[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things PoorCucks/Unsuccessful People Say or Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: 1440571020765.png (116KB, 905x624px) Image search: [Google]
1440571020765.png
116KB, 905x624px
>I refuse to spend money to make money
>I think that my situation is outside of my control
>I don't read books
>I try to daytrade
>I go on /pol/ and/or /r9k/
>I post images of frogs on 4chan and get mad when my stocks are down
>I think that long term investing means my stocks should be increasing in value every single day without fail
>I get made when my stocks are down by a few percent for a couple of days
>The stockmarket is for smart people!
>I do the bare minimum at my job
>I am planning on buying an iPhone
>I'm going to major in English
>pays for digital media instead of pirating
>collects anime figures/video games/anything that depreciates in value
>Tells the truth in job interviews
>I don't research the jobmarket or the prospect careers of my major
>I look for excuses instead of solutions
>I try to find what's *wrong* with me rather than how I can overcome difficulties
>I think other people are simply more gifted than me and self-defecate
>Plays computer games
>they're never going to pay me more because they are evil so I have to accept this
>I'm over 23, I don't have to learn anymore!
>i'm poor because of the jews/west/communist
>i'm going to buy the most expensive car/house possible, I will manage the debt somehow
>thinking that buying real estate and renting it is the only viable option when it comes to personal investing
>not even trying to understand stock market and labeling it as gambling
>labeling loans as evil and always paying up front with all your saved cash
>keeping huge sums of money on checking account for years while saving for something
>an entrepreneur is he who lives like no one else will for 10 years so he can live like no one else can for the rest of his life
>I'm following the tai lopez mba tutorial to set up my first business selling vemma sodas
>I use drugs recreationally outside of very rare social occasions
>"/pol/ is right"
>I don't read books
>I buy Ethereum
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 750x1334px
>I buy Ethereum

Yeah, this is how I know you don't know shit.

These threads are gay, stop making them.
>>
>>1051804
19 yo

I'm guilty of
>Labelling loans as evil ans always paying up front with saved cash
>keeping huge sums of money on checking account for years while saving for something

OP, explain to me why these are antithetical to success. I'm not asking in an adversarial way, I'm just trying to put myself in the best position possible while I still have time.
>>
I agree with most of this. Our CEO is notorious for hating hearing the same idea twice. If it's a good idea, it should be action.

Actions speak louder than words.

>> I'll do XYZ next year
>> I'll start saving next year

ugh, shut up already.
>>
>>1051804
This is the /biz/ equivalent of trap threads on /b/
>>
>>1051814
Not OP, but don't save your money in a checking account. If you put it into an investment account, you'll be getting at least some growth in your savings. Checking accounts give you no appreciated interest.

Loans are not evil, but they do require you exercise caution.

I smoke weed on Friday evenings. But only Friday evenings. Pot is so fucking strong now, 2 hits and my brain is fucked for productivity for 48 hours after.
>>
>>1051814
>>I use drugs recreationally outside of very rare social occasions
Needless to say this bad for your health, costs quite a bit of money and wastes A LOT of time.
>>Labelling loans as evil ans always paying up front with saved cash
In certain situations loans can be leveraged to earn more than their interest.

This is relate to the dollar cost principle.
>>keeping huge sums of money on checking account for years while saving for something
This money could be invested either into yourself or into equities so that it is not slowly drained by the inflation rate each year.

>OP, explain to me why these are antithetical to success. I'm not asking in an adversarial way, I'm just trying to put myself in the best position possible while I still have time
>>
>>1051816
>I agree with most of this. Our CEO is notorious for hating hearing the same idea twice. If it's a good idea, it should be action.

Good stuff. It's tough love but it's important.
>>
>>1051831
>implying cash is not the safest investment right now in this new permabear climate we find ourselves in
>>
>>1051864
It isn't.

You'll be kicking yourself in a few years when you realize how much you could've earned instead of silently lose from just dollar cost averaging for the longterm.
>>
>>1051867
What sort of equities would you recommend I invest in once I start accumulating a decent bit of money.
>>
>>1051870
Buy VOO

Ignore all news and just dollarcost average into VOO.
>>
>>1051813
But he's right though.
>>
>>1051804

>I make shitty, useless threads on a Vietnamese basket waving messageboard for entertainment instead of doing something with my life
>>
>>1051940
>thinking that spending your time responding to said threads is any different
>>
>>1051940
>I reply to threads I believe are shitty and useless on a Vietnamese basket waving messageboard for entertainment instead of doing literally anything else
>>
I'm not investing into stocks or whatever because my student loan interest rates probably exceed what investments could make me.
>>
>Invest in bitcoin/ethereum/dogecoin/stable coin
it's the future of money.
>>
>I long term rent and don't buy
>my main hobbies are video games/netflix
>I do not listen to Maybach music
>>
>>1051804
>>The stockmarket is for smart people!
>>1051804
>>not even trying to understand stock market and labeling it as gambling
I don't understand how these are both wrong.
>>
File: tumblr_nq9xoffrSF1tnz6zto1_400.png (155KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq9xoffrSF1tnz6zto1_400.png
155KB, 350x350px
>>1051804
Whats wrong with frogposting? Frogs are posted when your stocks are down, not when they are doing fine.
>>
>>1051823
I smoke weed and do really good maths.

