[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Identifying Richfags in the Wild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1438449725343.jpg (136KB, 675x508px) Image search: [Google]
1438449725343.jpg
136KB, 675x508px
There's a student in some of my lectures who wears scottish jumpers, corduroys, and brown leather boots most of the time. He has a short haircut, is always clean, never swears, but is kind of eccentric. (He once said that Chistianity and Marxism are more or less than same thing. Shrugged it off as a feeling he had when I asked him to explain.)
Also kind of a prude, though he pretends not to be. He's very sure of himself, but not brash.

No, I do not have a crush on him, I just like to observe people.

I'm trying to figure out if he's rich or autistic. He does clam up when the subject of money comes up. But what are the real tells?
Pic slightly related.
>>
>>1046928
they spend money like it's a non-issue.
/thread.
>>
The watch is usually an easy tell

Learn to identify the common models of rolex, omegas and tags, these seem to be the most popular until you hit the mega bux and start getting in to some of the more obscure pieces
>>
>>1046928
The way I used to tell is that when it came down to it money wasn't a problem for them. That's not to say they spend recklessly or anything like that, SPENDING is something they don't necessarily over-indulge in, but money itself does not hold the same weight to them as it does for a normal person.

Anyway, that guy just sounds autistic.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1046935
I don't wear my expensive watches day to day specifically for this reason. Only for meetings and nights out. Pic related, one of my everyday watches. No rich guy likes being pegged as the rich guy in normal encounters because it automatically creates a rift between you and whoever youre trying to talk to. Me and the rich friends I know like to blend in for the most part. I go through construction sites a lot so i like how sturdy it is.
>>
>>1046928
The fuck does your man crush have to do with /biz/?
>>
>>1046928
there aren't necessarily any 'tells'

one of the richest people I know dresses very casually and normally doesn't wear a watch... + he drives a volvo...

also owns a few homes, several businesses and has his own helicopter - but if you didn't know him well you'd never know about that side to him
>>
>>1046928
Why the fuck do you care?

Why obsess over how much money someone else has and try to figure it out? Don't you have better things to do?
>>
>>1046991
This. If the person is WORTH talking to, there won't be tell, because there is no need to prove anything to anybody. If you see a tryhard with a bulky gold watch with a fine cut, pink or white shirt coming out of his sweater, he's probably a pleb who just watched the Wolf of Wall Street a week ago.

Richfags who like to show off aren't necessarily not worth talking to, but a high percentage of them are either new money, or have unlimited funds from their parents. In which case they're insecure about themselves since it's probably their parents' money. It's all they hold over the average person. It's to make up for lack of intelligence, or charisma, or anything else for that matter.

Most people are just plebs trying to look rich, though. That's what you need to know.
>>
>>1046990
It's pretty relevant to pick up on a potential customer, "network" friend, or business partner's background without needing to give them the third degree.

>>1047007
Because I take an interest in the world around me.

Why do you feel the need to reduce this to "obsessing about money"?
Did I touch a nerve, or something?
>>
>>1046928
>said that Chistianity and Marxism are more or less than same thing
this isn't even close to eccentric. it's a fucking meme that 90% of people on reddit would shout
>>
>>1047259
I'm not familiar with reddit.
>>
>>1047259
>What is Hegel

Marxism (not gobunnism) is based upon continental philosophers trying to justify why God exists and Science is a Hoax
>>
>>1046928

Quit being gay bro
>>
>>1046935
That's debatable. I know poorfags with nice watches and rich fags that wear timexes.
>>
what is consider rich
>>
Sounds like he's both.
>>
>>1046983
>hey guys I'm rich but I can get along with you commoners
>here's my Caterpillar watch as proof
>>
>>1046928
In my experience the only tell that they will live well within their means and completely avoid talking about money.

You'll may get limited engagement if you know them very well and you're talking about returns on some investment(s). That's about it. Even then, very hands off-ish. Although I can tell from your post you want to be very, very hands on with this dude.

>>1046934
>NEET logic
That's how you become wealthy right? Spending money like it's a non-issue?
>>
>>1046928
In position to wealth and beliefs it is required to set a code.

His life style and words of choice set a foundation for the pillars of his beleifs and practices.
>>
File: image.png (20KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
20KB, 235x235px
>>1048578
Don't be mean, can't we at least pretend to be friends? See this is the rift i was talking about, people are so insecure about their finances.
>>
>>1048590
He wants to be hands on cock hardy har har
>>
>>1048479
No, what christianity and marxism has in common is historicism.
>>
>>1046928
My extended family all makes over 500k per household. If you consider that rich.

Anyway there are no tells except for confidence.There is a general assumption that rules can be bent and that the system will work in their favor. There is also a expectations that policy can be changed and a general disregard for the status quo.

Also he is not afraid of important people or being seen as different from the group.

However all these are also signs of autism. So it could be both or either.

Clothes are a red herring though, most rich people wear suits to work and formal gatherings constantly and enjoy dressing extremely causal during their free time. However, they still expect to be taken seriously regardless of clothing because their confidence comes from their upbringing not their attire.

If some one is wearing an expensive watch they are most likely not rich unless they are super rich. Most people I know who care about fancy watches are poor as dirt.
>>
File: 7a1.png (205KB, 365x365px) Image search: [Google]
7a1.png
205KB, 365x365px
>>1046928
> He once said that Chistianity and Marxism are more or less than same thing

m'gentlesir
>>
>>1049821
> >$500k/a

I don't think that is rich, anon
>>
>>1046928
>But what are the real tells?
Kidnap him and cut off his right ear. Send it to his Father or Grandfather. If they reply "We don't pay ransoms." Then you will know for sure he is rich.
>>
The majority of people drive average to slightly above average cars.

You won't see them at restaurants, because they don't eat out very often.

Poor people drive brand new cars, think their shitty 1k watches are impressive, and wear the highest tier mall clothing they can get.
>>
>>1049842
underrated post. S/o to all my Gettyfags
>>
>>1046928

Old Money folks are usually smart enough not to wear their wealth around plebs, lest it incites resentment

My uncle inherited a massive fortune from his oil baron grandpa and used it to start a successful business, but he still has the good sense and humility to not wear his flashy shit around strangers because he wants the people he meets to like him for who he is rather than what he has.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.