[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

drop shipping?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6703.jpg (115KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6703.jpg
115KB, 640x640px
hey /biz/ anyone here ever done any drop shipping? I'm getting into it and freelancing out random people from bangladesh, I want to make it so I have to do as little as possible. how?
>>
Its all I do every day. I work with 4 wholesalers who blind ship for me. I take a phone call, put the order into the vendor website, and invoice. Business to business is the only way to go
>>
>>1042783
how long have you been doing it?

has it been profitable?

do you outsource most of the work?
>>
>>1042783
I started with DropShip Domination, then I just used elance to hire random people to create listings for me with inkfrog. I pay like $1 per listing. I need a better distributor than amazon.

any experience with DOBA.com as a supplier?
>>
>>1042761
>>1042783
Bump for interest
>>
komodo draggoning this thread
>>
>>1042800
About a year.

I make 38k salary. The owner takes 4k a month + all profit minus 50% at the end of the year. So, it sucks for me, he does fairly well for himself. He is pulling in right around 90k before taxes for, basically coming into the office twice a week, and buying us lunch.

Nothing is outsourced. It is all in person or over the phone. Our website is really nothing more than part numbers and pictures
>>
>>1042804

I dont do online sales. Everything I do is B2B. I sell mostly packaging supplies and products to manufacturing plants, food processing plants, and retailers.

I specialize in printed and non printed poly bags/sheeting. Give me an opening and I am competitive with anyone in this country.
>>
File: IMG_6862.jpg (102KB, 600x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6862.jpg
102KB, 600x738px
anyone have any experinece with doba.com?

I want to use them as my supplier, but i dont know if it is the best for me.

also anyone used inkfrog? its a remote ebay listing app

Currently i have ebay for sales, amazon for supplier, inkfrog for listings, and i hired 4 free lancers from all over to make my listings

will i need a data entry person to copypasta the shipping addresses from ebay to amazon? is there an automated app for that?

obv
1)sell
2)dropship
3) ??
4) profit
>>
>>1042843
>will i need a data entry person to copypasta the shipping addresses from ebay to amazon? is there an automated app for that?

Ill be up front and say I dont know. However I worked IT before this job and I can tell you that anything you can imagine can be done for you for a price.

Consider this a helpful bump :)
>>
>>1042846
yea bangaledesh will do it for $4. an hour lol
>>
>>1042849

I never risk my relationships on something like that.

Retail and B2B are very different though. Your customers will leave you for a difference in 10 cents. Mine will move 200k a year in business to my competitor because someone missed a 2 hour delivery window
>>
>>1042862
desu im in it for the money, if i build a relationship i like ill keep it but money is priority for me

harsh or na?
>>
>>1042870

We are all in it for the money. That is why I would never risk a relationship in an attempt to save 5 dollars. If im scrapping for 5 dollars I am in the wrong industry.

But again I get it. You are selling trinkets for pennies online. I am selling tens of thousands of dollars worth of custom packaging to multi million dollar companies.

You screw up and you maybe lost.. 20 dollars worth of yearly customer? Are you even really trying to get repeat customers? I screw up and I lose a customer who spends 20-30k a month, every month, and has for 5 years.

That said, you are probably making 40-60% per sale. I am at best, making 30% a sale and a lot of times closer to 10%. Different businesses, different decimal place
>>
Its a scam and most of the shit is stolen. They use your bank account info to purchase stuff then sell it and you ship it. Its absolute fiscal cuckoldry.
>>
>>1042881
my card has never been online and they use a (for lack of better word) proxt to even post to my ebay
But true that those sketch balls steal numbers for days
>>
>>1042804
How is dropship domination?
Anyone have a torrent of the book?

>inb4 sales pitch
I want to know if it's legit. I'm not about the "look how I made millions selling you this book" type of shit.
>>
>>1042894
I made about $880 in the first like 30 days or 40 days I didn the online videos not the books
>>
>>1042896
So this is just arbitrage disguised as drop shipping?
I'm also seeing reviews that both amazon and ebay are perma-banning users that use this.
How secure is it for you? Are you just keeping a small operation to stay below the radar?
>>
>>1042804
Doba is cool if your customer wants to wait 3 weeks for an item
>>
>>1042918
didnt know that. thanks for the heads up
>>
>>1042916
ive been fine so far, i even called ebay customer support at ebay and they said it was kosher as long as i didnt fuck up too much. but yes i have less than 100 listings so its relativelty small
>>
bamp, also does anyone have any advice on buying tesla stock since it is so low?
>>
How do you guys feel about training sites such as wealthy affiliate for generating traffic to your ebay/amazon operations?

