[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ADVICE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: student-debt.jpg (46KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
student-debt.jpg
46KB, 460x307px
Transferring to a university after my gen eds are done at my current community college.
I now have two options, I wanted to major in compsci and go to school in state in IL.

My first option is to just go to uni here, and rack up probably 50k in loans.

My second option is to take ASU's online software engineering degree for free.

What do?
>>
>>1048351
the main thing im worried about is how online programs are looked down upon, although my diploma wouldnt have any mention of it being online

also the availability and possible difficulty in finding internships
>>
>>1048363
online is garbage and no one will respect you or your degree.

do normal uni. apply for financial aid, federal work study, scholarships, etc. Be frugal. There are lots of scholarships for community college transfers. I got a 5000 dollar one for just having above a 3.0. Make connections with people to increase chances of jobs later. Get a job during school and use money to pay loans.
>>
>>1048398
like i said my degree wouldnt be any different from somebody who studied on campus.
we would both graduate with the same major, no note of it being online
>>
>>1048405
have you ever programmed in your life? do you have a github page, contributed to a project or ever made an app? if not, i'm pretty sure a cs degree is gonna be a waste of time.
>>
File: PJvAzk1.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
PJvAzk1.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>1048409
id say im intermediate with java/sql
keep in mind ive just finished my gen eds, so my programming classes are still coming up

but curious as to why you have such a strong opinion about it
>have you ever spoken spanish before or worked with people who spoke spanish? If not theres no reason to study spanish.

I dont get it
>>
>>1048414
>have you ever spoken spanish before or worked with people who spoke spanish? If not theres no reason to study spanish

A better analogy would be that you learn spanish from people legitimately speak in an environment that promotes your real growth as you'd see how it is use in a real life setting. After learning it well enough that your growth begins to stagnate, you go to a local college for some formal classes, maybe pick up a few spanish books along the way, then you certify yourself in spanish, go to your employer then get a raise for being such a valuable asset to your company.

What's going to happen is that you'll go to a mediocre program, learn a bit of java and a lot of "theory" and history. Be there 4 years while the IRL tech passes you up, then once you come out you realize that you really don't know much of the real world then turn to the resources online that you could've gotten 4 years earlier for free or on the cheap.

smdh senpai.
>>
>My second option is to take ASU's online software engineering degree for free.

Link OP?
>>
>>1048424
I've taught myself java and sql for my own enjoyment, not sure what youre getting at desu. Don't take anything im saying as rude or arguing, i sincerely just dont understand.

People are practically ensured jobs, as long as theyre able to keep up with the tech growth.
>>
>>1048432
>People are practically ensured jobs

smdh
>>
>>1048435
idk whats making you so salty.
if you get good grades, are active, and do internships then you shouldnt have a problem getting a job when you graduate (in the sciences at least)
>>
>>1048427
Bumping again for this; only thing I found is they offer a free MBA program but SE was $523/credit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.