[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patreon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: patreon.png (53KB, 1680x385px) Image search: [Google]
patreon.png
53KB, 1680x385px
What does /biz/ think of Patreon? Do you guys think this is a sustainable business model or is it doomed to collapse eventually?
>>
>>1045883
I don't see how patreon itself would collapse. They don't give money to people, they collect people's money on a monthly basis and distributes them to vloggers.
>>
>>1045894
>>1045894
Do you think it could grow stronger? How viable would it be as a long term career, if that is even possible.
Ive kinda been considering it, since my current blue collar job isn't that interesting to me.
>>
>>1045896

You have to put out content basically for free to draw a following that is strong enough to ensure that you get people willing to pay for what you release, and big enough that people don't care that your basically keeping content behind a paywall. Then you have to either release that stuff hidden behind a paywall after a certain amount of time or release content for free that isn't shit every now and then.

Really, its something that only benefits people who have already put the effort in before Patreon became a thing. I don't see it sticking around for very long, a lot of big names either don't support it or are going back to releasing everything for free because they were losing money.
>>
>>1045923
>Really, its something that only benefits people who have already put the effort in before Patreon became a thing. I don't see it sticking around for very long, a lot of big names either don't support it or are going back to releasing everything for free because they were losing money.
Can you point out some evidence of this?
>>
>>1045923

That's not true. Also nobody is forcing people to put their stuff behind a paywall. A lot of content creators still put the same content out for free, but thank their supporters for their generosity, and invite new watchers/consumers/whatever to donate 2$ a month if they like the content.

And why the fuck wouldn't they? If i wasn't living well below the poverty line I'd happily shit out 20$ a month to keep the creators I love running. 2$ for my fav podcast, 4$ each for some youtube peeps who I think do great stuff but are underappreciated, 10$ for my fave artist who is now launching some comic or something...

I think patreon is a great model and here to stay. Thing is: You need REAL fans, people who want you to keep making stuff and genuinely appreciate you as a creator, not people who just 'want your stuff'. Hope that makes sense. This is also why will fail at patreon if you approach it with a business mentality, and display a lack of passion for your creation.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.