[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many wagecucks on /biz/? I thought we were better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

Why are there so many wagecucks on /biz/? I thought we were better than that.

I'm dissapointed every time I see a thread like "what's the best university major" or "resume thread." Why do you people enjoy being put in chains?
>>
>>1065696
t. NEET
>>
>>1065700
I'm actually in college, but only temporarily.
>>
>>1065714
Why go at all then?
>>
feel the beeeeeern amirite op my fellow cocksucker
>>
>>1065696
Because not everyone wants to start their own business and become warren buffet overnight?

Tell us what we are supposed to do. What kind of business should I have? How do you work for yourself?

The reason is not because people are stupid, it is just that we don't know how.
>>
>>1065700
>the only choice is wagecuck or neet

Have you thought that maybe thats why you are a wagecuck wagecuck?
>>
>>1065714
Fucking psych major, prolly.

>we're only anywhere temporarily, yet everywhere always.
>>
>>1065893
Didn't say those are the only two choices but the people who generally call others "wagecucks" on 4chan are almost exclusively NEETs.
>>
File: 1454009411456.jpg (553KB, 1496x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1454009411456.jpg
553KB, 1496x1432px
>>1065696
>>
>>1065951
I think being a wagecuck is legit if you have nothing better to do and just want to get out once in awhile.

I myself try and find positions with the most minimal amount of responsibility, the most freedumb and preferably working with some nice looking coworkers. Working with an incompetent manager or "boss" is most intolerable and solved by quitting.

In fact this is the number one reason people quit jobs and why they pay managers so much money, to basically not annoy the workers into quitting while wielding the carrot and stick to maximum efficiency. You can actually learn a lot about life from a good manager.
>>
>>1065951
Im not faggot. Im a self made businessman and im sick of seeing you wagecucks shitting up /biz/ with your little "check my CV for me" posts.

I had to write a CV ONCE in my life and I got a job. And I havent had to apply for a job in 10 years!!!

Fucking quit your job and start making money! Or fuck off out of /biz/!!!

Buy ethereum
>>
>>1065696
>Why do you people enjoy being put in chains?
We are the ones in chains? Are you sure?

I don't have any debt I had to take up to start my business. No employees rely on me, putting responsibility on me. I'm not responsible for the paperwork at my company. I'm not responsible if the company fucks up and is liable for damages. If I no longer like doing what I'm doing, or just want to do something else, I can quit whenever I want, just walk out of the door. I also don't have to put in >60 hours per week just to keep the place running. I have spare time in the morning and evening, guaranteed hours, knowing that no one will bother me. I can take my vacation and not give a fuck.

I'm not chained to my job, but if you start a business, you best believe you're chained to it.
>>
Someone's making money off you either way. You're not an island unto yourself.
>>
>>1065696
>23
>fell for the college trap
>tons of debt
>got a "good" job now in finance

pretty much my plan is to pay the debt off, save, make some investments, and if I'm not making seriously big bucks at my firm then jump ship and either try to make a living off trading or start my own /biz/ness.

wagecucking isn't that bad though. A lot of the time I'm getting paid to just hang around with my co workers, and I have learned a ton since starting this job.

yes it does suck to work 9-5 5 days a week, and if I could start over I'd wind up somewhere else. but given my current circumstances this is the best path. I need to get out of debt before I can truly thrive.
>>
>>1065874
>you only get one life
>ONE FUCKING CHANCE
>you spend it as a wagecuck because you're too lazy to do some googling

You want to shitpost on the chan more than you want to start your own business.
>>
>>1066164

Yeah- you have a valid point.

I too have the chains- but those chains, you bear them with pride anon.

Work will set you free

Me and you, sure we work like dogs now, but when we're 65, we sure as shit won't be working or worrying about retirement money

It all pays off.
>>
>sell your labour for wages
>IM SELF EMPLOYED LOL WAGEKEKS
>>
>>1066378

