[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ASX Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: asx_shadow.jpg (68KB, 218x275px) Image search: [Google]
asx_shadow.jpg
68KB, 218x275px
Seems like we have quite a few aussies on the board, so why not a thread for discussing particular stocks, strategies, funds, whatever. Top blokes and dud rands welcome, learn something, lose something and hopefully make something as well

To start off, EPD. Tanked on Friday due to panic stemming from some funny behaviour of the management, but there looks to be a potential for a short term gain. So, falling knife or basketball?
>>
File: SmugQueen.png (249KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
SmugQueen.png
249KB, 704x400px
>>1057565
NZ fag here, investing in NZ/AUS is like investing in a barren wasteland, theres nothing of value here lmao
>>
>>1057651
Second
Also the main asx sim doesn't have shorts or support placing market orders out of hours.
>>
>>1057651
>>1057683

You're telling me there nothing of value in any given marketplace if you look properly, and some bell end seconds it?

Enjoy your term deposits.
>>
AJX is my largest holding, even though the share price hasn't done much over the last few months the team has been kicking a ton of goals. Hoping their success translates into a rerate by march though as it is a bit disheartening seeing the price move sideways for 6 months.
>>
Buy RIO TINTO its gonna sky rocket son

Also cannot wait for fucking robinhood over here
>>
>>1057762
Is Robinhood coming to the asx? I thought it was just going to be a way for Australians to get cheap US equities.
>>
>>1057775
No not yet, but you can register and line up once they release Robinhood Beta for AUS.

I hold PLS - lithium miner. Looking strong, no debt at the moment compare to GXY, and holds one of the worlds high grade hard rock lithium.
>>
>>1057726
Okay then, whats such a good investment
>>
Whats a good/the best broker to use?
>>
>>1057795
your bank, cause if they default you will get back your money 100 percent
>>
>>1057798
Currently with westpac who have 19.95/0.11% of trade value fees, i was hoping there was somewhere better.
>>
File: Nanda Gaki.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nanda Gaki.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>1057801
Asb securities are 30/0.3percent.
But still even if it looks 'expensive' it doesnt even matter, trading 1000 dollars would only have a brokerage rate of 33 dollars, who even cares
>>
>>1057804
I meant 3 dollars, havent slept
>>
I have $10,000 max I'm willing to put into shares. When will be a good time to buy?

Also, which stocks will buck the incoming trend?
>>
>>1057816
same here, except at around 6k.

as of now its the waiting game, we gotta see how oceania will be affected from china/u.s downfall, were expected to decline too.

for aus/nz its pretty weird cause we basically produce nothing [exception for dairy for nz] so my go-to would be index ETF funds and just BUYING LE DIP

just trying to figure out where the 'dip' is
>>
File: gxy mkt cap.png (19KB, 908x448px) Image search: [Google]
gxy mkt cap.png
19KB, 908x448px
>>1057787
>I hold PLS - lithium miner. Looking strong, no debt at the moment compare to GXY, and holds one of the worlds high grade hard rock lithium.

PLS is still a virtual, Pilangoora isn't going to hit production until earliest 2017. You missed out on GXY as it seems, they have no debt since September 2015, with refinancing through the JV with GMM in Mt Cattlin, they are starting production in April, already shipping to Mitsubishi. Still a value play however, until at least April 2016 when it hits the media.

PLS is still an interesting one to go long, however I'll let it a year time to see how the market will perform. GXY is the first junior producer (with ORE) to enter the market going against the Big 5, they are entering strong with a high demand on their product and on a historical price height.
>>
BFC anyone?

Organic food distributor who have smashed their production targets and have big retailer deals in China, something like access to 130mil customers
>>
>>1057775
>>1057762
keep in mind its not free for ever. they are just doing that to secure a customer base. they will soon have a 3.9% rate on trades. still cheap though
>>
>>1058742
Doesn't really answer my question if it's only US equities through NASDAQ and NYSE or if they will be getting access to the ASX as well.
>>
>>1058668
yes invest in that milk company that sells to china (forgot what its called) china two child policy about to be removed and all those babies need milk
>>
>>1058744
did you try going on their website and researching?
>>
This rally in Ambo Chasers Inc. is adorable.
>>
In the event of a mortgage default crisis, do people think the government would be more likely to bail OUT the banks by raiding people's superannuation, or bail IN the bank by taking a percentage of depositors' funds?
>>
>>1058762
You referring to A2M?

>>1059110
Slaters? I can't say I'm enthused about a business that racks massive WIP and then relies upon it to turn into actual dollars when they are adopting no-win no-fee policies. Particularly as it seems like this is a highly policed area in light of Keddies and the like causing issues. Might make some short term money, but I'd be surprised if it bounces to highs that were previously achieved. If it had American holdings, where you can go bananas on no-win no-fee, percentage cuts of judgments and the ability to obtain massive punitive damages I'd be interested, but not in Australia.
>>
>>1057757

Same. Got in at 20 cents and thought when it hit $1.10 we were ready for lift off, but it's not done much since then.

Needs to start showing solid revenue i guess, since all the hype is over after getting the DoD contract.
>>
>>1059242
>Got in at 20 cents

I wish i was you I got in that early I'm at 60c. I went to the AGM in nov, the CEO Nick is such a cool guy, makes me confident in my investment after talking to him
>>
>>1058029
Thanks for the info I'll check them out. Yeah I'm holding onto PLS so it be an intresting future.

What do you think of ADV? They secure a lithuim project in Canada (they also mine graphite). At the moment they sitting at 1.9 cents, but due to their geological location would they have adventage over the lithium players in Australia?

That's if they can secure some MOU with US companies for their lithium and they don't have to pay much for the transport of lithium. Since Australia we're by ourselves so we have to ship them and shippings are costly I'm guessing.
>>
>>1059122
Why do you think it needs to be either of those things?

Govt could use its on money (read: issue bonds) to bail institutions out.
>>
>>1057816
>>1057821

Stick it all in Vocus
>>
the australian market is just too unpredictable at the moment for my taste, I only hold US stocks right now

I'm also bullish on the USD so want to transfer money over there sooner rather than later
>>
File: Untitled.png (4KB, 533x28px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4KB, 533x28px
>ASX
My man
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.