[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a bachelors degree in Finance with a concentration in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Cpa.gif (12KB, 630x392px) Image search: [Google]
Cpa.gif
12KB, 630x392px
I have a bachelors degree in Finance with a concentration in accounting.

Im thinking of going back to school to get my masters in accounting

Im thinking of going for my CPA

I looked up a website that offers sample questions for the CPA and I thought i could study up for it while im waiting to start school. and man, these are hard, i have almost no idea what they are talking about.

Do I just need more accounting experiance? Ive been away from school for a while.

How do you study for this thing??

This test seems like it would be a beast to pass.

Also, if I have a CPA what exactly does that mean for my career prospects, could I get any accounting job I wanted? Im not looking to be a personal accountant I just want to get an easy accounts payable gig. Is a finance degree enough for this, i have no actual accounting experience
>>
It has almost a 60% failure rate.

I've passed BEC after failing it once.
Failed REG and going to take it again next month.
Then I'll have two more sections to go I hope to finish by the end of summer.

I'm using pirated Becker.
It is really hard dude. Comparable to the Bar or RN exams.
>>
>>1049584
>It has almost a 60% failure rate.

/CFA/-fag here, you think in the wrong terms. It has 40% pass rate, and you aim for relative, rather than absolute, performance.

Plenty of Indians and Chinese that barely speak English to skew your performance.
>>
>>1049564
How much time has passed since you got your bachelors? What tier school are you looking at to get your masters? Are you looking to do public (I am assuming) or private accounting? CPA exams are not that hard if you put the time into them. Of the accountants I know that passed the exams all put in about 100 hours per exam and did all of the Becker material. They passed all the exams the first time. Those that I know failed (some sections multiple times) put in a lot less effort. So the question is how much effort do you want to put it? Also aas your Finance degree from an AACSB accredited school or would you have to take a lot of prereqs? Most large companies look for this accreditation and so do the big four.
>>
>>1049564
series 7
>>
>>1049564

Don't get a masters without some life/job experience first. Please don't do it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.