[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UBER BUBER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1417220729645.jpg (538KB, 1300x1769px) Image search: [Google]
1417220729645.jpg
538KB, 1300x1769px
Hi /biz/ i come to you in the hopes that some of you have some experience with uber. I'm a 27 yr old currently working in an office as an accounts representative in a customs brokerage company. So to cut a long story short I'm quitting my office job and I'm going back to school, I've 3 classes left to get my degree in electrical engineering. I have been looking into Uber as it seems to be the option that will offer me the flexibility that a normal 9-5 job wouldn't. So my question is, does uber realistically speaking pay enough in a week to survive, i forgot to mention i'd have to finance a new toyota camry or equivalent to work in uber. Which i'm not too worried about as i have good credit.
>>
>>1042490
If you live near a major airport and wake up early enough you can easily earn enough to live on and be done before lunch
>>
Depends where you live (some places don't have enough traffic or have pain in the ass rules), and if you're willing to stay up very late on Friday/Saturday night.

Do you have a car currently to sell/trade in? You're take away is going to greatly be reduced by the fact that you're financing a car.
>>
>>1042533
I live in NYC and by two airports, I've also seen on craigslist people "renting" out their uber ready cars for about $350-$450 a week depending on the year of the car which seems like a good plan. Drive one and rent one out, would seem like a good option.
>>
>>1042542

Look into the rules for NJ/NYC. I know it gets hairy where you're allowed to have a destination in the other state, but once you drop off, you're not supposed to pickup until you go back to your state. Same with some of the airports. Like you can drop off at Newark, but not pickup.
>>
>>1042490

> does uber pay well.

apprently not.

they just cut their rates.

Google: "what is driving for uber like in ______"

with your city in the blank. I looked into in Atlanta where I live and found that after gas and car maintenace you end up with like $5 - $7 per hour.

It think its more for just fri night sat night hustle.
>>
>>1042763
>>1042548
Yeah, i just looked into how much the startup cost in nyc is to do the whole uber thing. kinda scary after you factor in your expenses and the oversaturation of drivers.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.