Is there anything with more useful info I should look into?

Also, I found this for you OP if you want to look into a collection of drop shippers:
http://www.wholesalecentral.com/Dropshippers.html
>>
>>1043882
thanks mate, looks awesome!
>>
>>1043882
>training sites
Pure idiocy. "Gurus" that sell their knowledge by pretending to be well off. If you can't learn SEO, SEM, site building, from free sources, then you are too thick to make it anyway.

>inb4 shillers shilling the counterpoint
>>
adding a pic to re-motivate all those who work for commission.
>>
>>1044166
Okay, how does biz feel in reference to the free portion of the site?

>Is there anything with more useful info I should look into?
>Shilling
I was asking for recommendations on sources.
>>
File: firstOrder.png (70KB, 1434x758px) Image search: [Google]
firstOrder.png
70KB, 1434x758px
My fucking first order and its probably fraudulent, what the fuck...
>>
>>1042761

I shipped items out for years. I am a programmer with sysadmin/database experience, and my friend had a non-tech business, which we expanded beyond.

The thing with dropshippers is it is very easy, no capital requirements etc. The problem is that makes it so everyone can do it.

All money in this business is made on the margins. Figuring out how to save one more penny per sale. For instance - they give out some free newspapers around here. So that became my packing material. Packing material would only be a few pennies, and in bulk less than a penny per box, but I saved it any how.

I wrote this a few weeks ago and won't repeat it all. But anyone can dropship. You can't have a competitive price. Eventually we chose a few items and sold those. We ordered in bulk to get a cheaper price. Then we called our reseller and said if we really wanted to buy in bulk what price could we get, so then we got that price lowered by a few dimes.

That's how we made money - on the margins, penny by penny, with economies of scale. Of course we were always on the lookout for new products, new resellers, new outlets (we had a website and sold on eBay) etc.

One thing to think about ahead of time, what if you "succeed"? What if you get inventory and sell one item a day and make a penny off it, then sell 5 a day and make a dime each, then sell 10 a day and make a quarter on each. Can you handle inventory storage and the time to ship each item as that number grows? Think about what happens if you do get to where you sell a few each day and need the space and time to sell even more, in addition to the usual bookkeeping, search for new items etc.

Even dropshipping is not a bed of roses. They are out of stock on something you just sold, they ship the wrong color, whatever. I always sold stuff I had in inventory, and if not, knew of a few dropshippers who had it in stock.

I rarely dropshipped as you can't make money, there's no margins.
>>
File: thetruth.jpg (10KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
thetruth.jpg
10KB, 276x183px
>>1044212
This pic is more aligned with work dealing with commission.
>>
>>1045552
Not really. It depends on the product.

I know salesmen who make millions working for big companies, selling products. Most of their money is made from bonuses off sales. Their base salary is fairly low. If they don't hit their quotas they are let go sooner or later.

Then there is garbage tier sales commission work, of course. Telemarketing, door to door cold sales, MLM sales to friends and family.
>>
>>1045085
where you selling/buying ?
>>
>>1045861
Through a custom webpage, through shopify. Inventory Source supports product automation for shopify so I thought I would try it.

If you mean "where" as in country, United States. California to be exact.
>>
>>1045634
But almost every person knows someone who is making bank from selling products. A kia car salesman in my area drives a new Lotus and is one of the top sellers in my state. It doesn't change the fact that only a very very small percentage of people make good money from it.
>>
>>1042843

> AHK
>>
>>1042843

http://www.workfromhomewatchdog.com/doba-review/
>>
Drop shipping is pleb tier. Get inventory and make a better margin.
>>
>>1045552
This is idiotic. I pay out well over $100k per salesperson in my team per year in commission.
>>
>>1045542
good thing my country abolished pennies, i'd hate to be this jew

good post though
>>
Ive been buying in bulk from suppliers on alibaba etc. and then shipping it to customers myself. is this the wrong way to go? is there an easier way?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.