[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tfw turbo tax is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 20151111_161203.jpg (913KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20151111_161203.jpg
913KB, 2592x1944px
Tfw turbo tax is shit
>>
>>1051788
You're a cute sleeping puppy because you don't like TurboTax?
>>
One minute in Google could have told you that.

People that use Turbo tax were more likely to get audited, got less refunds on average, and had their personal data compromised
>>
>>1051818
whats an alternative? where did you get that?
>>
File: frog eat frog world.jpg (43KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
frog eat frog world.jpg
43KB, 650x366px
>>1051788
Turbo tax just wants you to hit submit and they take your credit card payment. You could sign your name as an X with a slice of dog terd and write in emojis instead of numbers and they will let you file. Their job is not to do your taxes well, and save you wage cucs money, their job is to swipe your card and make you believe you did your taxes right.
>>
>>1051788
ive never had a problem with it. what went wrong?
>>
>>1051826

I found a local CPA who does my taxes for me (fairly simple) for $100 every year. Which is not bad since she is a nice old lady and Turbo Tax is almost $70 for state and fed now

Check your yellowpages. You probably have 20 small 1-2 CPA accounting companies within 5 minutes of your house
>>
What about h&r block
>>
>>1053345
Turbotax is fine if you have simple taxes.... Once you start having savings/investment accounts/dependants etc. it's shit.

Did fine for me when I worked at walmart, like most of 4chan.
>>
>>1053758

They are slightly better than Turbo Tax, at 5 times the price. Problem with them is they hire a lot of fresh first job guys, so your experience is very dependant on who you actually end up having do your taxes
>>
File: 1424502048001.jpg (39KB, 432x433px) Image search: [Google]
1424502048001.jpg
39KB, 432x433px
Every year I have a four-figure tax bill. I think my last return was in 2009
>>
>>1053946

Agreed. Turbo Tax was fine until I got married, bought a house, 2 rollover IRAs, and got an annuity (which is for some reason treated as a retirement payout even though I am 35 and its not MY pension paying it out)

In 2 years taxes went from 20 minutes and 30 dollars on Turbo Tax to needing a CPA or I would shoot myself
>>
>>1051788
taxslayer or the tax attorney/cpa (so nice it is one guy) and I'm done in minutes.

Take box of stuff in, come back in a couple of weeks, sign, send.

only got flagged for audit once - attorney knew the ins and outs IRS guy was `\_oo_/` and closed it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.