[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the collapse in oil lead to a new energy sector? Could nuclear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: OCDonutSteal.jpg (784KB, 1396x3248px) Image search: [Google]
OCDonutSteal.jpg
784KB, 1396x3248px
Will the collapse in oil lead to a new energy sector? Could nuclear or solar or something else take over as oil is worthless at this point?
>>
Why would oil collapse? It's still used by the millions and billions in our every day life. There's just so much being produced that it's becoming too cheap. I would say that oil will be around for quite a while at this rate. Look out for when oil prices start rising rapidly, that's when we'll have to find alternative energy sources
>>
No, the opposite mate.

The cheaper oil is, the longer it stays in business.

The more expensive it is, the more interest in alternative energy there will be.
>>
>>1050664
the entire industry is collapsing. People being laid off, oil is just not where it's at anymore. Plus most countries are trying to get off of it.
>>
>>1050641
>>1050678

Sounds like you asked us a question, then provided your own pre-defined answer.

I don't keep up with oil much, but as long as it's cheaper than the alternatives, it won't be pushed aside. Not to mention all the existing infrastructure in oil is superior in quantity to any other form of energy.

The shift will happen but I think we're far from it.
>>
I think the best alt energy is nuclear.
But there is a ton of shit that comes before there is a major shift towards it.

Solar is inefficient, but it is a meme that people are buying into.

Right now, oil is getting cheaper and is here to stay.
>>
>>1050641
If anything, renewables will get fucked because of the low oil price. Oil is not collapsing, just the price.
>>
>>1050678
This has happened before. Oil is a great mid-long term investment.
>>
>>1050678
Mining oil is collapsing, it's good for energy, they can get their fuel for cheaper
>>
People are being laid off in the drilling world. Sure. But at the refining world we are doing fine.

We love cheap oil , we are filling the tank farms up and hording it for later.
>>
>>1050641
1. Oil hasn't "collapsed"; only its price has collapsed.
2. Oil powerplants don't exist outside of places like Saudi Arabia and Gitmo and nuclear powered cars aren't a thing, so oil's price has little if any influence over the price of "alternatives". That said, fuel efficiency is a significant factor.
3. The most of the collapse in the price of oil proceeded the Paris Accord on Climate Change and the recent fall followed Iran's greenlight to begin selling again in an environment where fuel storage is maxed out. This implying that the cause is oversupply, not lack of demand.
4. Before anyone brings up the Saudis being the cause of the oversupply, I would encourage everyone to look into the sources producing the largest shares of the global supply, and (for extra points) the rate at which their production has increased in recent years.
>>
Cheap oil makes new sources of energy less viable
>>
>>1050641
Why would you want to use a more expensive form of energy just when the best one just got cheaper? Cheap oil hurts the whole energy market, op.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.