[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me how it is possible that such a shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: wat tbh.png (31KB, 584x538px) Image search: [Google]
wat tbh.png
31KB, 584x538px
Can someone explain to me how it is possible that such a shitty company has had such huge gains?

>Tfw didn't buy this shit 5 years ago

fuck my life up desu.
>>
>>1066061

Have you reviewed their financial statements to see what their cash flow looks like?

Anyway, I'd say Dollar Stores are not quite counter-cyclical but are damn near recession proof and I'd assume the market is predicting a bit of a downturn which would be to Dollarama's benefit.
>>
>>1066069
I have not.

I just remember someone mentioning it in a thread on /biz/ then I little later I looked it up for shits and giggles and it has grown that much...

I don't get it. It's a shithole, how can a dollarstore that barely has any customers and is making such little margins be SO successful?
>>
>>1066073

I haven't been in a dollar store for like a decade. But the shit they sell is literally bottom of the barrel stuff yet there are plenty people that buy it. Plus I think they're mostly in low income areas with low rent expense and ample supply of cheap labor.
>>
>>1066075
I've bought some chocolate bars there desu because of how cheap it is compared to convenience stores but they're literally always deformed in some way(physically), probably stale too.

I don't understand why anybody would buy things there, I mean I could understand buying office supplies, pens and pads of paper are pens and pads of paper anywhere, although how much could they really sell of that desu.

How the fuck do they obtain the items anyway? Do they just buy expired shit off other companies? - This surely does not seem legal.

After paying employees and other overhead costs with such a slim margin they have got to be getting this shit for free by the truckload or something.
>>
Lost my post. I like this place because its easy to shop, they sell small quantities and they carry some decent stuff like glass food storage containers, brand name cleaning supplies and products, and office supplies. Replaced wal Mart almost entirely for me
>>
>>1066117
>He thinks they're not counterfeit and literally harmful for you

Why would they sell brand name things and other reasonable quality goods if every other store sells it for significantly more?

Their business model is impossible unless they're literally selling things they get for close to free.
>>
>>1066075

There are a ton of dollar stores in my city.

The stuff is bottom of the barrel chinese shit, but it's the same cheap chinese stuff sold Walmart and other mid tier stores, but for lower margins.

Dollar stores are god tier for snacks and common kitchen things.

>>1066082

Absolute massive bulk purchases for all of their stores and very thin margins. They make all of their money with the sheer volume they sell.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.