>1066509
every mile on your car is going to cost roughly 50 cents in maintenance, but yeh if it gets you through the degree then its probably worth the value of your (presumed) beater

also if they 1099 you then use the mileage as a writeoff not the gas, you'll get more that way (but you can do one or the other plus home office and a few other deductions as well)
>>
>>1066532
yeh but its pizza delivery, he could just lie about that, no ones gonna check that reference unless his dream job is like fedex delivery man
>>
>>1066533
Thanks for that tip.

My goal is to be working through university.

Three years from now I hope to be qualified to find work as a registered nurse.
>>
>>1066542
The wear is going to be on the internal engine components. When you start an engine it starts with no oil pressure, in between cranking and running is a short period of no lubrication which causes excessive wear compared to continuous idling.
>>
>>1066549
This.

Literally just lie if you just need experience. No one will care or check.
>>
>>1066509
I don't get it. Why wouldn't you take the job? Guaranteed revenue vs none

Is your car brand new or something?
>>
Pizza is a fun job, whether inside or as a driver.

As a driver...

You're outside of the shop most of the time, so you're on your own.

The tips are pretty good, especially when its snowing or on certain key days (day before thanksgiving, super bowl sunday).

The women who work in the pizza business are usually fun loving and a large percentage of them are hot.

You get your paycheck, but you also walk away with cash every night.

You get to eat lots of free pizza (depending on the company).

everyone should work pizza at least once in their youth.
>>
>>1066567
I understand this point but I seek experience for myself. I don't yet know how to be a worker.

My only job has been 3 months as a kitchen hand last year - from which I got laid off because I was falling behind.

I lied about having experience to get that job.
>>
>>1066581
Working inside is like hell though.

Only benefit is in most places you get a percentage of tips(which I'm sure servers jew you for) and it's not that much but a decent lil bonus and free food(if not free you can just take it desu)
>>
>$16/ hr delivering pizzas

Nigger where is this?
>>
>>1066582
Do it then. No reason not to.

Just quit in a month or whenever if you hate it. No one will be mad because people quit every day.
>>
Delivering pizza was one of the best jobs I've ever had. I am an accountant now and make loads more money but I was at least happy delivering pizzas. Like others said you are out of the shop most of the time which is great and you typically get free food. Every now and then I would deliver to some people who were high and was able to smoke with them real quick. People love the pizza guy. Also pro tip for you. Take an order from the customer tell them the total over the phone then after you hang up apply a random coupon to it so you get to also pocket the difference as an additional tip. Make sure to not do this for hotel deliveries as they're usually traveling on business and will require a receipt which would show the lower total. Fuckin loved that job.
>>
>>1066643
>tfw no car or else would become pizza delivery driver

Fuck senpai I want to experience this.
>>
>>1066624

In the pizza business, the inside help don't get any of the tips (at least at the three large companies I was with), It's every driver for themselves.
>>
>>1066643

I spent 10 years as a manager and area manager for Little Caesars, Papa Johns and Domino's. Also had to drive occasionally when we were short staffed.

It's a not-talked-about fact that drivers are almost pot heads. As long as they don't smell like skunk, don't do it in the store, and never ever get busted while in uniform or on the clock, there's nothing that can really be done to stop it.

Like you, my pizza years are my happiest of early jobs.
>>
>>1066724
>In the pizza business, the inside help don't get any of the tips (at least at the three large companies I was with)

In my experience(at some places at least) they take a percentage of the total tips the server's earn and divide it by the kitchen staff for the shift. - Not for delivery drivers tho
>>
And as I said earlier, it's amazing all the stories you walk away with.

For example....

Deliver to a hotel. Knock on the door, hear some movement, dude comes to the door wet with a robe on.

In the background is his girlfriend, peeking around the corner nude and covered with bubbles. Totally unaware (or probably totally aware) that thee was a mirror behind her and she was giving a full shot of herself.

Or when there was heavy snow. You drive a piece of shit car, and you have to be out there, so it's actually kind of fun. And people tip you like crazy because they don't have to go out for food.

