[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any /biz/ bros here in Ivey? How is it? I applied for AEO status

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: Ivey-Main-Logo.jpg (117KB, 936x443px) Image search: [Google]
Ivey-Main-Logo.jpg
117KB, 936x443px
any /biz/ bros here in Ivey? How is it? I applied for AEO status 2 weeks ago. I want to get in but I think my essays werent the best.
>>
>He fell for the Ivey marketing meme
>>
Just apply to Lakehead for the B.A. in Economics program...
>>
>>1056088
He lives in Oakville where every fucking person here goes to Western so that they can perpetuate their high school drama
>>
>>1056115
Western is such a meme except for lifesci
>>
MOAR LIKE OY VEY IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
>>
>>1056145
*tips iron cross in your direction*
>>
queens > western
uofT> western
waterloo > western
>>
>>1056244
You forgot Wlu > Queen's

Enjoy that cucklike tuition and no reputation outside Ontario!
>>
>>1056249
you mean wlu, the high school?
>>
>>1056260
>this is how queens cucks delude themselves

Lmao. I'm doing my co-op at barometer capital, where's yours? Oh right you don't have them in QC.
>>
>>1056273
WLU is Waterwoos retarded little brother
>>
>>1056273
>>implying I went to queens for undergrad and not the uw/wlu double degree in math/biz. I already know wlu is just a high school

Now, I'm at their downtown toronto location doing the part time Masters in Analytics, already have offers for $100K data science jobs while you serve coffee to barocuck.

>>muh wlu alumni
>>
>>1056287
No it's not.

It does suck for everything except business and econ tho
>>
>>1056293
How exactly is it a "highschool" in any way?

You're not even giving any reasons, just >it sux because I decided so
>>
>>1056299
its a place for students to extend their high school lives with bird majors like communication studies, english lit, history, psych.

Even the biz students at wlu wouldn't last a term at uw...the grilled cheese you get at their student centre was great though
>>
>>1056307
So? There's hot chicks, good co-op and it's pretty cozy.

The meme majors you mentioned are the same at any school, worthless and easy. Plus it's a lot easier to stand out when it's "easy" as you say rather than Rotman at SG where a 3.8 is only top 40% of class.
>>
File: 1.jpg (11KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
11KB, 253x199px
I want Canuck fucking shits to go back to their igloos. THIS IS AN AMERICAN IMAGEBOARD YOU SNOWNIGGERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1056315
CAD is down so we are forced to shitpost more
>>
At Ivey rn
What's up?
>>
>>1056312
wlu used to be good pre 2009. that was before the financial crisis ruined their endowment so they had to lower their standards and increase enrollment by the 100s in their so called prestigious biz program. so now you have 1000s competing for a small no. of co-ops
>>
>>1056341
If you have over 10.5 GPA you are pretty much guaranteed a co-op though.

It's really underrated. Kind of like Schulich at an otherwise subpar school.

Looking at any hedgefund in Toronto or PE firm there's always a few Wlu bba grads.
>>
I fell for the McGill cheap tuition meme

>no coop (for biz)
>easiest placements are local, but you have to either know french or are willing to learn it
>enforced curve to 65-74.99 (2.7-3.3), profs are more likely to make exams hella hard and curve up, this fucks with my ego because i leave exams thinking "shit i failed" but i see my transcripts and it says A-
>this curve makes people extremely competitive/aggressive towards each other
>academic clubs are plagued with nepotism, ie my gpa is top 10% and my work experience involves working on hundred million dollar projects for multinational energy companies but I can't even land an interview to join the consulting club
>sooooo many internationals that barely speak english
>if you want high grades you basically have to do group work yourself, rip sleep schedule

haven't had much luck with any financial services firms that actively recruit on my campus, but I've interviewed with most of the top 25 oil companies in alberta and they pay twice as much as the big 4 do
>>
>>1056407
Should've went to WLU. With equal work ethic you'd be top 1% of class.
>>
>>1056425
Funny story, I had a class in high school where I had to "plan" out what I would do after graduating. I made a presentation about how I would go to wilfred laurier because shimmycocopuffs went to WU and i wanted to meet him

only reason I didn't apply to any ontario universities was because I was piss poor and didn't want to front the upfront fee / deal with OUAC, I was a major pleb in high school that gamed 24/7

if my parents had paid for my application fees I would have done the shotgun approach. I reallllllllllllly wish I went through a coop program, not for the money (it is helpful) but for the experience
>>
>>1056457
Yeah man co-op is invaluable.

It's funny actually that you mention McGill. I know a family friend who's son unironically did his MBA at Harvard and the only Canadian school they knew was McGill. Apparently it's the only recognizable school along with UofT in the US and other parts of the world lol. Probably due to being top in every rating.
>>
>West coast
>nojobs.jpeg
FUCK WHY COULDN'T HAVE I BEEN BORN IN TORONTO.
>>
>>1056900
>no jobs
how do people around you survive then

get competitive
>>
what even is WLU?
laurier?
who cares
t. queens grad
>>
Ivey's new MSc Data analytics program is god-tier, that's pretty much it. Other MSc streams are a joke (ehhh on international biz).
>>
>>1056339
Is it hard? Do you like it?
>>
Did you also apply to Schulich?
>>
>>1060270
Yea I applied to Schulich
Queens
Rotman
McMaster
Ryerson

Already got into Laurier
>>
>>1060276
what at ryerson? I got accepted for accounting & finance yesterday, too bad the whole school is a joke lmao
>>
>>1060293
Lol shit I got in as well I just checked.
bachelor of commerce
>>
>>1060439
ayy senpai
whats ur second choice after ivey?
>>
>>1060448
queen commie
then rottiepottie
then shitlich
>>
>>1060453
did u do either interviews for schulich/rotman? I did the schulich one & it was p intense. Have yet to do the rotman one tho
>>
>>1060459
I did a practice run for both. What were the questions senpai?
>>
>>1060464
2nd was describe 1 time leadership succeeded, one time it failed
3rd was favourite way to spend weekend lol
>>
>>1055904
I was thinking about it, I have marks for AEO.
I want to travel for school but its costly.

Would attending Waterloo for CompSci be worth the living expense and the same matter for Ivey AEO and engineering (kek)
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.