[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

r/wallstreetbets SEC Investigation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: wallstreetbetsRIP.png (39KB, 696x575px) Image search: [Google]
wallstreetbetsRIP.png
39KB, 696x575px
Hi /biz/ I was unable to find any news about this. If this is a joke it got me good. Has this ever happened on reddit before? I am very curious about what went down. Give me your deets or guesses
>>
>>1046071
can't say for sure whether or not it's a joke right now, but apparently it has happened before.
>>
WSB ended up on /r/all and a bunch of normies showed up, so they shut the subreddit down.
>>
Google the court order and see what it says
>>
If I had to assume, they're probably illegally issuing investment advice, like everyone else on the internet. However, if what >>1046090
said is true, they could have caused harm to investors. That kind of thing attracts the SEC.
>>
Some guy ran up $900 to $55k through yolo options. It got on r/all and retards were posting "how do i winz money"
>>
>>1046287
They weren't yolo options. Everyone knew the s&p was going down. He just decided to go all in on it. It's not like there was an incredible risk of him losing the money
>>
>>1046360
>b-but we all saw it coming, I just didnt want to make money

Kek
>>
>>1046071
Its a joke. Weve done it before. The mods are weirdos.

So for this one some kid turned 900 bucks into 55k in 12 days (allegedly) which made us sibreddit of the day or something so they did this to troll
>>
>>1046360
He bought options that expired the next day and required a 2% drop with all the money in his account (the $900). What do you think a yolo option is?
>>
File: 5HtGTOg.png (343KB, 540x537px) Image search: [Google]
5HtGTOg.png
343KB, 540x537px
Reddit mods are seriously some of the faggiest motherfuckers alive. They have no power irl so they act hard online.
>>
>>1046287
>>1046360

Can you explain? If he had no money left in his account, how did he execute the options?
>>
>>1046729

he didn't execute them, he sold the premium
>>
>>1046729
He bought the puts and then sold them before expiration for less than their current value. For the big players out there, they could buy the almost expiring puts (1 hour left) and execute them for a quick scalp of profit.

Essentially it went like this
Buy 198 SPY puts for .30 per share while SPY is at 203
SPY goes to 190, puts are now worth $9 per share.
Sell 198 puts for $8.90 per share. Someone will buy for the .10 cent arbitrage.

And the guy in this example makes $8.6 on a .3 investment.
I do not know the real wallstreet bet numbers, but that is essentially how it played out.
>>
>>1046409
>we
>us

Omg ur so cool ur part of an elite public message board omg
>>
> put $900 in
> get 55k out
> rich have to make sure legit
>>
Did you try clicking on the link taking you to Rick roll?
>>
you faggots all got trolled that's all, holy shit /biz/ is full of autists
>>
My guess is mods privated it and only old subs can see it still. I can still see it on relay app so I think its still up
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.