[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm transferring into a real college, And I want to bust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: the lawyer wives fear.jpg (45KB, 287x237px) Image search: [Google]
the lawyer wives fear.jpg
45KB, 287x237px
I'm transferring into a real college, And I want to bust my ass and actually work hard. I'm going to small dry campus and studying at a respected school.

I want to really get good grades so I can go to law school and do maritime or corporate law.

But I hear the prospects for law school are terrible. I am determined to get into one of the top 25. But I just can't dump the notion of becoming a lawyer.

I just can't.
>>
>>1041162
>Implying T25s are impressive

1. Do not go to law school unless you can get into a T14. My boyfriend graduated at the top of his section at a T14 and has plenty of friends (all very smart people who passed the bar, got great clinic experiences, and good grades) are not yet employed.
2. Before even applying, WORK IN A LAW FIRM FIRST.

I cannot stress this second point enough. Every single person I know who went to law school immediately out of undergrad decided to swallow their $200K in loans and not practice law. Why? Because they went in with an fantasyland understanding of what being an attorney entails and realized way too late that working in a law firm (especially the BigLaw firms you'll need to get into to be able to afford your student loans) is soul crushing and miserable.

I have a background in tech and work as a data analyst in e-discovery at a major multinational firm. I decided to give it a try since it's a niche field that's growing very fast. I've been there for a year and while the pay is decent, it doesn't nearly compensate for the awful law firm lifestyle (filling out billable hour time sheets by the 6 minute increment, not being able to make plans during the weekday, needing to work check email at 11:30 pm, having to take my work laptop on my vacation to Europe because the case team is expecting to receive 75 GBs of data from opposing council). I'm looking to go back to the standard tech sector and reclaim some of my happiness.

I'm one of the lucky ones since I'm actually able to leave. The majority of my colleagues would love to find something else but because of student loans and/or lack of other skills, they can't.

The only attorneys I know who are genuinely happy are those in criminal law. The pay sucks at first (you can expect about $30-60k as a prosecutor or public defender, depending on jurisdiction), but it's always interesting and eventful.

TL;DR: seriously, unless you want to do crim law, don't go to law school.
>>
>>1041162
Don't listen to retards like Aaron Clarey there is a demand for lawyers
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.