So you wait to be 65 to live?
>>
>>1065696
>tips gigantic fucking fedora
>>
People gotta pay rent man. I ALWAYS ask about housing costs/other subsidies because that pretty much determines your course of action out of high school. Fuck parents that charge their kids market rate for rent at 18. Scumbags
>>
>>1065696
Under capitalist society, almost all useful labor is undertaken for monetary payment in the form of wages and salaries. If you don't work, you cannot afford the necessities of living. This circumstance is a historically specific circumstance created by primitive accumulation (the process by which peasants were removed from the land and left with nothing but their labor to sell, while capitalists accumulated sufficient capital to start investing it). Thus the worker is coerced, but they cannot see who is coercing them - by all appearances, they chose to sign the contract and work, even if the alternative is obviously unpleasant. Power imbalances between worker and employer, in terms of actual bargaining power, are inherent to the system.
>>
>>1066537
Meanwhile, the product of a worker's labor is owned by the capitalist, to sell on the market, where its performance, divorced entirely from the choice of the individual worker, decides their future. The process of production is also not under their control - managers stand over them, directing their effort in efficient, often mechanical ways. In this way, the worker is alienated both from the product and process of labor. This means work feels utterly boring and meaningless, and is often avoided whenever possible. It's easy to mistake this for laziness, and then conclude that any other form of society would be nonfunctioning.
>>
>>1066541
At least some of those serfs make booze and weed though, r-right?

>your posts gave me a sad
>>
Because I get paid to have fun, I mess around with machines, I get to make new stuff, free education, I create new process to make stuff, is like I get paid to be an inventor
>>
>>1065696

>tfw making 156k per year as a business intelligence analyst. Tfw I wish I could wake up at noon and spend all my time playing eroge and eating hot pockets.

Truly the life of the wagecuck is suffering
>>
>>1066537
>>1066541
What is your solution?

>inb4 just build a communist utopia, maaan
>>
>>1066541
>managers stand over them, directing their effort in efficient, often mechanical ways. In this way, the worker is alienated both from the product and process of labor. This means work feels utterly boring and meaningless, and is often avoided whenever possible.
How to be a terrible manager 101.

That aside, most of the menial, mind-numbing work has been automated away. It's no longer relevant to our society. Meanwhile, we've opened the path towards employment based on skills and merit the employee can acquire, which distinguish him, making him more desirable for companies, and hence opening up the opportunity to truly negotiate. Further, unions can level the playing field, balancing the wealth of the capitalist against the numbers of the workers, and their ability to ruin the capitalist through inaction.

As such, this marxist view on the modern labor market is inaccurate.
>>
>>1066569
>that aside, most of the menial, mind-numbing work has been automated away

Hasn't the service sector exploded since 08? I don't think your statement is accurate.
>>
>>1065696

It's not supposed to be fun, that's why its called work.

If it were fun, it would be called play.

People work because they like to have food in the fridge and a roof over their head.
>>
>>1066569
Its totally accurate because marx's point was that labor is the value driving force in tjhe equation.

The legal "illusion" of ownership , enforced by the government with threat of violence is just beneficial to those in power. I could label myself "king of the earth" and you might think its ludicrous but if I had all the guns then I'd make the rules same as these "owners"

You just wait and see how equitable the whole arrangement is when 5.4 million truckers and cab drivers are jobless in 10 years from automated cars, you think trucking companies are gonna pay them a dividend?

Do you think whatever nonsense you do to earn a living is safe? once the labor (the thing providing the real value) is done by machines (which WILL be owned by the upper class and not you or I by the way) you'll see the folly.

By then it will be far too late.
>>
>>1066588
The service sector is the replacement for the menial labor, and it's mostly make-do work, because society isn't ready for something more advanced. But if your service work is menial, it's because your business sucks at it. Sadly, not many businesses have figured out that good service needs some degree of flexibility, and if you want good service workers, you need to invest in them.
But the truly mind-numbing work is no longer a thing.
>>1066593
>Its totally accurate because marx's point was that labor is the value driving force in tjhe equation.
Welcome to the 21st century, marketing has taken that place.
>The legal "illusion" of ownership , enforced by the government with threat of violence is just beneficial to those in power.
No, it's beneficial to everyone, just in different ways. It buys social stability and peace, it's the foundation for civilization. Yours and mine. Take your hands off mine, and I keep my hands off yours, and only if that is given it's worth actually trying to improve what is mine. Otherwise, I work towards what is mine, only for you to take it away, what would be the point?

Yes, there's no truly moral justification on the national level. But it's still necessary. And if you can keep your government in check - which is your responsibility, and that of every citizen - then the highest power of ownership is with the people.
>You just wait and see how equitable the whole arrangement is when 5.4 million truckers and cab drivers are jobless in 10 years from automated cars, you think trucking companies are gonna pay them a dividend?
The arrangement will have to shift. I mentioned it further up in the other part of the post, large parts of the labor market are make-do work. It's a holdout until society is ready to accept that we no longer need to work 40 hours a week. That we, in fact, don't need half of the population to work at all, with no loss in standard of living, and that's fine. (cont)
>>
>>1066593
Answer.

