[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get the workaholic mentality? I recently graduated and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: workaholic6.jpg (553KB, 2434x2592px) Image search: [Google]
workaholic6.jpg
553KB, 2434x2592px
How do I get the workaholic mentality? I recently graduated and have been wasting huge amounts of free time. Once I get a job I know I'll regret it so fucking much.

I'm a world class expert at the "feeling guilty about not working" part. Now I just need to figure out how to do the "do any work at all" part.

Are there any productivity systems that will help me? Or is the only good system a lack of any system? Everytime I try to implement a system then I immediately think that the only worthwhile system is no system and I should just use my common sense rather than rely on a system.
>>
>How do i get the workaholic mentality?
By actually enjoying and looking forward to your work. Just get up and get it done. It really isn't more complicated than that. If you hate what you're doing or are indifferent to it you won't be motivated to kill it every time you're put on a project or daily work duties. Unless you make yourself motivated by just having the desire to outperform the competition and having pride in your work, you lazy fuck.
>>
>>1055554
The business world is not like college. I know of someone who got fired from a prop trading firm for checking the world cup score on their computer.

When you get your job, just think about how much money you're making and what the hell you would do if your boss fired you for goofing off.
>>
>>1055554
People arent naturally workaholics. Some people just really love what they do.
>>
I jerk off almost every day in the morning in my own office and in general work about 50% of the time I'm paid for.

The business world definitely isn't like college, OP.
>>
>>1055596
Your own office being your parents' basement?
>>
>>1055554
Why don't you already have a job?
>>
>>1055645

I've had shitloads of interviews for good jobs and internships, and have one upcoming, but I failed them all due to ugliness and bad social skills. I have a menial part time job
>>
>>1055656
Well to answer your OP, once you start working a career job you will be motivated because you put all your time into it. I would really focus on getting a job in your field. What is your degree?

I find it hard to believe you failed multiple interviews just due to poor social skills. You might be doing something else wrong, like applying for jobs you aren't qualified for.
>>
>>1055663

No, they're all graduate level. In the UK, gradaute interviews test less technical skills than usa graduate job interviews. They're all tests of normieness.
>>
You start your own business

No one who is a workaholic is a wage slave.

Like the guy above said, you can't push yourself if you don't look forward to work, and you can't look forward to work if you're not the one reaping the rewards of your labor
>>
>>1055585
>what the hell you would do if your boss fired you for goofing off.
That would be "not coming in every day" and always ended up motivating me to goof off more.
>>
>>1055624

I'm a state bureaucrat, so pretty much. Second story though, view is decent, except when the blinds are closed ;)
>>
File: Ghost Ship.jpg (1MB, 4148x2181px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Ship.jpg
1MB, 4148x2181px
Extreme anxiety about failure OP

Every minute I'm not working, reading, learning or working on financial models I get more and more anxious

I'd advise a routine of caffeine pills, <5 hours sleep, and a workout routine

Once you have discipline in your life, you won't stop
>>
adderall

????
>>
>>1055596

How do you hide the used tissues?

What is your sperm strategy?
>>
PTSD and coke
>>
>>1056688

I don't have to hide them. I throw them in the garbage and surprisingly nobody is looking for unauthorized cum tissues.
>>
>>1055681
This. Working in an office where everybody is lazy, stupid, or both will destroy your work ethic. I know it did a number on mine. Thankfully I have side projects so I may recover someday...
>>
>>1055554
set yourself a timer to work for 20 mins, flat out.
Give yourself a reward after.
it's called the pomodoro technique if you want to learn more.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.