[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to profit on attention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1364220682315.jpg (72KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
1364220682315.jpg
72KB, 500x480px
I have an idea for a hoax that would generate a ton of public interest. It would be frontpage of reddit, talked about on 4chan, reported on hundreds of news blogs and possibly make national television news as well. And the best thing is, I wouldn't break any laws.
Now how do I use this attention to maximize my profit? What can I say in the spotlight that will make people give me their money? Promote my shitty ecommerce site? Create a pre-mined altcoin and shill it in public? There have to be ways to cash in big.
>>
Interested in this as well. Bumping for answers.
>>
Post a shooped picture of bill gates dead on a gurney on twitter and short MSFT
>>
>>1061892
> I have an idea for a hoax
> What can I say in the spotlight that will make people give me their money

I don't think I understand. Are you saying you have an idea for a lie you can tell and want to convert it into money? Fact checking will usually turn around on you in a day and the most you can hope for is high one-day traffic to a website and becoming distrusted if you get linked to it.

tl;dr not a good idea
>>
Depends on the circumstance.

If you are a muslim child who builds a clock/bomb, you get to meet the president, get to fly around the world, and get a free scholarship.

If you're a young gay man, you get to go on ellen where everyone will cheer how brave you are.

If you're a gay woman, you get lots of friends on reddit who are "with you"

But, if you're a white man... fuck you.
>>
>>1063673
This is some pretty epic /pol/ butthurt

>>1061892
I would think putting it up on youtube would be your best bet, and then trying to continue making videos on your channel
>>
>>1061892
It has to be something people give a shit about, and is true-ish.
the refugi rape thing was kinda true (not all were refugies) but still caught momentum
>>
>>1063653
Nah it would be something like a story where people would tune in to hear the end of what happened. The hoax would lend itself to have a big live cam reveal.
The reveal would be that everyone has been duped and it was all a farce to shill my product.

Of course if I said 'psych!' everybody would just be angry and get out. But if I shill an actual product, some people would actually check it out and possibly buy it. Sort of a successful viral marketing story. I just don't know how to make profit with such kind of attention.
>>
It would work if it's tasteful and you can make people laugh AND it's a good product.

I can think of so many ways this is a fucking appalling idea though.
>>
>>1061892
Start with viral videos.
>>
>>1061892
[YouTube] Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

Adsense = $2/1000 views avg
45,000,000/500 = $90,000
>>
>>1065186
whoops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE0Q904gtMI
>>
>>1065186
Is that the standard rate Adsense pays?
Also, if there is a police investigation for something like that could I get in legal trouble?
>>
File: -2512a64708c750e9.jpg (222KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
-2512a64708c750e9.jpg
222KB, 960x640px
>>1061892
>tfw no gf
Thanks for nothing, OP!

>>1063673
>implying that homosex are niggers
>>
>>1065398
The average CPM for YT videos falls anywhere from $1-$4 depending on niche/keywords. That video is fake btw. Some French Canadian film students were given the task of creating a viral video and they succeeded.
>>
>>1063773
So then you answered your own question
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.