[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Boss gives me 50 cent an hour raise >Raise puts me in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: FIG-MOE-3874.jpg (86KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-MOE-3874.jpg
86KB, 600x600px
>Boss gives me 50 cent an hour raise
>Raise puts me in a higher bracket so I'm making twenty dollars less per paycheck

Is there an easy way to fix this other than opting to not withhold anything for income tax?
>>
File: 2014-us-income-tax-bracket.jpg (114KB, 517x478px) Image search: [Google]
2014-us-income-tax-bracket.jpg
114KB, 517x478px
Wr...Wrong picture.
>>
File: 1422732539583.png (117KB, 570x558px) Image search: [Google]
1422732539583.png
117KB, 570x558px
>>1042435
That's not how it works, anon. Tax brackets are progressive. Let's assume they're 10k, 30k, and 50k, just an example, not real numbers

>10k: 10% taxed
>30k: 1k tax plus 15% of everything earned over 10k
>50k: 4k tax plus 25% of everything earned over 30k

I have forgotten and relearned this more times than I'd like to admit, so I don't blame you for being a lying faggot.
>>
File: Untitled 124123423.png (10KB, 686x373px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 124123423.png
10KB, 686x373px
>>1042441
Then why are they taking proportionally more out for taxes? Is it a coincidence or is it based on previous year earnings when I was working pretty much full time hours?

Blurred check number because as you can obviously tell, I have no idea how any of this works.
>>
>>1042450
Looks like they're cucking you because they know you can't afford an accountant, and they can fire you if you approach them over it and they find some convincing lie to explain it away.

Happened to me at Southwick's Zoo, fuckers were paying me under minimum wage and overtaxing me because the fed couldn't register a wage below minimum.
>>
>>1042452
Are there any other possible explanations? That just doesn't make logical sense to me since I live in MA, which will give me unemployment pay even if they say it was obviously my fault I got fired. It would cost them more to find and hire a replacement than they'd get from me in almost a year. Plus my boss just game a raise, so I find it strange that they'd go to so much trouble to make it seem convincing that my measly 20 bucks a week is a mere oversight. I get paid 13.50 an hour, which is above minimum wage by a little bit, so I don't think it's anything with the fed like you said. Even if I couldn't afford an accountant, I'd sure as hell figure it out at tax time.
>>
>>1042450
You're getting jewed man.

Same shit happened with my friend. Both of us found summer jobs during Uni and he worked a fair bit more than me but was getting super jewed on deductions on paychecks. Like 3-4x as much as me was being deducted.
>>
>>1042455
Another easy answer is incompetency. Go talk to accounting and have them review it and explain it.
>>
>>1042455
Also what town, son? Boxborough up here, but all the single chicks are in Worcester so I'm considering going back to that hellhole.
>>
>>1042457
>>1042465
>Another easy answer is incompetency.
Thanks, and yeah, that's what I'm hoping. It's a huge company, so I'm guessing they just automate things like that to an absurd extent and I just caught in an odd position. My company doesn't give tenure based raises, only performance based so they're very rare, doubly so for a part time employee. I'll ask about it tomorrow. I would certainly hate to quit over 20 bucks an hour, weekend security is insanely cushy.

And Lynnfield here. Right next to that new mall they built. It's great because I'm twenty minutes from Boston and an hour from Worcester, the cape, and New Hampshire without dealing with any of the traffic.
>>
>>1042473
>an hour
meant a week. Man am I off my game today.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.