[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in investing in altcoins? 1. WIll they ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: Dogecoin_Value_Wide.jpg (24KB, 590x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dogecoin_Value_Wide.jpg
24KB, 590x300px
Is there any point in investing in altcoins?

1. WIll they ever actually make money?
2.What are the best coins to invest in in order to make said money
3. What length of time do you expect before sizeable amounts are made
4. Will altcoins ever separate themselves from Bitcoin?

I am looking into neucoin and peercoin, but so long as they are tied to bitcoin I'm a little concerned that they may in fact decrease in value.

All opinions are valued.
>>
File: 1449730126455.jpg (35KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
1449730126455.jpg
35KB, 720x406px
>>1038087
factom and ethereum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X289sq1pLk
>>
>>1038113
>>1038087

sorry wrong video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru-Z5kvd9js&t=22
>>
File: 1390205214951.png (229KB, 737x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1390205214951.png
229KB, 737x1445px
>>1038087
>1. WIll they ever actually make money?
They're already making money

>2.What are the best coins to invest in in order to make said money
LTC, Dogecoin, Ethereum
LTC and Doge are pretty safe plain vanilla bets on increase of marginal money flowing into crypto.
Both are well established crypto currencies
Ethereum is one of those crypto 2.0 meme currencies, but it seems to be the best of them bunch.

>3. What length of time do you expect before sizeable amounts are made
Define "sizeable".
Probs are around 2017-19

>4. Will altcoins ever separate themselves from Bitcoin?
Correlation is already pretty weak. Especially during pump and dump phases.
>>
ETH, YBC.
>>
File: BTCLTC.png (27KB, 465x470px) Image search: [Google]
BTCLTC.png
27KB, 465x470px
>>1038434
>YBC
Why?
>>
How does one actually go about getting or buying some Etherum?
>>
>>1038462

Noob here but I think you have to use poloniex to convert BTC to ETH. But first you need to convert USD to BTC on BTC-e. com. Then when you have ETH you have to store it in a wallet.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. This is my understanding so far.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 640x1136px
>>1038462
Kraken, poloniex. Etc etc.

Latest news:

http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/trading/ethereums-cryptocurrency-price-shoots-up-market-cap-tops-90m/
>>
>>1038421
OP here thank you.

I'm going to look into Peercoin, doge, and Ether

I was into doge last year, never made anything but I guess I was just being impatient.

Thanks for your help
>>
>>1038464

What is the safest way to convert USD to BTC? I don't want to link my bank account to any of these exchange sites, I would like to use a credit card. I'm in the US. Ive been noticing all these sketchy reviews on BTC-e.com
>>
>>1038555
Either localbitcoins or coinbase.
>>
>>1038115
OP here, thank you for reminding me to watch Family Guy!!
>>
>>1038087

Buy PND
>>
>>1038785
pandacoin? Is that something you see getting bigger?
>>
I've made so much money with Bitcoin these past couple of days that I am close to having a nervous break down. I don't even believe it ... it's like only a couple of days ago I was a broke poorfag struggling to pay my loans but after taking a massive risk and borrowing money from anyone I know now I am doing quite well for myself ...

Thanks for your advice biz, it changed my life. Seriously ... I am crying right now ... wtf
>>
>>1038976
and just how have you managed that?
>>
>>1038986
>taking a massive risk and borrowing money from anyone
>>
>>1038696
you sound like a shill and not from 4chan, there is this meme going around for people buying alt coins.

I also meant Family Guy mentioned bitcoin, and family guy has a conspiracy that when they mention something or an event they predict it like the Simpsons.
>>
>>1038976
stale copypasta
>>
>>1039080
ya what sir?.

I'm simply interested in altcoins as an investment, I'm not shilling anything. I haven't advertised, I've asked questions. Maybe put down the peace pipe there sir.

Also how do I sound like I am "from 4chan" call you a candy-ass, cuck and a faggot?
>>
>>1039080
Shit, we've all been exposed! Better cancel the /biz/ program and the entire 4chan operation. I'll meet you all back at headquarters.
>>
>>1039080
That's called illusory correlation
>>
>>1038455

Wait why? YBC?
>>
>>1039581
>illusory correlation

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319474.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1324799.0

I live on these forums man, these sock puppet posts come out of nowhere, then people are spreading * hurr hard fork* bitcoins going to drop.

Bitcointalk has like a 90%+ shill ratio, this is where I get my info because I usually do the opposite.
>>
>>1039581
>illusory correlation
I prefer Synchronicity
>>
File: gains.png (20KB, 348x244px) Image search: [Google]
gains.png
20KB, 348x244px
let these massive gains motivate you
>>
>>1039789
>no YBcoin
>>
>>1039603
The shills on bitcointalk are the indian spammers who say things like:

>Me very happy invest in bitcoin. When i tell my father about bitcoin he doesnt understand say it is scam but i show them money you can get from sig campaign and they more interest. I think bitcoin go up i will not get altcoin is only good for beginner
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.