[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to find two good fucking employees? Literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 1216249309421.jpg (46KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1216249309421.jpg
46KB, 400x533px
Why is it so hard to find two good fucking employees? Literally have the easiest fucking job in the world.

Yeah, I mad.
>>
Employee relationships often are toxic for a healthy workplace, just FYI.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
>>1042095
Because the vast majority of people are pretty stupid. Getting a degree =/ intelligence.
>>
>>1042095
>pay a college grad what a grade 9 dropout shovel-wielder would have earned 40 fucking years ago (in real terms of course)
>surprised you can only attract bottom of the barrel trash
You get what you pay for you retarded fuckbag.
>>
What's the job?
>>
>>1042124
So much this. People wonder why low wage employees don't give a.shit--what are you offering them? If they can't pay rent on your wage they don't have skin in the game
>>
>>1042126

Night Watchman.

>>1042128
The pay is consistent with the skill level not mention pays above the skill level. I'm not asking for much here. Just people show up, do as they're asked, and leave.
>>
>>1042133
How can you fail being a security guard besides not showing up? What are they doing wrong?
>>
>>1042135

Sleeping on the job or worse, goofing off on the job and not manning their post. It's literally the easiest and most permissive job in the world. You could do your job, browse the internet all day, and get paid to do it.
>>
>>1042095
Because noone gives a f... about your brilliant business except for yourself. If you want to make them give a f... there's three options - make them partners (stock), pay them well (above median), or slavery (difficult one atm).
>>
>>1042124
This. And there's no way around it today because there are way more people than jobs. Even if they get paid shit, people still need money. It's so fucked.
>>
>>1042139
that sounds like a retarded and monotonous job. you will actually WANT a retard to do it because anyone with half a brain will be bored to death.
>>
File: 1420518536499.gif (638KB, 339x233px) Image search: [Google]
1420518536499.gif
638KB, 339x233px
>>1042100
>>
>>1042144

It is what you make it, bro. I educated myself and wiped out my entire Steam backlog of games.
>>
>>1042144
The people with half a brain are the people that you want to avoid. Anyone with a full brain will use the free time to their advantage.
>>
Where I live they always let low skilled jobs be done by university students.
Need a night watchman? Give him a desk, a chair and his study book.
>>
>The pay is consistent with the skill level not to mention pays above the skill level
So $8-$12 an hour. Those jobs are a dime a dozen in some areas. People can't afford anything on that wage so they're not motivated to keep it, and if they lose it they can fairly easily get another one, or go on unemployment and get paid roughly the same to sit at home and browse 4chan.

Just the way it is.
You might have better luck with people who are usually considered unemployable: autists, downies, the extremely elderly, non-english speakers or felons.
>>
>>1042139
What's the pay and where is the location?
>>
>>1042161

9.5/HR and Phoenix, AZ.

>>1042160
Actually that tends to be the case from what I've experienced.

>>1042156
I wish most were mature enough for it. I would hire a couple in a heartbeat.
>>
I'm literally a janitor and it's impossible to find anyone that stays around for longer than a few weeks.

it's really not that bad. I mean if you want full time and a lot of money it's awful. but 5 or so hours a day, not bad. cleaning is pretty easy and fairly low stress, depending on your supervisor.
>>
>Terrible job, no advancement
>Treats you like shit
>Bad pay

>I DONT GET IT GUYS. WHY CAN I ONLY ATTRACT DEGENERATES OR PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT TO EARN $300 THEN QUIT??!!
>>
>>1042162
Why aren't university students mature enough for it? I did something equivalent in skill in my countries busiest trauma/emergency surgery and was by far the most effective employee.
Don't be bias against people getting a degree, the ones that need to work often don't have time to be immature
>>
>>1042162
Actually, come to think of it. Being a night security guard is perfect for a student. Market the position to a premed who needs Money but also time to study.
>>
>>1042162

And that is your answer right there. You arent going to find great employees paying that little. I run a shipping department of 30 packers and loaders who all make 8.90 an hour. Its just understood and accepted that we are going to have a 40% turn over rate every year. Guys making that kind of money will change jobs for 10 cents an hour. They will also call in constantly, want to leave early, and generally dont give a shit about only taking 30 minutes a day for lunch.
>>
>>1042162

>9.50 /hr

I get paid 15 /hr to shitpost all day and I'm still unsatisfied. Step up senpa
>>
>>1042162
give me housing and I'll do it everyday since I just have to lurk on 4chan and keep watch.
>>
>>1042160
>go on unemployment and get paid roughly the same to sit at home and browse 4chan.

A while back I was making $11/hr which came out to ~$350 a week after taxes. When I got laid off PA unemployment was giving me $210/wk without taxes being withheld. I would not say a 40% drop in income is making the same money.
>>
>>1042283
I get paid $10.00 an hour to listen to classical music and sit on my phone
>>
>>1042160
>You might have better luck with people who are usually considered unemployable: autists
Yeah this is me. I would jump all over this job if it was in my area.
>>
>pay me shit all a month
>expects me to give a shit
>>
>>1042143
>today

Except for a short window in the 20th century it was like that for all of history. Things are just returning to normal.
>>
>>1042283
$40/hour to wackoff, anon. So cash
>>
I heard google had a job where all some pussyfaggot had to do was blacklist a bunch of deep web images and videos, and the guy apparently had a mental breakdown.

Fucking give me that job.
>>
>>1042162
9.50/hour? You fucking kidding me? Stop being so jewish and pay up faggot, else continue to get degenerate scum.
>>
>>1042283
300K (starting), the job I wanted. PhD in Maths though.
>>
>>1042133
3rd shift.

Theres your problem.

Either pay more to attract real people or screen your applicants better. But night shift workers are historically the bottom of the barrel. It's like society literally doesn't want them to see the light of day.
>>
>>1042485
hahahaha
that would be fun as fuck
>>
>>1042485
I do it for free atm
>>
Hire a disabled person. Somebody with no legs but all their marbles. You get a tax break too IIRC. Or break it into small chunks and make it a part-time job, hire a bunch of seniors each working a couple hour shifts a week.
>>
>>1042095
>staying up and being alert during a graveyard shift, which is known to cause health problems, is the easiest job in the world

being a watchman is easy, but you're asking people to fuck over their sleep and health for you. If you want people to actually make an effort to destroy themselves, you should compensate them for the damage they are inflicting on their body.
>>
I dunno OP. I'm pretty responsible, don't need much money, and would love to get paid to do what I love (browsing 4chan at night). I might just look into this after I've saved up a good chunk of cash from my software job and look for somewhere to settle down. Are there any certifications are other credentials required for this sort of work?

And are there other jobs like this? Sounds like a fantastic way to focus on self-improvement for a year or so without having to burn through my savings.
>>
>>1042162
>9.5/HR and Phoenix, AZ
Holy shit. I make more than that working part-time at a grocery store. And you want somebody to do basically low level police work (guard stuff from crooks) at weird hours for that?
>>
>>1044479
And I'll say this as a business owner myself (retail's a side gig). If I can't support an employee, with real money and hours, I do the job myself.
>>
>>1042133

Where are you from? I'm experienced, and skilled.
>>
>>1044483
What's your business?
>>
>>1045222
Small retailer. Still a side gig (work in IT for real) but growing. I'd love to be able to hire somebody to help with some stuff but I feel like it's my responsibility to be able to provide enough hours and stability before I ask somebody to make a commitment to work for me. When I absolutely need another body, like at a trade show or something, I pay all expenses for a friend or relative to come with me.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.