Or the pizza girls. Like I said earlier, there's something about the pizza girls.
>>
>>1066519
disagree, I started as a delivery driver and ended up with experience in all aspects of the store including management, which looks nice on my resume.
>>
>>1066749

At dominos at least, the best way was to be a high ranking assistant manger at a low volume store.

Because it's low volume, you can't keep regular drivers. So... you're on salary, but you still wind up having to deliver, so you clean up.
>>
>>1066756
That's sorta how I ended up in other roles - just working in-between deliveries, doing settlement at the end of the night with the boss etc.

I have some crazy stories too. I delivered in a low socioeconomic area and the amount of propositions I got from both males and females was ridiculous. Got asked to stay at lots of parties too. It's interesting if only for the life experience.
>>
>>1066759
>I delivered in a low socioeconomic area and the amount of propositions I got from both males and females was ridiculous. Got asked to stay at lots of parties too. It's interesting if only for the life experience.

>Tfw have not gotten invited to any parties in years and still hopeless virgin

Fuck senpai. Did you at least bang one of them? baka why do i even lie anymore
>>
>>1066760
even live*
>>
>>1066759

True story.... While with <Company X>, I worked at a store that was split equally between very rich and very poor.

The VP comes into the store one night while on tour, and sees a section of our map with red and black lines through it.

What's that? he asks. We don't deliver in that area, says I.

Why not? he asks.... Because it's the roach motel, drives go in but they don't come out, I reply.

(note... it was the projects, and there was only one road in and out)

Ha... that's not fair. All you need to do is run to and from your car and it's no problem.

As luck would have it, an order started to come in from the projects, and he insists that I take it.

I do. I then put the order in a bag, hand it to him and tell him to deliver it.

Off he trots with the pizza like he's super driver. About 20 minutes later he comes back, with the pizza, and crosses it off the order form.

Seems he figured out that we weren't all a bunch of fuck ups and actually knew what we were talking about.
>>
Oh, pizza delivery in the US earns 16$/hour, I see. So you finish your school, get a degree in the university, work as hard as you can, still earn less than a fucking pizza delivery boy in the US.

10/10 would kill myself
>>
>>1066776
And they say the US isn't the greatest country in the world...
>>
I enjoyed it when I did it at Domino's. There was usually leftover food that people didn't pick up and I would take it at the end of the night and show up at a party or something. Also 95% of the customers are happy to see you and weren't assholes.

Just don't be one of those guys that gets pissed off when someone doesn't give a tip. Unless they don't tip and are douchebags, then fuck them and remember the address.
>>
>>1066509
Fuck tipping
>>
I used to deliver for an independently owned Chicago-style pizzeria a little over 10 years ago. I made minimum wage + tips, which back then was $5.15/hr in my state.

I still remember most of my positive experiences with customers. The lady who gave me a $15 tip just because. The young girls who were home alone and their mom told them they needed to tip the driver so they awkwardly gave me a handful of quarters because that's all they had. The one guy who tipped me a beer and let me chill with him for a few minutes (I was 16 years old so that was pretty cool).

I also remember the negative experiences. Like the old man who's dog was barking at me, and I watched him open-hand slap his dog.

There was one woman who's total was $29.37. She hands me 37 cents, and then a wad of bills and says "and here's $35". I said thanks, walked back to my car, counted it, and it was only $29. She paid the full amount, to the penny, and lied about giving me a tip. It left a very sour taste in my mouth someone would be so conniving and dishonest like that.

Overall though, it's a great opportunity. You get to interact with a lot of people each night, so if you're awkward it will help you become more sociable and confident in your social skills. You also get to be in your car most of the time (away from your boss and co-workers) and you can blast music through your iPod.
>>
>>1066833
Oh fuck you, too.

I tip because I use to have to deliver pizza as a second job so I could buy blood pressure medicine for my 15 year old diabetic son. If it wasn't for the kindness of strangers and their small tips it would have been a rough time for us. The nicest people would tip about $5.00 or more not because they were stupid but because they probably had seen hard times too and it was their way of giving a helping hand; not a hand out. Many of the drivers I worked with desperately needed money for some sad reason or another and pizza delivery helped achieve that. Times change and I'm much better off now financially but when I order a pizza I always tip the driver getting it to me hot and fresh.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.