[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I mentally prepare myself for a call center job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: pepe-the-frog-2.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-2.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
despite having a bachelors and a masters in a STEM degree from an Ivy league university, its really the best I can do right now because I have 0 connections thanks to being a socially inept autist.
>>
>>1054478
What kind of center? Ingoing or outgoing?
>>
>>1054480
ingoing.
>>
Look for temp work in your field as a junior or CAD monkey if you did engineering. No contacts required, just sign up with agencies and bullshit some experience
>>
lmao
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html
>>
Use it as motivation to get out.
>>
>>1054478
dude go apply for a defense company (raytheon / lockheed martin / northrop grummin)

they love autistics with STEM degrees
>>
>>1054478
Why not be a teacher?
Even being a highschool teacher would be better than a shitty callcenter where you make pennies and hate yourself.
Damn you really have no selfworth
>>
File: NEET 101.jpg (432KB, 1271x850px) Image search: [Google]
NEET 101.jpg
432KB, 1271x850px
>>1054478
Take NEET course 101
>>
>>1054550
Tfw I dropped out of my PhD after 2 years because I predicted this very outcome
>>
STEM uprising when?

>inb4 hurr durr you weren't good enough
There aren't enough jobs for all of us. A large percentage of people are going to get burned no matter what.
>>
>>1054478
Lol. I dropped out of a PhD program and got a job as a management consultant. No connections either. You're just not selling yourself.
>>
>>1054478
You don't. You use the experience as a stepping stone, and connect yourself to the right people. this is not a career and don't get bogged down doing it or you'll hate life.
>>
File: 1443119336817.jpg (223KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1443119336817.jpg
223KB, 3000x3000px
>>1054478

>masters in a STEM degree
>from an Ivy league university
>a call center job
>>
>>1056755
It's more common than you think.

Production is in the shitter because all the funny money being thrown around on wall street is more attractive.
>>
>>1056718
Bullshit
>>
>>1054550
>science mad graduate

keked harder than I should have
>>
>>1054478
>Want to work call center?
>Go to nigger area of town
>Work service job
>>
File: DAUlarge.jpg (771KB, 2448x1584px) Image search: [Google]
DAUlarge.jpg
771KB, 2448x1584px
If you can't get a job in STEM, which has layers upon layers upon layers of available work for almost any type of person, you literally deserve to serve my McDonalds for the rest of your life.
>>
>>1054478
Same thing happened to me, familia. Everyone kept asking me what the hell I was doing in a call center when I had a science degree. I ended up quitting last week and resolved to spend my time looking for a real job instead.

The smart thing, however, would be to just suck it up and put your nose to the grindstone to find something better.
>>
>>1054478
Businesses are always complaining about being unable to find people with the right skills, if you can manage a "bachelors and a masters in a STEM degree from an Ivy league university" you can find something marketable that is related to your "bachelors and a masters in a STEM degree from an Ivy league university" to study next or maybe an internship or attend a career's conference and ask people what they are looking for and explain why you believe someone with a "bachelors and a masters in a STEM degree from an Ivy league university" could be trained very quickly and without hassle.
>>
Simple. Find out if management are a bunch of lying dicks. If so leave on busiest day of the week.
>>
>>1057954
>Everyone kept asking me what the hell I was doing in a call center when I had a science degree

Yeah, what is your excuse? Blatant autism?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.