I'll be struggling at something then I'll quit for the day, punch a few cones then suddenly get an epiphany, work out the nuts and bolts then polish it off later when I'm more sober.

Same could apply for LSD.
>>
>>1051946
>>1051947

No shit. I'm not the pretentious cunt acting like "wage cucks" are below me while fapping on MLP and drinking Mountain Dew in my mom's basement
>>
>>1051804
These are somehow contradictions
>>
>>1051804
Tell me, senpai. What is the appropriate amount of money to keep in the bank? Beyond what point it is it appropriate to invest? What is a reasonable amount to put in at one time?

I'm a grad student ATM doing stuff relating to an increasingly important area of biomedical research. I don't doubt that I will have some form of work walking out the door and may have my name on some patents as well. My stipend pays for a pretty sparse lifestyle, but I have some money kicking around from family that I've gotten and held onto over the years. No student debt, no dependents. What should I do with it. Seems stupid to just let it rot in the bank due to inflation.
>>
>>1051804

>intelligence is chiefly determined by socio-economic status

I'll take wrong direction of causality for $200, Alex.
>>
>>1052361
$3000-5000 at most.

Everything else into ETFs
>>
>>1051804
These are opinions. Shut the fuck up.

This is not even a biz related thread because you are basically saying:

>people that don't agree with what I think is an ideal lifestyle are poor.

I am sure that there are also a lot of poor people that post on Chinese image boards too.
>>
>>1052383
JIDF detected xD
>>
>>1052542
Hit too close to home huh poorfag?

I bet you realized the thread was about you more and more after reading each point.
>>
>>1052528
Whatever amounts to 3 months of expenses. For me that's 6600. Which is in a shitty savings account but it's liquid so when shit hits the fan I can clean it uo
>>
>>1052630
$3000-5000 is enough for 2-3 months in most cases if you're doing right and you can quickly liquidate your broker account if need be(highly unlikely but is easy).
>>
Yep I visit /pol/ regularly and blame jews for everything. I also hate loans and never borrow (pay my cc fully every month).
I tell the truth at job interviews, because I am an honest person. Also bought 3 properties and renting them out atm, basicly I traded potentially super massive gains on stock market (or complete loss) to guaranteed monthly income. I work from home because not working and not doing anything actually gets boring after sometime.
>>
>>1051814
>take 3% balance transfer offer loan from my credit card
>loan out through lending club in $25 chunks averaging an 8% return over the year
>earn a free 5% on money that isn't yours for doing absolutely nothing
>loans are bad

I thought the same way once on loans when I was $8k in credit card debt that wasn't really even mine. Once I switched my major from foreign language to econ I decided not to take that shit anymore.
>>
>>1052557
Explain how these things make a person poor and I will refute each point.
>>
>>1052557
>I refuse to spend money to make money
I like to gamble. Could this not make one poor?
>I think that my situation is outside of my control
Sometimes it is. The markets suck right now. Do you have control over them?
>I don't read books
This doesn't make you poor, just uneducated. There are uneducated rich people.
>I try to daytrade
Trying could eventually make you rich once you learn enough.
>I go on /pol/ and/or /r9k/
I don't see how either board makes a person poor.
again, doesn't equate with making you poor. Totally unrelated.
>I think that long term investing means my stocks should be increasing in value every single day without fail
has nothing to do with being poor. Just uneducated about stocks and investing in general.
>I get made when my stocks are down by a few percent for a couple of days
getting mad is different than being poor.
>The stockmarket is for smart people!
That is an opinion which doesn't necessarily influence the amount of money you have.
It depends on the job. Some people can get by with the bare minimum and still be rich.
>I am planning on buying an iPhone
Not sure what this has to do with being poor
You may be a talented writer?
You could become poor if you get sued for torrenting.
>collects anime figures/video games/anything that depreciates in value
Has nothing to do with the amount of money you have. This is a hobby. You just don't like anime.
>Tells the truth in job interviews
To some degree you have to. How would this make you poor?
>I don't research the jobmarket or the prospect careers of my major
Not poor. Just careless

