[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Ebay General?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Ebay General.
So /biz/ has the last month been a good month to make shekels on ebay?

Did you try to invest money in new meme products to (re)sell?
>>
>>1054358
I build my own shit and just had my first two sales on eBay last week. The margins are way lower than i get locally; however, so if my sales volume doesn't start increasing now that i have some feedback, and/or i can't raise my prices a little, I'm out of that "perfect knowledge market" game.
>>
>>1054422
Interesting.
Are those things that you are making and selling expensive? (expensive as in >100$/€ or something like that)
Because if you're selling relatively cheap items then why not just raise the price by 1 or 2€ to get the ebay fees back?
I don't know what you're selling but probably it's not something super common is it? So I don't think that you have such a huge competition that doesn't let you raise your prices a little.

If you're selling "expensive" things then well yeah Ebay sucks. I usually insert a little paper in the shipping thing where I leave my email and a message like "I also sell things outside of ebay for a cheaper price because blabla fees. Contact me if interested"
It kinda works. Not always but it works.
But then again my prices are high if you compare them to the real market value. People buy it because what I'm selling is hard to find.

Let's say that you're selling something for 300€ on ebay. If you manage to get contacted directly by the buyer outside of ebay you can for example tell him I'll sell you another one for 285€. The buyer is going to be happy to save 15€ and you're going to be happy to make 15€ more.
>>
>>1054441
I build custom furniture parts. They sell locally for about $95, but they seem to shake out at $45-65 on eBay, at least presently with my being a low feedback seller.

I'm still making about a 76% markup on materials, but without some increase in volume, I'd rather not split my focus on emailing, UPSing, writing descriptions, etc.
>>
>>1054441
Thanks for the tip on the outside ebay business sales insert though. I'm definitely going to use that.
>>
>>1054358
Is there any guide to starting ebay business??? I am interested but have no idea where to get started.
>>
>>1054472
I'll add my two cents, for whatever it's worth. I sell my shit to regular everyday people locally, and I'm aiming towards eBay being supplemental. If you have something that sells normally, try the ebay angle. I'd be nervous as shit sinking money into a truck load of Chinese baubles, and playing race to the bottom with 10,000 other speculators (including the Chinese manufacturers themselves).
>>
>>1054485
Yeah, I use eBay to keep the momentum going between conventions. Sales there aren't steady or strong enough to rely on.
>>
File: 1316196833774.jpg (19KB, 222x345px) Image search: [Google]
1316196833774.jpg
19KB, 222x345px
>Sellers who claim to be Top Rated by using images, and HTML in their listings, but are just regular sellers.

mfw
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.