[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dealing with over achievers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1450395684803.jpg (56KB, 456x469px) Image search: [Google]
1450395684803.jpg
56KB, 456x469px
Im in a preety prestigious university. Over the years, I've met really nice people. Some of these are really smart and either landed extremely well paying jobs/started their own extremely successful business (like millions in revenue).
In the meantime, here I am barely achieving a 3.0GPA, not being able to get internships or jobs.
I cant help but feel miserable in comparison to them,even though ive already achieved more than the vast majority of the north american population.
any of you feel/felt the same? How did you turn out?
>>
>>1063468
> here I am barely achieving a 3.0GPA
GPA is largely irrelevant. But if there aren't at least a couple subjects where you manage to be noticeably above other students that's pretty bad.
>even though ive already achieved more than the vast majority of the north american population
no one cares about your ego stroking
Your prestigious uni gives you an education (which you could for the most part get elsewhere) and most importantly makes people positively prejudiced towards you due to preselection, but it can only carry you so far if everyone can tell you're a worthless faggot the second you open your mouth, which being unable to get any internship would indicate.
>>
>>1063468
you have no job, you havent achieved shit
>>
>>In other news; B grade student is concerned about being second best.
Sounds like an article straight out of the onion.
>>
>>1063468

I feel the exact same way (especially living in Silicon Valley). However, I think its better to compare yourself to people better than you than worse. Inspires personal growth.
>>
>>1063468
you're a whiny little bitch anon, please kindly fuck off to r9k.
>>
>>1065230
"Local student Jeffrey Jeffrey feels bad after peers do better"

The depressed youth was quoted as saying, "Yeah like I sorta tried and did like okay I guess. I'm hoping Bernie will help me out."
>>
>>1065833

OP literally posts a God-Emperor Trump pic and you are already pulling the Bernie-supporting-communist-card. Are you fucking happy with your contribution now?

sage and hide
>>
>>1066095
Lol

Yeah actually I am.
>>
Are you having fun in your pity party? You might as well quit now, because with the attitude you have, you're never going to beat anyone.

You wanna know why there are people better than you, because they work harder than you. I've been a regular of /g/, and /fit/, and now /biz/, and everyone always makes these threads:

>"Why can't I deadlift 405lbs?"
>"Why am I not good at programming?"
>"Why am I not excelling in school?"

You wanna know why? You aren't working hard enough. Do wanna go out and drink, or do you wanna get a goddamn A? Do you wanna proudly display your GPA on a resume, or do you want to make excuses? Do you wanna be rich, or do you wanna work for someone else making an average salary? The choice is yours.

Read "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius, and then come back here and try to make this thread again. Work hard, think bigger, be better.

Caesar wept at the foot of Alexander.
>>
>>1066207
that book looks really interesting, thanks bud.
>>
>>1066207
I can't deadlift 405 but I bet I'm still stronger than you senpai.
>>
>>1066311
I've re-read it dozens of times, whenever I'm off track, I read it and feel better.
>>
The trick is to learn to suppress your gag reflex, fondle the balls, use your tongue and always swallow. Word will get around eventually and you'll have no shortage of job opportunities
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.