[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

opening a bakery in NYC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: baguette.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
baguette.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
And when i say bakery i mean boulangerie.

I'm a french boulanger, iv been to ny love the city, now i would like to open some sort of baguette, croissant and pain au chocolat delivery in manhattan, some sort of luxury service with quality product and real french baguette that dosent taste like what you guys call bread.

every american i'v ever met told me how our bread is good and how impossible it is to fine good bread in america, manhatan regourp lot of rich and educated people who know what a baguette is and hat's what i'm looking for.

iv looked up and it seems in that fiels exept some restaurant the market seems kind of open.
I thing of starting very modest with just a local where i would make the bread and deliver in the morning between 7 and 10 am, i if can get to more than 50 fidel client in let's say 3 month i'm good.

i wanted to know about the tax in america for entrepreneur ? in france it's a fucking joke, basicaly you give more than half of what you earn, creating a company is like suicide.

can you guys tell me what you think and some tips or book to consult on the subject ?
>>
Starting a business in NYC right now may be the dumbest thing ever. Enjoy niggers looting your store in 18months time
>>
>>1060818

oh yeah the famous recession, well let's say i wait 2 years then it's gonna be something else and in the end you never do anything, there is always a reason not to do something.

and nyc wont fall dude, it's not like i said i'd go to LA or some other cursed land
>>
File: 8p4uA.jpg (146KB, 700x907px) Image search: [Google]
8p4uA.jpg
146KB, 700x907px
Here's you opening a bakery in NYC
>>
>>1060823

20 millions people crammed onto an island that cant get food, gas or cash out of ATMs. Yeah, perfectly good place to be when shit hits the fan.
>>
>>1060823
You're better off opening up in a startup town such as Austin TX, SF Bay area, Chicago. They're more receptive to trendy/foreign stores, most residents are wealthy, and the operation costs are way lower than NYC.

Also keep in mind the ingredients are very different in North America from Europe so even when buying the highest quality flour, you'll have a different taste. Importing flour is probably not going to be worth it too, especially since imported food products have usually been sitting for a long time.

To answer your actual question: You won't have an issue surviving with US's business tax rates. You won't be rich unless you open multiple locations, but you'll have a comfortable living as long as your product is as good as you are hyping it up to be.
>>
Try finding a more out-of-the-way town that doesn't have any bakeries
>>
>>1060828
>>1060829
kek ok i consider myself warned

>>1060834
SF and austin seems like really good idea indeed i also considered portland.

and yeah floor is gonna be an issue, what most bakery use are some sort of industrial made floor that make all the bread taste the same and are full of chemical, i dont want that, i will have to research and find a recipe that works, good baguette is easy to make you just need good floor and a proper oven.

thanks for your advice dude very helpfull !

>>1060837
yea i would prefer living in an important central town, just personnal taste.
>>
File: amitie.jpg (55KB, 450x307px) Image search: [Google]
amitie.jpg
55KB, 450x307px
Don't be stupid and try to open in Manhattan. You can do very well in Queens or Brooklyn. Look up Jean-Claude Perennou, he's done very well here.

Bonne chance
>>
Las Vegas!... Henderson to be exact. Lots of net worth moving in building custom houses and the restaurant scene is on the move however there is no great bread there. A Boulangerie there would kill it!
>>
>>1060842
portland anon here, I would be a customer for some good bread.
>>
Portland has a glut of great bread ANON. Saturated market
>>
>>1060842
Portland would actually be great for this. The costs are low as fuck for a city of its size and prestige. There is no sales tax and the pearl district is full of hipsters that would pay 3x for the perfect loaf of bread.
>>
>>1060844
If you're gonna try NYC, definitely start in Brooklyn or Queens like this guy said.

Business in NYC is cut-throat. If you start to become successful, others will try to take you down.

I worked for a French bakery in NYC. They had a bakery where they made all their product and three bakery/ cafe retail locations. They also delivered in bulk to hoteps and stuff. They had excellent products but were not super profitable (at least the cafes weren't ).
Good luck!
>>
Also new jersey. We needs some real French bakeries.
>>
Are you hiring
>>
>>1060810
I missed it, I assume you are already bankrupt and had to close?
>>
>>1060810
top of my head (from reading the blog of someone who opened a coffee shop that failed in manhatten) , storefront is gonna be like 20k a month (I know youre asking about taxes but heres what I know)

So you need to clear almost 700 bucks a day (after taxes) just to pay rent
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.