[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consulting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: big-4-sust-consultancies.jpg (23KB, 635x300px) Image search: [Google]
big-4-sust-consultancies.jpg
23KB, 635x300px
I'm currently in the interview process for an entry level consulting position at Deloitte in DC. My background is engineering and I've been working for a major OEM auto manufacturer for almost the last 2 years.

I hate manufacturing so that's the reason I'm looking to get out. I also realized working as an engineer doesn't net you nearly as much money as consulting.

Anyways, can anyone give some insight into what the technical interview will be like? I'm also not sure if I'll have to do a case interview since I'm coming in as an experienced hire. I've been networking my ass off and have met in person with two managers and have a senior manager (almost partner) talking to me too.

About consulting in general, what is life like while working for the firm and then after? I have friends who work for Deloitte, but they've only been there for 1 -2 years.
>>
>consulting, also known as 'being involved in economics without skin in the game'
>respectable

Pick one, OP. You should do it for the pay, but you will also most likely sell your soul forever
>>
>>1058246
Ex-Accenture here. Can't speak to the technical interview since I came in to do analytics, so my experience is probably different.

As far as day-to-day, it depends on your boss and their relationship with the client. One plus is that you will get a ton of variety in your experience assuming you try: I learned 4 programming languages the first year I worked there. You also will learn to sell yourself and your work, since you spend like half your time doing just that. Travel can be fun, but you'll only get to see the nightlife.

I left after 2 years because a local firm was going to pay me 50% more to be an FTE and the travel was hard on my family.
>>
>>1058266
>>1058272

I know that I will be working with those "I was in a frat, now I live the yuppie life" people, but that doesn't bother me as much as the rednecks and people who get married at the age of 23 who I currently work with.

Personally, I think consulting will bring me the money and experience I desire for the next 5 years. Tangible skills are shit a monkey can do, but those intangible skills like learning to sell yourself are much more important to me.

I don't think I'll mind the travel but I probably won't be doing much of that since I'll most likely land a federal consulting project over a commercial project. I honestly don't know what I want in life, but I'd like to be making good money while I figure that out instead of being a piece of shit millennial. Plus I need that money to bootstrap a startup that I cofounded. We might break even within the next year.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.