[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gold bullion brands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: pamp.jpg (113KB, 800x1190px) Image search: [Google]
pamp.jpg
113KB, 800x1190px
Does it matter what brand of gold to purchase? I currently own PAMP and Valcambi bullions. Is there any brand that is better to buy than others?
>>
>>1046179

No brand is inherently "better", as long as it's a recognized producer and includes an assay.

If you decide to sell, nobody is going to pay you a premium for a Valcambi bar over an APMEX bar. If they trust the content, they'll pay the same per oz no matter whose name is stamped on the outside.
>>
>>1046179

No because owning physical gold is retarded, and therefore any minutiae associated with the activity are also retarded by proxy.
>>
>>1046232
Why exactly do you find it retarded? Don't you think it is a good security for future? Savings for a dark day
>>
>>1046251

OP you will have the last laugh when this shithead loses everything he has in a bank within the next 2-5 years.
>>
File: 1281123009066.jpg (67KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
1281123009066.jpg
67KB, 667x500px
>>1046272

>Doomers

I'm not even giving you 5 seconds of my time.

Stay impoverished.
>>
Is it strange that these gold bars make me hard
>>
>>1046187
recognized by who? where can i find a list of recognized producers?
>>
>>1046678
Coin Shops
There really isn't a list of recognised producer
just look on multiple and look at what mints they carry. If they all carry the same mint, its good.
Pamp, Valcambi, RCM and Perth Mint are all highly recognised gold producers
>>1046603
no
>>
>>1046678

Royal Canadian Mint
Valcambi
PAMP Suisse
Credit Suisse
APMEX
Johnson Mathey (Sold to Asahi, but bars still circulate)
Asahi
Sunshine Mint
Heraeus
Ohio Precious Metals

Those are some of the most well known.

But, really, gold is gold. Even if you walk into a coin or pawn shop with an unmarked lump of gold shaped like a vagina, the buyer can test it for purity and weigh it. They're buying the metal, not the name on the bar.

Bottom line, if you're going to buy physical precious metals, buy whatever you can find at the lowest premium over spot.
>>
>>1046603
Not if you're Jewish

>>1046272
Assuming American currency becomes worthless, a better investment is bullets and plot of land 1000 miles away from anyone else. Gold is absolutely worthless especially in an apocalypse.
>>
>>1046702
>Sunshine Mint
for some reason I didn't think they did gold
I don't know why
>>
>>1046179

In Iran gold coins are a common gift among rich families, especially as wedding presents. My parents got around 100 gold coins as gifts for their wedding back when Iran was still a monarchy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PAHLAVI-IRAN-PERSIA-M-REZA-SHAH-22K-GOLD-COIN-1355-1976-40-6-GRAMS-RARE-/291661730734

The fact that it's also an antique almost doubles it's price, although I don't know if this seller is just price gouging.

If you're looking to buy a few coins then these might be good long term investments as their rarity goes up when they exit circulation. Won't be hard to find a buyer either since Iranians fucking love their gold coins and anything that reminds them of pre-revolution Iran.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.