What is your solution to this all?
>>
>>1066608
(cont) That we no longer need to be butthurt about people not working and still living decently. Machines have taken their place, and we don't have to pay them. We should celebrate instead of desparing because we no longer have work for everyone.
>once the labor (the thing providing the real value) is done by machines (which WILL be owned by the upper class and not you or I by the way) you'll see the folly.
You're too pessimistic. Without us as consumers, all those machines, all the production, it's all worthless, and they know it. They have to entertain us, or all their power is just gone.
>>
File: 1390623695781.jpg (54KB, 324x289px) Image search: [Google]
1390623695781.jpg
54KB, 324x289px
>>1066593
>Do you think whatever nonsense you do to earn a living is safe?
I develop and modify automation systems. I'm being elevated to riches in exchange for bringing the world around me to rags.
>>
>>1066614
That's not how it works. The Great Depression had people filthy fucking rich and they didn't care about the poor. They only need consumers to make money to have power, once they already have all the power they don't need to sell anything anymore.
>>
>>1066629
>The Great Depression had people filthy fucking rich and they didn't care about the poor.
Because it was a depression, not a long-term shift. They knew there was a recovery at the end, that they'd just have to ride it out, and then they could continue as before. There was no need for adjustment.
>They only need consumers to make money to have power, once they already have all the power they don't need to sell anything anymore.
Making money by selling shit is the power.
What other power do they have? Giving presents to politicians? That political system doesn't last. Money? To do what, buy another yacht? That's not power, power is over people.

If they want power over us, they need us to buy into their system. If we're too poor to afford shit all, we don't buy into the system, and the system crashes. Without the system, they're done.
>>
>>1066613
eat the rich kek
>>1066618
top kek
>>1066637
>What other power do they have?
control of the means of production and all the resources?

they can control the hypothetical workerbots and force us into cubicles to eat soylent smoke government issued super weed and live in vr all day while they live in a real world utopia of orgies and caviar

The system doesn't crash just because the 0.001% have even more of the means of production, they just send the ship into hyperdrive

look around the world right now and tell me they'll just sign over the dividends to this newfound prosperity out of the goodness in their hearts?

greed spreads like a virus , its in the heart of every man waiting to take over and extend itself through the ego's identity

temperance and generosity are learned behaviors that need nurturing to exist, nay my friend, it is not I who am pessimistic it I who is realistic. You are far too optimistic
>>
>>1066708
>eat the rich kek

But what if there is always a rich?

Aren't you(assuming you're in a 1st world country) considered 'rich' on a global-level?
>>
>>1066708
>control of the means of production and all the resources?
To what end? They can't do anything with them at that point. The control is worthless, the power isn't actual power if you can't actually get shit done with it.
>they can control the hypothetical workerbots and force us into cubicles to eat soylent smoke government issued super weed and live in vr all day while they live in a real world utopia of orgies and caviar
And that exactly would crash their prosperity. Because you propose that the profiteers of consumerism abolish consumerism. It's not happening.
>look around the world right now and tell me they'll just sign over the dividends to this newfound prosperity out of the goodness in their hearts?
Out of the goodness in their hearts? Hell no. Because they know that if they don't hand us something, they lose everything? You bet on it.

It's happened before. Once the ghost of communism starts walking, the top suddenly gets more generous.
>>
>>1065696
I don't like it, but I have more sense than to be a faggot neet like yourself. Unless you own a business in which case im sowwy.
>>
>>1066715
Shit comparison used by college undergrads. "rich" in this sense refers to level of power given by wealth. Anon has nearly no more power than most third world people, he's more comfortable, but he doesn't control anyone or possess his own business aspects.
>>
>>1065696
>it's 1975 and people still like things I dont like!!?!!1
>>
>>1067127
>changing the definition to fit your narrative
>>
File: ussr.jpg (179KB, 812x531px) Image search: [Google]
ussr.jpg
179KB, 812x531px
>>1067127
Just saying that the "common man" might very well not be you with your (in all likelyhood, since you're on 4chan) nice house in the suburbs with a relatively easy lifestyle which enables you to be a NEET.

What if commissar Jamal and commissar Tyrone come to your home and ask you to share your house and possessions being the good communist you are and then execute you for not being loyal enough to the cause when you didn't allow them to use your computer because of your anime image background?

Reminds me of pic related ; had to look for it tbqh./
>>
>>1065953
christ what was this guy thinking
>>
>>1066371
What kind of business should I start?
>>
>>1066499
boom!!!
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.