[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats it worth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160119_160929.jpg (839KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160119_160929.jpg
839KB, 2048x1536px
I make these little cute fucking cut-out-pics of my little pony and various other characters and put them in pictures frames etc for friends who have children and other stuff!
Was mainly just a hobby considering i dont have a television, and a way of dispersing the item when i was finished.
So i made a birthday card for my friends daughter (NOT IN THE PICTURE) thought it was pretty cool, took round to the house and daughter opens it up, all the adults started asking if i made the card and how it was made. Some took photos to show others my friends sister keeps talking about.

Was just curious to see if i can turn my little hobby into a profit maker. Aprreciate all opinions anons. Thanks.
>>
>>1049290
Kickstarter
>>
>>1049298
Ive n3ver used a kickstater before i am 100percent noob to this! Thanks for the point in the right direction!
>>
You'd need to find a local toy/comic show to set up a table at. I attend a number of shows and spend a decent amount of money on art. Especially stuff that's a little off the beaten path (but not gross, like all the bloody vampire zombie goth crap). Although I think you would've done much better with MLP 2-3 years ago. Still, I'd probably but one if I saw it at a show.
>>
Toy/Comic show never even thought about it! Damn my ideas are seriously outdated maybe i should just find the latest kids cartoons and start re-hashing that haha
>>
enjoy being sued and/or drowning in licensing fees
>>
>>1049290
of course you can turn it into a career. but if you want to do it, don't hesitate to start it. you must act now. if you wait till tomorrow, someone else will beat you to it. procrastionation will be your worst enemy. if i was in your shoes, i would work on it, and once you have enough sells, either: get a contract with a company like hallmark, and have others working for you,
or even better yet: sell the company. that market will die off within 5 years.
>>
>>1049474
getting sued is based on your profit, it'll be the equivelent of paying a licensing fee (plus likely a premium)
>>
>>1049474
Cut it out with the lawyer fearmongering. OP will be fine as long as he doesn't slap brand names all over everything and advertise in mainstream media.
>>
>>1049483
Agree about not hesitating. One thing you may not realize about selling art vs buying it is that people like alot of different stuff. So try to have 20 or so different pieces. And _that_ takes time; not something you can just do on a whim a week before a show.
>>
>>1049290
Just make some generic shit that shows off your technical skills with your chosen craft and try to get it out there any way you can really. Find stuff that people can recognize that is reasonably complex and that you can do without pulling your hair out and distribute some of it around for free and say that you're willing to do commissions as well.
>>
>>1049302
Etsy
>>
Aaaaah! You guys are the best!
Not with the fear mongering.
So after reading the comments. I decided to waste no time. Started working on another piece. I just wonder how i can turn my basic shit into something rare or what i could do to improve the quality.

Will post next piece up in a few hours!
>>
>>1050623
>>1050537
>>1049664
>>1049619
>>1049483

Thaaaanks anons!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.