[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got back from the Big Short, pretty good movie but hated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: moviesthebigshortcast.jpg (153KB, 618x347px) Image search: [Google]
moviesthebigshortcast.jpg
153KB, 618x347px
Just got back from the Big Short, pretty good movie but hated the banks way too much.

So that got me thinking, were the homeowners in the wrong in the case of the 2008 collapse? Were the Subprime loans obviously expensive so it was maybe the homeowners fault?
>>
>>1046802
oh of course poor people who wanted holmes are the problem.
and that's why we have slave labor because people want cheap items... and are ignorant (stay in ignorance of) the labor used to produce it

I mean you can blame the every man for literally everything and it doesn't help anyone. The banks have billions of dollars and hire hundreds/thousands of people to plan their growth and maintain their capital, of course if they failed to do so its the consumer's fault.

Fuck you man
>>
>>1046802

Nah breh it was obama

Next crash when?
>>
>>1046809
this is by and large the quality of discourse the everyman believes as unassailable fact tho do'

I hope you're posting ironically.
>>
Homeowners bought homes they couldn't afford, blew through home equity lines of credit and spent it on jet skis instead of their houses. Then they got laid off en masse. (700,000 jobs per month were lost)

Traders bundled their mortgage payments with the mortgage payments of people with good credit and income.

Speculators assessed these as AAA+ bonds.

AAA+ bonds grew from a couple hundred to several thousand in just a couple years, with nearly all of them mortgage backed CDS's. Smart experienced investors should have known better.

Instead, they invested all their money and even invested other people's money from their banking reserves.

AIG insured all of this in spite of the fact that they didn't have enough money to insure all of it.

It worked well until people with shitty credit got laid off en masse and ditched out on their mortgage payments. CDS's dropped in value and banks lost lots of money. Including their reserves (aka, other people's money).

AIG had to cover the losses and couldn't.

Let's say you want to bet your life savings and you also max out your credit cards betting on your favorite football team.

Your bookie told you it was a lock.

The team got drunk the night before and played like shit.

Do you blame the team? No *their* loss was their fault but that's where fault stops.

Do you blame the bookie? No, he took advantage of customers and you're the asshole who didn't do his research.

It's your fault. For losing your own money.

The banks were at fault for the collapse. Just like it's your own fault when you lose your home on a bet. They gambled, they lost.
>>
>>1046808
Millions fail to pay, the fault of thousands?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.