Everything you post is an opinion. Being poor is not a mindset, rather it is the state of your wallet. Being careless is. Instead of all these opinions why not just say that being poor results from a careless mindset?
>>
>>1052726
>I like to gamble. Could this not make one poor?
you know what I meant you idiot. Spending money to earn more money, versus just jewing every penny and missing out on big oppertunities. Don't act dumb.
>Sometimes it is. The markets suck right now. Do you have control over them?
Yes. You can hedge your bets like an intelligent person.
>This doesn't make you poor, just uneducated. There are uneducated rich people.
It doesn't MAKE you poor, it's just something that poor people and unsuccessful people generally say. (ie the purpose of this thread)
>Trying could eventually make you rich once you learn enough.
Unlikely. The vast majority of daytraders make very little to no money let alone enough to justify wasting thousands of hours on it.
>I don't see how either board makes a person poor.
It is somewhere where losers go to complain.
>again, doesn't equate with making you poor. Totally unrelated.
I said it is something poor people SAY/DO, not make them poor.
>has nothing to do with being poor. Just uneducated about stocks and investing in general.
It is something poor people say.
>getting mad is different than being poor.
It shows their lack of financial knowledge and impaitence.
>That is an opinion which doesn't necessarily influence the amount of money you have.
It is something commonly said by poor people

But being poor IS a mindset. These are all common things that people working minimum wage/dead end jobs say or do.
Visit any poor area and strike up a conversation with some locals. They will stumble upon at least a handful of these
>>
>>1052726
>>I do the bare minimum at my job
>It depends on the job. Some people can get by with the bare minimum and still be rich.
No you cannot. You will be stuck at your shit-tier job for ever because you do the bare minimum to not get fired rather than exceed expectations and learn your boss's responsibilities and your boss's bosses responsibilities.
>>I am planning on buying an iPhone
>Not sure what this has to do with being poor
Poor people generally waste money on luxury goods instead of investing it(either in themselves or in the stockmarket).

I am sure we have all seen those people $5,000+ in debt who still have the newest Apple(tm) products.
>>I'm going to major in English
>You may be a talented writer?
This is a degree with incredibly low expected value(EV) especially in a country where the majority of people speak English. It makes no sense. You don't need a degree to be a talented writer.
>>pays for digital media instead of pirating
>You could become poor if you get sued for torrenting.
No one gets """"sued"""" for torrenting. Only for seeding.
>>collects anime figures/video games/anything that depreciates in value
>Has nothing to do with the amount of money you have. This is a hobby. You just don't like anime.
It is a stupid waste of money for manchildren.
>>Tells the truth in job interviews
>To some degree you have to. How would this make you poor?
You're acting dumb, you know what is meant by this.
>>I don't research the jobmarket or the prospect careers of my major
>Not poor. Just careless
Poor = careless

Poor/unsuccessful people do that which is why they are poor.
>>
OP, how many times do you have to post this thread?

From google, I see you've posted this ~10 times in the last month and a half.
>>
>>1051804
>Vote Republican because IMAGINARY_VICTIMHOOD_HERE.
>>
>>1053497
>Vote democrat because "They will share da wealth evenly!"
>>
>>1053509
>y'all I gots ta give Glenn Beck all ma savins cuz deres a war on Christmas and Jeebus dontchaknow!
>>
>>1053604
>and takes a loan to gib Huckabee so.e bucks cuz teh gayz r gunna make evrywon gay if'n I don't!
>>
I'm glad there are so many people who don't do and want go change their life's it's better for me
>>
>>1053604
>>1053607
As opposed to voting Bernie so that your money gets taken to pay for welfare and women's studies majors?
>>
>>1052361
Is Biomedical engineering worth it?
I was thinking about going to med school but I really like math, and I'm pretty sure this will be an important part of the future (hopefully)
>>
>>1054030
Nervermind, shit pay. I'm becoming a Neurosurgeon
>>
>>1052650

Congratulations sir, you're a faggot.
>>
post retarded shit like this
>>
>>1052315
What do you do for a career?
>>
>>1053637
>As opposed to voting Bernie so that your money gets taken to pay for welfare and women's studies majors?

What's the difference between a Democrat taking $10 more in taxes and a Republican lowering your wages by $10?

But, also, don't you feel sorry for these fools being separated from their money? Do you really think there's a war on Christmas or a plan to make everybody gay? If you'll fall for that, what won't you fall for? And if you'll fall for anything, that's a great way to become poor and stay poor.
>>
>>1051804
You forgot a big one

>I procrastinate on /biz/ instead of doing actual work.
>>
>>1051804
>labeling loans as evil and always paying up front with all your saved cash

How is this wrong? Loanfags are losers. Unless it is for business purposes.

>an entrepreneur is he who lives like no one else will for 10 years so he can live like no one else can for the rest of his life

This is true.

What is Adderall, Ritalin?

>"/pol/ is right"

Not on all, things but they got lot of things right.
>>
>>1051804
>Everybody has the same grave
>>
>>1051804
>I don't read books

What?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.